Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

PAtch notes - spartan increasing levels

OP Alex69NoOne

So with the upcoming patch notes, are Spartans still gonna increase the level of YOUR own units they hijack? because that was the nice thing about using Spartans to BEGIN with... so I was just curious with what the patch notes and what they say does that really mean Spartans are gonna be nearly NEARLY useless?? because that changed the TIDE of battles in halo wars 1 and it was amazing.
Dude this is crazy. Even in Halo Wars 1 they increased the level of a unit as soon as they entered it. What is 343 thinking?
I would hope the change only makes it so when the Spartan LEAVES the vehicle it's rank goes down. But I'm not sure.
I would hope the change only makes it so when the Spartan LEAVES the vehicle it's rank goes down. But I'm not sure.
I hope this is the intent, but it does not read that way.
Halo Wars 1 had it right. Spartan level is separate from the vehicle level. They both maintained individual levels but when the spartan occupies a vehicle they are combined. Then if the Spartan leaves the vehicles it still maintains it's own level. Yes it is possible for a Spartan to level up while in the vehicle and come out with a higher rank.
Halo Wars 2 has a glitch with the Spartans commandeering vehicles. If a veterancy 3 Spartan hijacks a friendly vehicle, then when that Spartan leaves the vehicle it stays veterancy 3. This is an exploit and not and intended feature thus it is being patched.

Spartans will still be able to level up in a vehicle, the vehicle will be able to level up and the max a spartan commandeered vehicle can be will still be 6. They are only patching the exploit.
Spartans will still level up vehicles, but they won't permanently do so. In the current patch a vehicle without a spartan keeps the veterancy after the spartan leaves it. This is probably just a patch for that glitch.
I thought Spartans couldn't leave a vehicle unless it is destroyed so why does it matter
I thought Spartans couldn't leave a vehicle unless it is destroyed so why does it matter
It does on your own vehicles. You can leave a commandeered friendly vehicle, and it will keep the buffed level. Hijacked enemy vehicles are destroyed on exit.

Spartans will still buff vehicles if the spartan has veterancy. The vehicle just won't keep it when the Spartan leaves.
It does on your own vehicles. You can leave a commandeered friendly vehicle, and it will keep the buffed level. Hijacked enemy vehicles are destroyed on exit.

Spartans will still buff vehicles if the spartan has veterancy. The vehicle just won't keep it when the Spartan leaves.
Oh I never knew that. Wish I would've, sometimes my Spartan would accidently hop inside one of my nightingales and I would be so upset because I would just have to send it in to die