OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
***[Updated at 3/10 2:30 PM PST]***

Alright, so this worked quite well last time so we are going to continue this process again to continue shaping balance updates based on community requests and asks. A lot of time has been spent in the game by everyone reading this and we love hearing what you all have to say!

So, let me again start by saying - This is NOT a final list. It is a work in progress and is very subject to change.

As we go through our investigations in the data files and find out what makes the most sense this list will be updated to reflect what changes we are planning to implement. In order to mark those items as being updated this thread's bullet pointed items will be marked with a [Updated] tag in front of the change. As well, the list thread will have an update date/time updated to show when the last changes were made. To view the most recent modified items the tag will be displayed as **[Updated]

Below are all items we are currently working on or have implemented so far. Some have numbers attached while others don't at this time and that's because we are working towards finding what a good change should be. Now I know there are an abundance of things everyone will want to see added to the game in terms of balance changes, but not everything will make it in for each update. However, please post them in the comments and we will take them into account and see what can be done if they make sense.

But like I said the first time, take a look, give feedback, be civil, and let's get this Patch Pre-Preview underway.

Deathmatch/Domination/Strongholds changes
  • **[Updated] Reduced the power cost on the Wolverine by 10 to 150/180 and Reaver by 15 to 175/210.
  • **[Updated] Shipmaster's scout mine's line of sight has been increased by 25% to increase its utility. As well on advanced cloaking the power cost to shrouds has been reduced by 30 and the advanced range for cloaking on shrouds has been increased by 15%.
  • **[Updated] Decimus Boundless siphon has been reduced from a 3% heal to a 2.5% heal. As well his active siphon has been reduced by 1% at each tier down to 6%/8%/10%. The tiers of active siphon cost have increased from T1 200/50, T2 300/75, and T3 400/100 to T1300/100, T2 400/150, and T3 500/200.
  • **[Updated] Core Air vs. T3 vehicles damage was buffed in the previous patch by 40%. We are reverting 10% of that buff so they will now have do 130% of the units base DPS to tanks instead of 140%.
  • **[Updated] Conduit of Rage is an amazing ability, but the sheer amount of healing it was doing at each tier was making the units very hard to kill with how often you can make the ability active. We have reduced its effectiveness of how often it heals as well as how often it heals at each tier of the ability. T1 was healing for 4% every 1.5 seconds, T2 was 4% every 1 second, and then at T3 4% every .7 seconds. We have changed this down to T1 3% every 2 seconds, T2 3% every 1.5 seconds, and T3 3% every 1 second. This may seem like a drastic reduction, but with the sheer damage buff alone being one of the largest in the game for Conduit we feel comfortable that this is a step in the right direction.
  • **[Updated] We have increased the detect range on all detect units to match the line of sight for that unit. This covers the engineer, corrupted engineer, elite ranger, chopper, ghost, reaver, nightingale, sniper, jackrabbit, and wolverine. This will help in many respects but have the most significant impact on locating mines, locating units that are cloaked, and helping reveal a cloaked base.
  • **[Updated] Banished Turrets have received a 10% buff to all turret types. As well, a 100% damage radius for the AA upgrade has been added.
  • **[Updated] UNSC Turrets have all been touched on. Anti-vehicle Turrets have received a 10% damage buff. Anti-infantry turrets have received a 5.5% dps reduction. Fixed a bug where the damage was not doing 100% within the splash radius. Siege Turrets reduction of damage by 3%.
  • **[Updated] Cleansing Beam: Reduced power cost of 50 at each level and increase of 50 supplies up to T1 350/150, T2 450/250, and T3 550. Increased speed of T1 +1, T2 +2, and T3 +3 from 17 at each level to 18/19/20. As well added a splash radius to this leader power. Previously it was 100% damage for the entire ability, but now there are 3 rings on the ability - 125% damage in the center, 100 on a 2nd ring, and then a drastic falloff to 75% outside of the middle of the beam.
  • **[Updated] Reduced the cost of Omega Team and Field Promotion. Omega team is now 1800/1800 and Field Promotion is now 800/800.
  • **[Updated] Combat Spoils effectiveness has been reduced by 15% at each tier 1 and 28% at tier 2.
  • **[Updated] Ranked 1vs1 Crossplay will be introduced so PC and Xbox players can go against each other to test who has the better micro.
  • **[Updated] Kinsano Flame hogs Grenadier upgrade has had its modifiers reduced against all vehicles.
  • **[Updated] Mac Blast's damage rings have been adjusted to put on emphasis on central damage with a slightly increased falloff damage and a more potent central damage. As well, the base DPS of the ability has been reduced at each tier. As well cost has increased up to 350/250,450/350, and 550/450.
  • **[Updated] Elite Rangers DPS has increased by 5%.
  • **[Updated] Pavium: Lich Damage Buff of 40%, Duration decrease of 25%, Spawner HP buff of 15%. Pavium's Stand duration has been reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds. Pavium hero Y ability slow reduced from 40%/50% down to 10%/20% slows as the ring is also quite damaging while in this for quite some time.
  • **[Updated] Wraith: 5% HP Buff, 5% shield buff, and 12% damage buff to main cannon attack.
  • **[Updated] Scorpion DPS increase of main cannon attack of 12%.
