6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 19
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Postums wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Could we get enforcers for shipmaster?
As much as I would love for the shipmaster to have a complete sangheili army like the Arbiter, I think enforcers would be too tircky with him. Enforcers are really far, far more effective then locusts at wiping bases. With Let you can use his teleport, extraction, and gateway to just hop around the map and never engage the enemy army. While this is a typical strategy with something fragile like locusts there's two major differences.

Locusts come out later in the game, wheres enforcers you can use right off the start if you want. The second would be that locusts are horribly slow and said before, fragile. If they get caught by an enemy army, they are almost certainly doomed. If an army of enforcers gets caught however, you can micro-manage them to just stun the ground units and run off.

Or just outright extract them, heal, then head right back out to attack. It pretty much almost boils down to cheap price and speed vs slowness and range. I would hope, while obviously a very bleak hope, that perhaps the shipmaster could have something sangheili and just as good to replace those jetpack brute at some point.
Well they are getting a nerf and scouts are getting much better (jackrabits *cough*) as well as flame units so they are not gonna be the super unit they once were and are now. That why I see it as a good time for them to come out on the shipmaster side. Beside if it Cove v Cove suicided grunts are very strong at handling it.
As I said, would personally love to have the enforcers replace the brutes. Just feels like if it happened, the points I made would become a sad reality. Plus you would have more people likely creating snipers and rangers to counter, thus decreasing cloak abilities. Perhaps though I am being to much of a pessimist. -shrug-
This is too much of a nerf to Conduit. I do not think reverting to the pre-September 7th numbers is a good idea.

September 7th patch
Quote:
Conduit of Rage:
  • Heal per tick 3% -> 4%
  • Tick rate 2/1.5/1 -> 1.5/1/0.7
It really hurts his early game. Now he is extremely weaker on his 2nd and 3rd leader points. I really feel like the tick rate should of been changed to 1.6/1.2/.9 and increase the cooldown on some of his powers by 10-15 seconds. The main issue was level 2/3 heal being over 40%/57% and the massive up time on conduit once he got his 5th leader point. Plus his leader power that reduces CD (ArbiterCDReduction1/2/3) will still be skipped until last. Taking the increased CD approach would make this leader power worth getting sooner.
So... the 1v1 crossplay will be a seperated option like 3v3 crossplay right? Which means we will still suffer to find different players :( It's boring to play against same players always. I hope in the future you don't split players and make all crossplay without an extra option.
RIP Decimus Born at launch and will die with this latest update. Lol joke btw, I'm just not a fan of the Decimus nerf apart from that great job on everything else this patch looks sweet .Thanks for all you guys hard work and dedication. Much appreciated.
Can we get a timeline for this patch?

Thanks.
Pretty Excited about all these changes. I am curious if your changes to leader powers will affect their cards in Blitz.
Postums wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
These look pretty good thus far, looking forward to testing shipmaster's mines once the uopdate goes live. Surprised to learn though that enforcer gernades actually do damage to units, thought they only stunned them for a few moments.
It took some time to figure out what was causing them to really hurt scouts. They still will have quite a bit of lethality in the engagement, but less so.
please nooo
yes he needs them. Give him something to help him in troop strength.
By no means does he "need" them. Banished Raid 1 gives his infantry a good boost compared to other Banished, additionally his infantry aren't any weaker than other Banished.
Postums wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
These look pretty good thus far, looking forward to testing shipmaster's mines once the uopdate goes live. Surprised to learn though that enforcer gernades actually do damage to units, thought they only stunned them for a few moments.
It took some time to figure out what was causing them to really hurt scouts. They still will have quite a bit of lethality in the engagement, but less so.
please nooo
By no means does he "need" them. Banished Raid 1 gives his infantry a good boost compared to other Banished, additionally his infantry aren't any weaker than other Banished.
He also has a great deal of control and one of the strongest drops in game. Plus, a vet 3 HG is better than any other hero which beat everything except air. With the buff to Grunts and debuff on Marines, I can easily imagin Shippy taking top 5 after patch.
Postums wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
please nooo
He also has a great deal of control and one of the strongest drops in game. Plus, a vet 3 HG is better than any other hero which beat everything except air. With the buff to Grunts and debuff on Marines, I can easily imagin Shippy taking top 5 after patch.
As far as I know a vet 3 Spartan and the arbiter can easily overwhelm him , when they have detection. (Spartan only with ground smash)
I like the patch notes alot, but I don't think that the dmg output of the ranger are the problem, what doesn' t mean it shouldn't be kept. I think they need some more survivability. A shield or a small range increase would do pretty good.
Keep up the good work. 343 now more resembles Bungie to their halo 1 - 3 times when they really cared for the fan before they made the deal with the devil (activision).
You guys talk with the community and look what the player wants. Even when I was personally very dissatisfied with halo 5 (no coop and the worst campaign ever, as well as some lootbox system that gives you advantage in game ) and the halo wars 2 season pass matter, I have to say you are doing very well.
With halo wars 2 you gave me back my love for the halo games and lore and if you guys ever make a halo wars 3 I will buy it immediately.

Thank you
Postums wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
please nooo
As far as I know a vet 3 Spartan and the arbiter can easily overwhelm him , when they have detection. (Spartan only with ground smash)
I like the patch notes alot, but I don't think that the dmg output of the ranger are the problem, what doesn' t mean it shouldn't be kept. I think they need some more survivability. A shield or a small range increase would do pretty good.
Keep up the good work. 343 now more resembles Bungie to their halo 1 - 3 times when they really cared for the fan before they made the deal with the devil (activision).
You guys talk with the community and look what the player wants. Even when I was personally very dissatisfied with halo 5 (no coop and the worst campaign ever, as well as some lootbox system that gives you advantage in game ) and the halo wars 2 season pass matter, I have to say you are doing very well.
With halo wars 2 you gave me back my love for the halo games and lore and if you guys ever make a halo wars 3 I will buy it immediately.

