2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9
Allow me to clear things up here. Arbiter is not good.
Swerve LC wrote:
Hoppy5560 wrote:
buff arbiter he's way underpowered compared to the other leaders
Nah he's good where he is. He's on par with shippy. You just have to dominate the first 5-6 minutes and you only get stronger from there. I'm a bit sad his COR doesn't stack anymore, but it was necessary to make things far.
The arbiter is actually pretty weak for how hard he is to use. I'd put him around mid tier right now due to him not having a strong presence in the early game or a particularly scary mid game.
The arbiter has one of the best if not the best early games what. And you most definitely don’t want to fight to late game with him arbiter is a beast late game he is weakest in mid game his abilities mid game aren’t that good imo
His early game is predictable and without a good T1 hero it isn't great against hero + core infantry spam assuming they can micro away from your ghosts. (Also ghosts, shield or otherwise lose hardcore to grunt mines and less so Marine nades) His mid game isn't fantastic because his third point options are all mediocre. His super late game is truly terrifying, I'll give you that. It's because of his late game that he is mid tier and not low tier.
I disagree since most people a few patches ago said he was op after the C.O.R nerf and people fought me on it, but if we could get stacking back that would be great or up his C.O.R bonuses and not stack them. The ghost sui opener is so bland to me.
Swerve LC wrote:
Hoppy5560 wrote:
Nah he's good where he is. He's on par with shippy. You just have to dominate the first 5-6 minutes and you only get stronger from there. I'm a bit sad his COR doesn't stack anymore, but it was necessary to make things far.
The arbiter is actually pretty weak for how hard he is to use. I'd put him around mid tier right now due to him not having a strong presence in the early game or a particularly scary mid game.
I disagree since most people a few patches ago said he was op after the C.O.R nerf and people fought me on it, but if we could get stacking back that would be great or up his C.O.R bonuses and not stack them. The ghost sui opener is so bland to me.
You disagree that he's underpowered right now, but you agree that his CoR is on the weak side right now? You're directly contradicting yourself friend. I think the best course of action is make CoR stack again, nerf CoR 1, and buff CoR 2 and 3. Since his Enforcer drop is a 4th point ability now it wouldn't be too obscene anymore.

...At least, I don't think it would be. Could be wrong though.
Swerve LC wrote:
Hoppy5560 wrote:
You disagree that he's underpowered right now, but you agree that his CoR is on the weak side right now? You're directly contradicting yourself friend. I think the best course of action is make CoR stack again, nerf CoR 1, and buff CoR 2 and 3. Since his Enforcer drop is a 4th point ability now it wouldn't be too obscene anymore.

I did state I disagree due to popular (wimpy) opinion, but it would be nice for stacking to come back or a buff to C.O.R. I main Arby and I don't play him properly with this nerf but you can steamroll so many people in his current status. Yeah a buff would be nice so his player skill curv would drop.

For stacking to work C.O.R would have to be nerfed hard just so you can't mop someone after the third or fourth LP. I would say he's the hardest leader to balance due to his play style.
Swerve LC wrote:
Hoppy5560 wrote:

That’s not contradicting because for example for a long time anders protector sentinal the one you get on second point was pretty crap and still is crap imo but I’ve been seeing people use it more but that doesn’t mean she was crap for that entire time she just had an underpowered leader ability but anders as a whole as always been performing well
He is a finesse leader that has a super high skill cap.

Maybe you need to get better
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wish we could have a option for custom game which allows us to play the yappening as would love to play it with friends in private and play standard on public
EiTeNeR wrote:

Kappa
I'm all for lowering that skill cap and crushing anyone who tries to play the arbiter. Lets make the Arbiter Great Again!

On a side note can we increase the duration of the stasis grenades? it seems as soon as they are thrown they go away after 2s, I feel like that's a bit short maybe like 5s or 6s?
EiTeNeR wrote:

Kappa
I'm all for lowering that skill cap and crushing anyone who tries to play the arbiter. Lets make the Arbiter Great Again!

On a side note can we increase the duration of the stasis grenades? it seems as soon as they are thrown they go away after 2s, I feel like that's a bit short maybe like 5s or 6s?
Shutting down a unit for 5s with a Y Ability is broken as balls. Definitely not, It does decent damage and can let you swarm a unit like a Hero for a clean kill.
EiTeNeR wrote:

Kappa

How about making the enforcer drop better it was moved to a teir 4 ability and I’m seeing that it’s not as good as other teir 4 abilites I’ve tried making them hit bases like colony Goliath drop but they are not strong enough to deal good base damage in mid to late game hey are imo the best building killer early game but they don’t do as much damage as goliaths mid to late game colony can use his to really mess with eco arbiter I think it needs to be moved back to the third teir or buffed slightly

increasing the verterancy to 2 and adding one more enforcer to the mix is more like it. To me it’s not in line with other teir 4 abilites even cutters cyclops drop gets a vet and is useful with vehicles enforcers the enforcer drop isn’t useful at all or am I using it wrong if I am someone please correct me

if cor isn’t getting stackable have the damag it more in line with inspired units imo. And speed a little better.
Swerve LC wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:

Kappa

How about making the enforcer drop better it was moved to a teir 4 ability and I’m seeing that it’s not as good as other teir 4 abilites I’ve tried making them hit bases like colony Goliath drop but they are not strong enough to deal good base damage in mid to late game hey are imo the best building killer early game but they don’t do as much damage as goliaths mid to late game colony can use his to really mess with eco arbiter I think it needs to be moved back to the third teir or buffed slightly

increasing the verterancy to 2 and adding one more enforcer to the mix is more like it. To me it’s not in line with other teir 4 abilites even cutters cyclops drop gets a vet and is useful with vehicles enforcers the enforcer drop isn’t useful at all or am I using it wrong if I am someone please correct me

if cor isn’t getting stackable have the damag it more in line with inspired units imo. And speed a little better.
I can get on board with the other solutions, but enforcer drop should stay where it is. Enforcers MELT bases when stationary. Now trading stasis with power surge wouldn't be a bad idea, swapping it with phantom, or even plasma shot. I rarely ever use it since it's kinda whimpy on the dps imo.
WizWaz23 wrote:
1. I personally think that Voridus's infusion pools are a little too strong on vehicles. Infantry makes sense.
2. Reavers are a little too strong I think as well. Nerf there damage, but possibly reduce pop to 4 instead 5? Idk, they're annoying.
3. Increase pop cost on banshees from 3 to 4 but increase their health a little bit to compensate.
4. Love the buff to tanks and vultures. Vultures still weak tho, think tanks move a little too slow but I can live it, perhaps a 5% speed buff. Either way I'm fine with them.
5. Glassing beam is still a little too powerful I think as well. But people seem to think its balanced so....
---All these are nit picks, but I think will improve the experience a bit more.
I think Voridus is fine.
I completely agree with line 2,
l think the Vultures are fine now but agree the tanks could use a speed buff.
Glass beam is still too powerful and needs to be nerfed.
Im glad Cyclops have been buffed but could use a little more to be worth using.
Voridus's Infusion tech should do more; make the damage increase noticeable, maybe make the first upgrade a 10% damage increase to both base infusion and cataclysm, and have infusion tech 2 be a 20% increase to both. That way it scales with the global upgrades and isn't rendered totally useless late game (Or too overpowered since it would be a step behind the global upgrades). But the big thing is making it boost the damage output of Cataclysm. Voridus has one nuke, and it's only useful for about a minute or two before global upgrades render it mostly harmless.
Can we add damage to the stasis grenades? They just stun the enemy for a second or two. I'm not asking for a lot of damage but a small amount kind of like the stasis mines how they detonate with damage and then stasis
Can we add damage to the stasis grenades? They just stun the enemy for a second or two. I'm not asking for a lot of damage but a small amount kind of like the stasis mines how they detonate with damage and then stasis
Adding damage to the mines is kind of pointless; you use them to divide your opponent's army so you can take it down more effectively. Or you use it to stun their turrets or unit production buildings so you can take down a base unimpeded.
Adding damage to the mines is kind of pointless; you use them to divide your opponent's army so you can take it down more effectively. Or you use it to stun their turrets or unit production buildings so you can take down a base unimpeded.
The grenades the produce stasis for 1-2 seconds do not allow enough time to melt a base or hinder production. Damage would prompt more usage of the Y ability, I hardly use it since it deals no damage and by the time I hit a hero I'm already hitting from all sides. The only abilities that would prompt good usage of stasis would be mass stasis and stasis LPs to make any sort of marginal difference.

The stasis mines are VERY underestimated and deal a large amount of damage unpon detonation and then stasis. I think the grenades should do the same, the only thing I would say wouldn't make it broken would be to negate any damage from other stasis grendades thrown since the enemy is already in stasis .
The grenades the produce stasis for 1-2 seconds do not allow enough time to melt a base or hinder production. Damage would prompt more usage of the Y ability, I hardly use it since it deals no damage and by the time I hit a hero I'm already hitting from all sides. The only abilities that would prompt good usage of stasis would be mass stasis and stasis LPs to make any sort of marginal difference.

The stasis mines are VERY underestimated and deal a large amount of damage unpon detonation and then stasis. I think the grenades should do the same, the only thing I would say wouldn't make it broken would be to negate any damage from other stasis grendades thrown since the enemy is already in stasis .
The idea is using consecutive stasis grenades to keep their threat building/unit out of the fight.

And nobody underestimates Stasis mines, they're the only leader point worth grabbing for your first point. Teleport is a mid/late game ability, mines give you instant CoR gratification.
Voridus's Infusion tech should do more; make the damage increase noticeable, maybe make the first upgrade a 10% damage increase to both base infusion and cataclysm, and have infusion tech 2 be a 20% increase to both. That way it scales with the global upgrades and isn't rendered totally useless late game (Or too overpowered since it would be a step behind the global upgrades). But the big thing is making it boost the damage output of Cataclysm. Voridus has one nuke, and it's only useful for about a minute or two before global upgrades render it mostly harmless.
I think overall he is fine. An upgrade to his infusion would definitely help him to be more viable for sure. I think a hero upgrade to Voridus would be the biggest thing needed to make him more usable. He is one of the weakest overall leaders. I like playing with him though. But it all depends on if your playing 1’s or 3’s. He is better in 3v3.

The idea is using consecutive stasis grenades to keep their threat building/unit out of the fight.

And nobody underestimates Stasis mines, they're the only leader point worth grabbing for your first point. Teleport is a mid/late game ability, mines give you instant CoR gratification.
The timer doesn't stack so there is no benefit, only the LPs that produce stasis are going to do what you desire. I still think they should do some damage since it's a grenade. Hell maybe even let the time stack.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9