  • **[Updated] Elite Enforcers Grenade they throw has a high damage against scout vehicles early game that is hurting this interaction. To remedy this we adjusted post attack cooldown of the grenade throw to reduce the frequency that they are thrown.
  • **[Updated] YapYap, I'm tired of your mess! Increase in cooldowns by 30 seconds on Methane Party, Grunt dome, and Shade Turret.
  • **[Updated] Spartan slam damage reduction by adding an additional falloff ring for more rapid damage reduction as well as a stun reduction of 1 second.
  • **[Updated] Mastodon speed increase of 8%.
  • **[Updated] Reaver and Wolverine DPS increase for non air targeting guns. The grenade the wolverine shoots has been increased by 30%. The Reavers gun damage has been increased by 31%. As well, the reavers damage it deals when landing on units has been increased by 24%.
  • **[Updated] Anders Ark Defense: Both DPS and health of the sentinels have been increased by 10% on tier 1 and 2 and 15% on tier 3.
Terminus Firefight Related Changes
  • **[Updated] Shrouds will now cloak the Terminus.
Deathmatch/Strongholds/Domination Continued
  • [Updated] Vulture: AA missiles damage increase of 10% and Main Cannon damage increase of 5%.
  • [Updated] Blisterback flying mode plasma cannon damage increase of 5%.
  • [Updated] Colossus speed increase of +1
  • [Updated] Sniper/Ranger damage increase vs. Infantry type hero units of 7.5%.
  • [Updated] Hunter Assault Beam now allows Hunters to walk and shoot.
  • [Updated] Mantis Tech 2 upgrade cost reduction from 600 to 400 and shield buff of 10%.
  • [Updated] Hell bringer vs. building damage increase of 5%.
  • [Updated] Frostraven Y ability cooldown reduction from 90 seconds to 60.
  • [Updated] Voridus Hero Unit HP buff of 5%.
  • [Updated] WarthogRam damage type (Ram for Chopper, Ghost, Stomp on Scarab, and Warthogs) modifier vs. T2 Core vehicles reduction of 28%.
  • [Updated] Kinsano hell drop cooldown increase of 20 seconds.
  • [Updated] Kinsano Hero Veterancy requirement reduction for each tier.
  • [Updated] Forge Grizzly Battalion cost reduction from 3000/450 to 2750/450.
  • [Updated] Johnson's Y Healing ability places a small Beacon object that currently has 1,000 HP, or 1/10th of the HP pool when compared to a Goliath which has 10,000 HP. The beacon he places and is destructible, that is what we are increasing the health of (NOT HEAL RATE) by 343% (from 1000 HP up to 3430).
  • [Updated] The Terminus can now be cloaked by shrouds.
  • [Updated] Combat tech marines rocket dmg reduced by 7% (55 to 51) while base marines dps increased by 5% (21 to 22).
  • [Updated] Grunts are receiving a same subtle dps bump at base as well as for pack brother and squad reserves. Grunts within the grunt squad are receiving a 8% dps increase (13 to 14), pack brother brutes are seeing an increase of 12% (30 to 34), the initial elite in Shipmaster/Arbiter are receiving a 8.5% dps buff (22 to 24) and the elite added from squad reserves is receiving a 10.5% buff (34 up to 38).
  • [Updated] Retriever Sentinel casting cost and population impact are both in sync at 30.
  • Crossplay support expansion (currently targeting expanding crossplay at minimum to Ranked 1v1).
  • [Updated] Atriox Fortifications buff to where the at T1 expansion bases now cost 400/150 and picking up T2 reduces expansion bases to 300/125. All other fortification cost reductions was increased by 3% at Tier 1 and 6% at tier 2.
  • [Updated] JPB Stun changed to slow - fix to stop stun lock of Atriox Countermeasures Jump Pack Brutes. Slow is currently set to 85%.
  • [Updated] Core infantry buff vs. air (math).
  • [Updated] Banshee Fuel Rod damage vs. building reduction of 9% damage vs. buildings. This change was very targeted to the banshee as the modifier the specifically to the banshee fuel rod vs. building was higher than intended and has been corrected.
  • **[Updated] Mines will no longer be allowed to be dropped directly on top of units while they are stationary. The drop location cursor will move offset of a unit to the nearest possible location it can drop and allow you to still place it near enemies, but just not on top of them.
  • [Updated] Bulwark cooldown reduction of 20 seconds and an a heal rate increase from 30%/40%/50% up to 35%/45%/55% at each tier of the ability.
  • [Updated] Arbiter/Pavium hero reflect damage reduced by 10% on each leader
  • [Updated] Core Air vs. AA reduced by 5.5% and Banshee Fuel Rod damage reduced by 17%. Banshees were over performing vs. AA and this interaction has been fixed by this modifier. The overall damage of banshees vs. AA is not reducing 17% - just the gun Fuel Rod Cannon vs. AA.
  • [Updated] Jerome's Spartan Laser upgrade received a 10% vs. vehicles, 15% increase vs. non-vehicles, and then post attack cooldown decrease of 15%.
  • [Updated] Scout Changes: Jackrabbit increase in damage vs. lightarmored units (Brute Grenadier, BruteRider, SuicideGrunt, CryoFlamers, and Flamers) increase of 10.5%, and damage vs. LightRush units (Jump Pack Brutes and Elite Enforcers) of 15%. Skitterers, Ghosts, and Choppers as well received a damage vs. lightarmored units of 6% and damage vs. LightRush units of 10%.
Blitz Related Changes
  • **[Updated] Banshee has reduced in cost from 60 to 50 and Hornet has reduced from 70 to 60.
  • **[Updated] Atriox Chosen, Warlord, and Pavium reduced in casting cost by 10 each. Chosen is 200, Warlord is 170, and Pavium is 205.
  • **[Updated] Voridus and Serina mines have increased in cost from 40 to 50.
  • [Updated] Super Units duration increased from 40 seconds to 60 seconds
I'm a fan of everything BUT the UNSC AV turret buffs. Those things are strong enough already
Everything about this makes me happy.
What about a change to Shroud cost? 400 is really steep for them.
Crossplay for all playlists!!