Thank you
Honor Gaurd is awsome because not only does he get vet very fast, he has the best harrasment hero. Sure if you focus fire him, he is dead but keep him out of the fight unless he is required. He wrecks a tank with like 2-3 swings a vet 3 and can constantly cap nodes easily or destroy mini. Early-Mid game spartans are obviously better, especially when used with Lotus but his hero can really ruin your day.
Well looks like cloaking is gonna be useless now.
Since you're going to increase their detect range to match their line of sight so does that mean.
  • upgrading support drone for the jackrabbits
  • Jerome's recon training on wolverines, snipers, jackrabbits and nightingales
  • use vehicle symbiotes on reavers and choppers
  • Shipmaster's banished raid II on reavers and ghosts
Those 4 things increases those units line of sight so if you do one of those in a middle of a match will their detect range increase even more?
So looks like Shipmaster will be useless now since he is all about cloaking and his Honor Guard will be useless as well.
I always thought the range was fine and didn't feel like it needed to be increase.
So yeah I don't like this change one bit. It would been okay for me if it was increase like 5-10%.
So what does everyone think? Do you see cloaking being useless now?
No, this would be to match the base line of sight range and is a hardcoded value. Upgrading the line of sight for units does not impact the detect range.
If it is too much, we can always dial it back for the future. But this does change the interaction of units hiding under a cloaked shielded base a bit.
EiTeNeR wrote:
This is too much of a nerf to Conduit. I do not think reverting to the pre-September 7th numbers is a good idea.

September 7th patch
Quote:
Conduit of Rage:
  • Heal per tick 3% -> 4%
  • Tick rate 2/1.5/1 -> 1.5/1/0.7
It really hurts his early game. Now he is extremely weaker on his 2nd and 3rd leader points. I really feel like the tick rate should of been changed to 1.6/1.2/.9 and increase the cooldown on some of his powers by 10-15 seconds. The main issue was level 2/3 heal being over 40%/57% and the massive up time on conduit once he got his 5th leader point. Plus his leader power that reduces CD (ArbiterCDReduction1/2/3) will still be skipped until last. Taking the increased CD approach would make this leader power worth getting sooner.
I disagree that this will be too much simply because of the offensive benefits you get from COR. The Conduit of rage proc that you get from his passive leader power is quite a bit higher in terms of raw damage buff compared to pretty much every single one of them elsewhere in the game. As well, for every leader power you cast - it increases the duration of the passives duration.

On tier 1 - you get a 30% damage buff
On Tier 2 - you get a 45% damage buff
On Tier 3 - you get a 60% damage buff.

Having the high heal rate in terms of ticks makes units that should get countered and killed too hard to kill in most situations because of oppressive damage and fast healing. This is a similar issue that has been seen on Decimus with having only a 3% heal on units such as his banshees or even marauders (which would go toe to toe with air this entire last month). Granted he as well has an active siphon he throws on top of them at times - but regardless, I do believe changing these back down is something that needs to be done.

We see your concerns as he was seen as not an amazing leader before (I still disagree with the notion that he was originally bad), but like I said - if he becomes bottom barrel, a middle ground or slightly higher heal rate on the power can possibly make the most balanced approach on his core passive. We don't think he will, but we have been wrong before and know that people will tell us that we are wrong when we are. But if he becomes really bad we will re-evaluate his conduit of rage and make the necessary middle ground adjustments as needed.
This wasn't even needed.
Quote:
[Updated] Mines will no longer be allowed to be dropped directly on top of units. The drop location cursor will move offset of a unit to the nearest possible location it can drop and allow you to still place it near enemies, but just not on top of them.
This wasn't even needed.
Quote:
[Updated] Mines will no longer be allowed to be dropped directly on top of units. The drop location cursor will move offset of a unit to the nearest possible location it can drop and allow you to still place it near enemies, but just not on top of them.
It was needed, trust me.
What the ETA for the patch?
Nothing said till now, but In my experience I would speculate the end of the month.
Nothing said till now, but In my experience I would speculate the end of the month.
What no way. The febuarary patch took place towards the middle of month.
Hey Everyone,

I can't give an exact date at this time for this one. There are a lot of changes in here that we are putting some heavy testing around as they are high risk changes to what we did behind the scenes. I know the wait can be painful (I play games too so I hear you), but I would much rather spend the extra time getting things done right and fully tested instead of delivering something that has the potential to cause more problems than fix.

As we get further through testing on these and get closer to having all of it wrapped up in a bow we will be able to give a solid ETA of when it will be released.

Cheers,
Postums
I've made a post on the forums specifically regarding my issues with artillery based units. Is there any info we could get on what changes to siege turrets/ kodiaks may look like if there are any at all?
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I can't give an exact date at this time for this one. There are a lot of changes in here that we are putting some heavy testing around as they are high risk changes to what we did behind the scenes. I know the wait can be painful (I play games too so I hear you), but I would much rather spend the extra time getting things done right and fully tested instead of delivering something that has the potential to cause more problems than fix.

As we get further through testing on these and get closer to having all of it wrapped up in a bow we will be able to give a solid ETA of when it will be released.

Cheers,
Postums
Thank you, I believe we can all live with that answer.

Kind regs
This wasn't even needed.
Quote:
No it definitely is. I can show you why sometime if you like. There is ways to abuse it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 19