Patch is Live

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey Everyone,

The Patch is now live!

Please leave your actual feedback from playing with the new patch here.
Lets go boys really hope you fixed the re download the whole game again bug iv got friends who use pre paid internet and have to spend a extra 60$ to just DL the game again
This patch isn't a download of the game client which is where those were happening. This is a simple data download that updates data for units.
Corns wrote:
Lets go boys really hope you fixed the re download the whole game again bug iv got friends who use pre paid internet and have to spend a extra 60$ to just DL the game again
In addition to the above, the re-download bug was an issue with the X1 OS and how it handled game updates / corrupted updates. Those fixes should, I believe, have been pushed out to stable builds now.
Am I seeing right ? No structure dmg increase for air , but one against T3 vehicle , very good decision.
Excited to try out Kinsano Hornets and Flamehogs. Hopefully they won't be too out of line but fall in nicely with the other leaders.

Postums, can you add letting Kinsano's LPs work on her Condor to the docket for the next patch? Currently, it is not affected by Heat of Battle, Hellcharge, or Redline I&II. Other Condors can receive Inspire, emp mac, or heavy metal buffs etc. I think it makes sense that hers would receive her own buffs as well. And a faster Condor would sure be a cool toy, seeing as all Banished scarabs also get their own passive/active buffs.
Aatriox's fortfication still is to damaging to use when countermeasures offers both node control and increase rush infantry utility. 3% saves mere seconds compared to other early game eco boosts (forge). Aatriox's fortications should set a player up for a turtle expo strat but other leaders can do an equal even better ideal. This forces aatriox to a more offensive style then his leader description tells.
HyperZero wrote:
Aatriox's fortfication still is to damaging to use when countermeasures offers both node control and increase rush infantry utility. 3% saves mere seconds compared to other early game eco boosts (forge). Aatriox's fortications should set a player up for a turtle expo strat but other leaders can do an equal even better ideal. This forces aatriox to a more offensive style then his leader description tells.
I agree, while the 3% buff does make expos cheaper it isn't enough to warrant TWO points in it when I can get Countermeasures and another leader power of my choice. Personally I think Fortifications should reduce the price of a expo by 100 supply and 50 power each point.
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

The Patch is now live!

I am prepared for the hate, but air has been solidified as the dominant play style because of this patch. They snipe bases like nothing. Before, all air was a popular strategy in my games, and I was able to deal with it, but that buff you gave them makes bases get destroyed too fast. Hornets shouldn't be able to do that. In my opinion, the only thing that should be destroying bases quickly are Vultures and other Tier 3 units.

Right now: Hornets beat vehicles. Hornets beat infantry. Hornets beat base. Hornets beat everything.

Please consider this: Increase infantry damage to hornets slightly and reduce the hornets damage towards bases significantly.
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

The Patch is now live!

I am prepared for the hate, but air has been solidified as the dominant play style because of this patch. They snipe bases like nothing. Before, all air was a popular strategy in my games, and I was able to deal with it, but that buff you gave them makes bases get destroyed too fast. Hornets shouldn't be able to do that. In my opinion, the only thing that should be destroying bases quickly are Vultures and other Tier 3 units.

Right now: Hornets beat vehicles. Hornets beat infantry. Hornets beat base. Hornets beat everything.

Please consider this: Increase infantry damage to hornets slightly and reduce the hornets damage towards bases significantly.
I would hate to say this but I think air for once is not just viable but OP. Never have I seen air and Scouts play effectively, at least not air anyhow. Kinsano JR and Hornets are broken as F*** now.
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

The Patch is now live!

I would hate to say this but I think air for once is not just viable but OP. Never have I seen air and Scouts play effectively, at least not air anyhow. Kinsano JR and Hornets are broken as F*** now.
I agree with scouts being very good now (5% damage buff to Elite Rangers to bases plus scouts like choppers got a 10% buff against rush infantry) combined with a second wave of banshees or hornets to clean-up everything left standing. I think this patch has had an unintended effect of making vehicles a lot less viable now too. I have been playing a lot today, and I noticed how T3 vehicles are gone. Vultures are gone. Kodiaks are no longer viable unless Anders, but even then they aren't worth it now because of the nerf (40 seconds base build time, increase cost, damage nerf. RIP). All I see are hornets and banshees.

Now I think it is great T3 vehicles now deal increased damage, but what is it good for if air just destroys them before they can even get close to a base? Plus the wolverine nerf makes protecting them against air armies harder.

A final thought, but I think wolverines and reavers automatically having an aura that provides a defense buff against air would have been smarter. They could have even nerfed the wolverines and reavers to compensate for providing it. I think it would have been fun to experiment here as I think auras had great potential for this game.
Air is OP, air is horrible, air is OP, air is horrible

Before posting feedback about air after playing 2 games:
Are you sure, that you scouted? Did you really play the match correctly? Are you sure, that you couldn't have done anything different in your matches, to beat air? Are you aware, that the game is not balanced around 3v3?