Looks good though. Feel like a lot of people are against this but im still for a slight dps drop from sues.
I'm liking what I see so far! This last patch was better than I expected, so seeing the other proposals from last month return is good news.
  • Always happy to see Johnson buffs! Glad to hear you guys found a solution to the mech speed animation issue :). If slow/stun to the Bunker Drop can be added, I'd say slow at T1, stun at T2.
  • But I thought Pavium was "The Unbreakable" ;). Glad to see less emphasis on the Vampire meta with him and Arby.
  • A little bit concerned about nerfing anti-infantry turret damage while simultaneously buffing flamethrower building damage. I'd say if the turret damage gets nerfed, leave the flamethrower damage the same, that way scouts won't need anything more than the targeting fixes.
  • As for AV turrets, siege turret is usually the go-to for anti-ground, so having it be a better option could be welcome.
AYF 001 wrote:
I'm liking what I see so far! This last patch was better than I expected,
This is not the last patch :)
Postums wrote:
AYF 001 wrote:
I appreciate you.
Will we be getting a buff to the cooldown on the Frostraven missile? It's currently a 90 second cooldown.....whereas the Vulture missile is a 45 second cooldown and significantly more powerful. Id like to see the Frostraven missile cooldown between 30 -45 seconds.
Postums wrote:
AYF 001 wrote:
Oh, what I meant by that was that I was worried that the most recent patch would be imbalanced if it was split into 2 parts! But I'm glad to hear that rumors of this game's demise have been greatly exaggerated lol.
Please for the love of god nerf spartan shields. Banished can't kill them without a bevy of leader powers.
I agree with all of the proposed changes except the Anti Infantry turret nerf.

