Patch Notes Discussion

OP BreezyStarfish1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
I'm back on top as the poster of the discussion thread!

What are your thoughts everyone? Like the changes or no?

Here they are for reference
I hope more notes are on the way, but some of this is really good.
-Forge needs work
-Arby phantoms
-AA didn't need a buff
-Forge needs work
-Arby phantoms
-AA didn't need a buff
I can agree on all of those points.

I'm also saddened to see T2 timings and scouts unchanged, but I believe the buffs to AV and to T3 vehicles should help close the gap.

Baby steps anyways.
-Forge needs work
-Arby phantoms
-AA didn't need a buff
I can agree on all of those points.

I'm also saddened to see T2 timings and scouts unchanged, but I believe the buffs to AV and to T3 vehicles should help close the gap.

Baby steps anyways.
true.
Also, scouts tho
I really hope there are more notes because that was both disappointing and underwhelming.
I'm liking the voridus and pav changes. I also like the AV buffs. That's pretty much it. Grizzlies didn't need a buff. Arby and forge need some major reworks. Serinas ice is gonna negate all the tank buffs. Most of all, what happened to slowing down tech 2? Were gonna be forced to tech up into counter units. How are we supposed to rush? Also say goodbye to air units
Why are siege turrets not nerfed? They make certain leaders unusable and make banished have to add shrouds to their army comp when they UNSC has no population consequences.
I don't think this counts Breezy, Plastic Hassle beat you to the punch. Just accept defeat.
Tbh I would not be surprised if the meta continued to be fast teching but now armies will be T3 vehicles with some AA mixed in. Should roll over almost everything.
AA needed the slight health buff, 10% HP increase was much needed.
Tbh I would not be surprised if the meta continued to be fast teching but now armies will be T3 vehicles with some AA mixed in. Should roll over almost everything.
idk, I still think Wraiths won't be worth their weight. Unless those happen to be limo wraiths...
Not a buff for Kinsano to be found😑

I guess I still gotta go all air to have a shot...

But look on the bright side. At least she's still viable in the top-tier😅
nuchey wrote:
Gotta disagree. Air won't be useful at all after this patch.
I think the DLC brute brothers finally got a solid nerf. However I'm mightily concerned about a few things..

-AA really didn't need a buff. AA units are so so so effective and thinking about making them better makes my stomach hurt.
-UNSC AI turrets remained untouched, rushing UNSC is not an option still. This makes SpaceMail Man sad.
-Forge will still probs be king
-Jackrabbits are still going to be useless. I feel like a scout vs rush unit buff was so commonly asked for that I'm very surprised these remained untouched.

However, there's still a lot I like:
-AV buffs give me hope, although this will need some testing.
-T3 vehicle buffs are great. Even if it's a race to T3, I like to think that's the way it should be. Seems like a staple in RTS's to have some late game units that essentially ensure gg if you get them out uncontested, it's always been a major sticking point for me that HW 2 didn't have late game units that inspire fear like Kirovs in Red Alert or the Scud Launchers or Nuke Cannons in C&C zero hour or Mammoth Tanks for C&C 3.

All in all, I'm happy with the patch notes, although there are still a few minor things in the way of making this game as balanced as conceivably possible.
Dray5k wrote:

LOL, good luck going air now.

Air units = completely irrelevant now.
Why was AA Buffed? And Grizzlies, and why weren't Flame hogs touched at all?
Oh and Arbiter it still out there.
nuchey wrote:
Gotta disagree. Air won't be useful at all after this patch.
Maybe in 1v1 but from what I've heard high level players don't use Air in 1v1's anyways.

This will be much better for 3v3 because you wont have to dedicate 75% of your army to AA when going up against players that spam Air
Dray5k wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm nearly certain air is dead on arrival now. Flamehogs really really needed some help too.
this patch addressed about half of the current issues.
:/
just gotta keep waiting till next month to properly address issues with Arbiter, Serina, Kinsano, and cutter
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Maybe in 1v1 but from what I've heard high level players don't use Air in 1v1's anyways.

This will be much better for 3v3 because you wont have to dedicate 75% of your army to AA when going up against players that spam Air
Part of the reason that they don't use it is because it's expensive and AA already does it's job.
In 3s, you just have to coordinate more.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6