I am NOT saying, that you guys are wrong. I just think feedback might be too early.
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

The Patch is now live!

I agree with scouts being very good now (5% damage buff to Elite Rangers to bases plus scouts like choppers got a 10% buff against rush infantry) combined with a second wave of banshees or hornets to clean-up everything left standing. I think this patch has had an unintended effect of making vehicles a lot less viable now too. I have been playing a lot today, and I noticed how T3 vehicles are gone. Vultures are gone. Kodiaks are no longer viable unless Anders, but even then they aren't worth it now because of the nerf (40 seconds base build time, increase cost, damage nerf. RIP). All I see are hornets and banshees.

Now I think it is great T3 vehicles now deal increased damage, but what is it good for if air just destroys them before they can even get close to a base? Plus the wolverine nerf makes protecting them against air armies harder.

A final thought, but I think wolverines and reavers automatically having an aura that provides a defense buff against air would have been smarter. They could have even nerfed the wolverines and reavers to compensate for providing it. I think it would have been fun to experiment here as I think auras had great potential for this game.
It is funny air is finally OP. At least i'm not aggravated when people say air is OP cause now it is. I played Kinsano JR opener and my Ghost were not even close. Also, Hornets were indeed the exspected opener after scouting and resign. I think Kinsano might be #1 now, not Arby or Forge.
HyperZero wrote:
I absolutely agree. Fortifications just doesn't do enough.
I've played ALOT of Atriox before and now with this change.
It allows me to be greedy with base stealing and I expand as soon as I get point 2 on Fortifications but it certainly needs another buff.
Overall its what I excited was most for was Atriox being back again and but I think some of the nerf itself should be reverted..Point 2 should give a much larger bonus again imo
It allows me to be greedy with base stealing and I expand as soon as I get point 2 on Fortifications but it certainly needs another buff.
Overall its what I excited was most for was Atriox being back again and but I think some of the nerf itself should be reverted..Point 2 should give a much larger bonus again imo
Something I wondered is: why bother with having upgradable abilities in the skill tree at all?

By the time the game is underway and you've expanded, there's not really much benefit in upgrading something like fortifications. There's much more benefit from other leader powers.

Typically, there are two 'intended' builds for each leader if you double up on a single skill, you just slow down your opportunity to unlock other skills in that ttree that are probably more useful.

If there's a clear differentiation between how a leader ability is used early and late game then by all means add an upgrade onto it but for me it would just be better to keep things simple.

I think I'm saying this from perspective of someone who plays 2v2 / 3v3 though, where there aren't as many bases up for grabs.
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

The Patch is now live!

It is funny air is finally OP. At least i'm not aggravated when people say air is OP cause now it is. I played Kinsano JR opener and my Ghost were not even close. Also, Hornets were indeed the exspected opener after scouting and resign. I think Kinsano might be #1 now, not Arby or Forge.
I beg to differ, I've played several games now where my opponents have tried mass air and I've very easily dealt with them, not to say that air is UP because I've also played a few where I've gone air and decimated. Air is fine, it kills and can be killed. I think it might be coming down to you, not scouting/preparing
BeanzSkin wrote:
Something I wondered is: why bother with having upgradable abilities in the skill tree at all?

By the time the game is underway and you've expanded, there's not really much benefit in upgrading something like fortifications. There's much more benefit from other leader powers.

Typically, there are two 'intended' builds for each leader if you double up on a single skill, you just slow down your opportunity to unlock other skills in that ttree that are probably more useful.

If there's a clear differentiation between how a leader ability is used early and late game then by all means add an upgrade onto it but for me it would just be better to keep things simple.

I think I'm saying this from perspective of someone who plays 2v2 / 3v3 though, where there aren't as many bases up for grabs.
I'm a very good team player and getting a upgrade on a LP isn't a waste.
Fortifcations II allows me to get bases easier and quicker, level 2 of it cost 323-130
Meaning I can grab 2 EXPANDS and only spend about 100-100 more.
Leader powers like Conduit of Rage leveled up is extremely good, same go with Vortex Lightning, Glassing, Hunters Brand, RoF and Siphon
I played a 3v3 Last night with some of the pros for fun customs and I ended up having 5 Bases, 3 of theirs and 2 of ours, They couldn't really come back from me stealing a bunch of bases with the base Fortify maxed out to where bases cost less then 100-100
every time there is a patch i check and every time their is still no fix for the lost dlc progress/phoenix logs glitch : (
every time there is a patch i check and every time their is still no fix for the lost dlc progress/phoenix logs glitch : (
Chances are that won't be happening any time soon, sorry :/
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2