It does it’s job well for costing 300 power PER turret.
1200 Power for 4!!!
Jeff Kills wrote:
Please for the love of god nerf spartan shields. Banished can't kill them without a bevy of leader powers.
I will add to the list the interaction between anti infantry and heroes. It is something that has been discussed, but was lost when adding to the list.
I can understand the reduced radius or perhaps longer telegraph for Isabel MAC blast but pls no reduced damage (though if you introduce both at the same time it might be too much of a nerf). If it's a leader power it's supposed to do something significant, I don't want to go back to when it was utter useless
Great list! I highly appreciate the careful approach to balance changes to avoid overbuffing/nerfing.

Some questions/concerns I have:

1. Good to see that CT marines get a nerf, but is it possible to give grunts some love? They're pretty underwhelming after the early game, even with their second upgrade, which makes it very difficult for Banished to go heavy infantry (apart from Arbiter and Yapyap).

2. Are there any plans to investigate the ranking system? It's currently very grindy because of low CSR gains per win and extremely high punishments for losing to smurfs/disconnecting.
If crossplay is being added then please remove non crossplay playlists so as to not make it impossible to find a match with the player base split in a few years time. Also, please add 2v2 crossplay. Also a winstreak multiplyer in ranked meaning that if you win 5 games in a row you get a minimum of say 3 CSR for you next games etc. up till a cap would help mitigate the CSR problems everyone is talking about right now, plus give players something to aim for.
Edit: Finally, cyclops are too fragile to leader powers and their upgrade seems a little lacklustre, while tanks (not grizzlies) could do with a very minor buff vs infantry balls, or a cost/pop reduction.
I’m loving what I see so far! But could you add a 1v1 unranked playlist to help people warm up?
marmy080 wrote:
If crossplay is being added then please remove non crossplay playlists so as to not make it impossible to find a match with the player base split in a few years time. Also, please add 2v2 crossplay. Also a winstreak multiplyer in ranked meaning that if you win 5 games in a row you get a minimum of say 3 CSR for you next games etc. up till a cap would help mitigate the CSR problems everyone is talking about right now, plus give players something to aim for.
Edit: Finally, cyclops are too fragile to leader powers and their upgrade seems a little lacklustre, while tanks (not grizzlies) could do with a very minor buff vs infantry balls, or a cost/pop reduction.
Currently full crossplay is not possible, but that is what they're working towards
I like all of the changes . I would love to see a bigger buff on the Vulture (like health and armor wise , while nerfing the y ability) but everything else seems good to me.
I just hope flamehogs and Pavium won't be nerfed to hard.
For Johnson , I hoped his leaderpoints could somehow be changed, like giving his mechs a increased line of sight. Or giving Colossus a little stronger A.A attack.
But the changes you made will definitely help him.

One question Postums weren't there thoughts about buffing Johnson (the hero) with his healing beacon ?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19