Patch Notes Discussion - May 18

OP Viper Skills

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Ske7ch just recently posted the patch notes due to release next week, as seen in the sticky above. Please direct conversation pertaining to these notes in this thread. Thanks.

Quote:
UPDATE - MAY 18
The next patch for Halo Wars 2 is being readied for release with an ETA of next week. This update will launch in conjunction with the next DLC leader and includes a variety of fixes and improvements. See below for the full details.
New Feature: Support for HDR lighting is now enabled for players with compatible hardware!
Stability
  • Players should no longer have a chance of loading into the game without the ability to issue any commands
  • Fixed a crash that rarely occurred after signing in on the Main Menu
  • Fixed a crash when playing against AI in Firefight or Skirmish mode
  • Fixed a desync that could occur in ranked 2v2 games
  • Fixed a crash on “Last Stand” that could occur from loading from an old save from a previous release
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when attacking the first barricade in the Prologue
Gameplay:
  • Added allied view indicator to the mini-map
  • Added 2 new themes to “Proving Ground” Blitz map
  • Made “Restoration Drones” get more expensive when it is upgraded to its 3rd tier
  • Adjusted the Foundry so that its always hit by Hunters' and Marines' upgraded projectiles when attacked
  • Added better “Combat Salvage” visual effects when a unit dies and is immediately built back at base
  • Removed an exploit with “Combat Salvage”
  • Reworked a targeting exploit that could occur with using “Extraction”
  • Pelicans and Darts should no longer leave floating lights above bases
  • Made it so that “Ghost in the Machine” would no longer disable Colony’s “Combat Repair” on the units it borrowed
  • Spartans no longer strip upgrades from vehicles they hijack
  • Some tech upgrades were not applying completely to some units
  • Fixed an issue with moving units not properly attacking Garrisoned units
  • Units teleported off the map are now teleported back to your base
  • Spartans no longer increase the level of units they hijack
Localization/Accessibility:
  • Made card pack descriptions show up in the appropriate language for France and Taiwan
  • Added text to the Pelican Transport level 2 when selected on the leader power radial
Audio:
  • Added “Upgrade Complete” voice over for various leaders that was missing
  • Adjusted the audio to the Forerunner structure on Highway to remove the high frequency that could be unpleasant to hear
  • Audio/music should no longer drop from games played through a playlist
  • Locust beam is no longer audible in the fog of war
  • Hellbringers should no longer play Kinsano voiceover when being attacked by an enemy Spartan
First!
Where are the balance changes? So much needs changing. Starting with Colony leader.
A Allied view indicator is amazing thanks
  • Some tech upgrades were not applying completely to some units
Patch notes written like this are not helpful. We need more details if there is a potential balance impact. This sounds similiar to the vehicle upgrades not applying to Scorpions which was a huge deal.

Are there no upcoming balancing changes accompanying the new leader?
Cool so we might get the leader next week (though I'd urge people to have expectations tempered). Also nice to see that the combat salvage and teleport glitches have been [hopefully] addressed for good.

Thanks for the info Viper and Ske7ch.
Yeah no balance changes? Also I thought colonies delay would not affect next dlc date which it obviously has. Also no news about dlc disappointed. I play this game a lot, but am starting to lose interest like many others. What about season changes, does this season end next week? Info is nice!
Yeah no balance changes? Also I thought colonies delay would not affect next dlc date which it obviously has. Also no news about dlc disappointed. I play this game a lot, but am starting to lose interest like many others. What about season changes, does this season end next week? Info is nice!
There was no "date" for this DLC leader, though the estimated time of arrival is next week now (estimations can be wrong). They stated that they discontinued the "third Wednesday of the month" schedule after Colony.
I'm just happy SOMETHING was said about desyncs/disconnects. And a fix at that. It's definitely a start.

Also, people are surprised there are no balance changes/meta shifts but honestly the game is in a pretty good spot right now.
I'm surprised they haven't released balance changes, Shipmaster haters will NOT be happy.
I'm just happy SOMETHING was said about desyncs/disconnects. And a fix at that. It's definitely a start.

Also, people are surprised there are no balance changes/meta shifts but honestly the game is in a pretty good spot right now.
I'm kinda in this boat as well!

I'm kinda in this boat as well!
Yeah its alright at the moment but they usually release balance changes later after the patch notes.
So still no fix/change for skulls, huh?
no balance changes?

the team view indicator is going to be awesome

so where is the rejoin option for like inrernet outages or actual dcs?? like its awesome there was improvement but being able to rejoin solves everything.
So still no fix/change for skulls, huh?
True. Kind of upsetting since my main mode is Skirmish.
I'm surprised they haven't released balance changes, Shipmaster haters will NOT be happy.
I love Shipmaster <3

o
TDF Yomado wrote:
no balance changes?

so where is the rejoin option for like inrernet outages or actual dcs?? like its awesome there was improvement but being able to rejoin solves everything.
yeah it really does every Team Elimination type game should have this feature it completely shifts the power struggle when someone get kicked and all there stuff just explodes.

Once i literally was about to lose i was down to only my headquarters and all the enemy units died because he got kicked and i was like that's a lame way to stay in the game.

It is no way fun to be losing and then start winning the power struggle because the enemy player just went poof. Neither is it fun to be winning the power struggle and get poofed your self or your ally gets poofed.
T1g3rs65 wrote:
TDF Yomado wrote:
no balance changes?

yeah it really does every Team Elimination type game should have this feature it completely shifts the power struggle when someone get kicked and all there stuff just explodes.

Once i literally was about to lose i was down to only my headquarters and all the enemy units died because he got kicked and i was like that's a lame way to stay in the game.

It is no way fun to be losing and then start winning the power struggle because the enemy player just went poof. Neither is it fun to be winning the power struggle and get poofed your self or your ally gets poofed.
exactly if you dc your units and bases poof and while this protains to 2s and 3s it would be awesome if the guys who dced did not lose his entire army and bases. instead the base goes dormant and his units get evenly distributed between the 2 teammates or his units go to his teammate

then allow the guy who dced a choice to rejoin
I was hoping for something to fix people backing out in the lobby before the match begins.
Cool so we might get the leader next week (though I'd urge people to have expectations tempered). Also nice to see that the combat salvage and teleport glitches have been [hopefully] addressed for good.

Thanks for the info Viper and Ske7ch.
What was the salvage glitch?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4