Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Only getting 2 percent 20 games (look at my games)

OP chaosguy67

Won around 20 games in a row last night in 2v2. And literally almost every game gave 2 percent...

How are me and my friend suppose to rank up??? Then lose 1 game and takes away all those wins...

Personally i dont think anybody... no matter how bad they are... should give only 2 percent...

Look at my recent game history... not lying about 20 games in a row... didnt even go up a single rank.. then we lost to some level 99's and erased all that hours of progress...

(HOW TO FIX THIS)
1. STOP forcing us to extend our matchmaking search and let us search for people our own skill level... once again.... a lot of people will wait longer just to play a game against decent skilled players so we can stop gaining 2 percent each game...
Jup, i agree.

I made a topic for this a week ago or so( 3v3 matchmaking).
I'm usually on the receiving end of this unbalanced matchmaking.
I play almost always at night( solo queue )...which means not that many players are online and i end up getting matched with premades
10 ranks higher than me. And as a kicker, i usually get an unranked player in my team.
If you win such a game, you don't gain much which may suck a bit. For me its worse. Most of the time I end up loosing( which is obvious when playing with unranked players against champion ranks ) and instead of losing 1-2% of my rank, i loose 10-30%.
I think my record loss of rank was when I played alone(my unranked teammate never connected) VS 2 onyx/champs and lost around 80% of my rank in one go.

Looks like solo queue'ing bypasses all matchmaking rules just to allow players to get into the game within minutes. I wouldn't mind waiting for extra 5-10 minutes to get a decent and fair game. Playing an obviously unfair game is more of a waste of time than waiting in the lobby for 5-10 minutes.
Just a quick skim view of your games showed you were beating people who were gold or low platinum rank whilst you are onyx. In one match you lost, yes one person was a champion but the teamate was platinum. I'm not 100% on the exact maths but broadly speaking your winning matches were pretty unbalanced so you wont get much csr for them. Whilst the one where you lost the platinum player would've brought your csr down. Had they been two champs they'd have probably gotten only a little for beating you and you wouldn't have lost so much.

Also being onyx, you should be expecting to face champions/onyx and high diamonds. Extending the search radius is only going to bring you lower ranks not higher.
Just a quick skim view of your games showed you were beating people who were gold or low platinum rank whilst you are onyx. In one match you lost, yes one person was a champion but the teamate was platinum. I'm not 100% on the exact maths but broadly speaking your winning matches were pretty unbalanced so you wont get much csr for them. Whilst the one where you lost the platinum player would've brought your csr down. Had they been two champs they'd have probably gotten only a little for beating you and you wouldn't have lost so much.

Also being onyx, you should be expecting to face champions/onyx and high diamonds. Extending the search radius is only going to bring you lower ranks not higher.
No i DONT want to extend the sesrch radius is what im trying to say.. if i lose to someone around my rank im ok with that... but its horrible how i have to play 20 games of low ranks just to find someone decent...... we need better matchmaking
chaosguy67 wrote:

No i DONT want to extend the sesrch radius is what im trying to say.. if i lose to someone around my rank im ok with that... but its horrible how i have to play 20 games of low ranks just to find someone decent...... we need better matchmaking
If you are looking for competition, you can always join one of the competitive discords or join a league. My partner and I would like to play you. If you're just worried about rank... yes the grind is real.
Lol I literally only get put against champions or platinum or below in ones there’s no in between
Simple max loss of ten% and a multiplier win % every three wins in a row would solve the issue. This would also fix the smirf issue. But don't hold your breath. I have been saying this on this forum since I joined the forum. Don't think they care about the issue. My 2¢...