2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 19
I've made a post on the forums specifically regarding my issues with artillery based units. Is there any info we could get on what changes to siege turrets/ kodiaks may look like if there are any at all?
I honestly think it should stay but if you would demonstrate I might agree. The banished are doing great and they have shrouds if needed. Nightingales for unsc
lJGl Fox wrote:
I've made a post on the forums specifically regarding my issues with artillery based units. Is there any info we could get on what changes to siege turrets/ kodiaks may look like if there are any at all?
I honestly think it should stay but if you would demonstrate I might agree. The banished are doing great and they have shrouds if needed. Nightingales for unsc
You cant smoke every Kodiak or seige turret on the map and Shrouds are destroyed by Marines and AA. Hunters deal with Kodiaks well but only when caught off guard. Artillery still hurts them before they get close enough to fire. If you play on certain maps, you cant even use AV because the terrain allows AV to fired on forever before they can get close. I think AV needs to take less damage from Seige and Kodis.
lJGl Fox wrote:
You cant smoke every Kodiak or seige turret on the map and Shrouds are destroyed by Marines and AA. Hunters deal with Kodiaks well but only when caught off guard. Artillery still hurts them before they get close enough to fire. If you play on certain maps, you cant even use AV because the terrain allows AV to fired on forever before they can get close. I think AV needs to take less damage from Seige and Kodis.
well my opinion still stands and if you would like to change my mind I'll happily play you
lJGl Fox wrote:
This wasn't even needed.
Quote:
[Updated] Mines will no longer be allowed to be dropped directly on top of units that are stationary. The drop location cursor will move offset of a unit to the nearest possible location it can drop and allow you to still place it near enemies, but just not on top of them.
No it definitely is. I can show you why sometime if you like. There is ways to abuse it
Fixed. The quote was on the initial change, but a follow-up change made it so you can't just drop it on stationary armies like a nuke. AKA - stun lock + mine.
lJGl Fox wrote:
lJGl Fox wrote:
well my opinion still stands and if you would like to change my mind I'll happily play you
Sorry. I'm a Banished at heart. Plus, I hate turtles.
Can you make it so the terminus can be covered by shields in place of turrets
fred125000 wrote:
I WOULD LOVE THAT
fred125000 wrote:
I WOULD LOVE THAT
Could you also make the terminus able to have cloaking towers.
fred125000 wrote:
I WOULD LOVE THAT
Not something we can do easily and is not currently planned right now to make such a change. But I do remember people wanting that during the design of the game mode as well as mentions of it after the mode initially launched. That sort of change would be very time intensive to do and the balance surrounding it is somewhat problematic. A similar function would have to be there as well for UNSC to make them still playable. I believe that's why the heal was used instead of having one side get shields and the other nothing of that nature. Maybe something we can look into for the future, but that be some heavy lifting. I will add these onto the TF wants list.
fred125000 wrote:
I WOULD LOVE THAT
no. Almost nothing can see cloak so Banished would reign supreme over Direct Air wave, hardest wave in game made easy.
Postums wrote:
fred125000 wrote:
Not something we can do easily and is not currently planned right now to make such a change. But I do remember people wanting that during the design of the game mode as well as mentions of it after the mode initially launched. That sort of change would be very time intensive to do and the balance surrounding it is somewhat problematic. A similar function would have to be there as well for UNSC to make them still playable. I believe that's why the heal was used instead of having one side get shields and the other nothing of that nature. Maybe something we can look into for the future, but that be some heavy lifting. I will add these onto the TF wants list.
Would it be possible to customize the waves so you can fight only one faction in custom games?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What about some more non ranked playlist like multi teams or Ctf some more non competitive stuff would be nice
Patch is looking good excited to see how it’ll play out in the live game.
I think cloak should actually get a buff as it isn’t really good or isn’t going to be in the patch
I think cloak should actually get a buff as it isn’t really good or isn’t going to be in the patch
If it completely is negated because of this - we will investigate what needs to be done to make it fair and balanced.
Are changes to Shipmaster's Banished Raid happening this patch or is that coming further down the road? I remember you mentioned improving the bonuses, as cutting it down to only 2 points you said was unfeasible at this stage.
Postums wrote:
If it completely is negated because of this - we will investigate what needs to be done to make it fair and balanced.
From my experience, Cloaking was already in a bad spot, as pretty every army had detection and the range already felt substantial.

The issue I have with Cloaking is Cloaking Generators. I may be wrong, but it seems that detection units detect form the centre of the cloaked unit, so actually detecting a base becomes irritating because my detection units have to almost ontop of the base. Factor in a shield and a bunch of counter units under said shield, and Banished bases become incredibly difficult to break.

Essentially, Cloaking is already meh in combat and this buff to detection will worsen that. However, this buff should make breaking Banished bases a whisker easier. Double edge sword, if you will.
This wasn't even needed.
Quote:
[Updated] Mines will no longer be allowed to be dropped directly on top of units. The drop location cursor will move offset of a unit to the nearest possible location it can drop and allow you to still place it near enemies, but just not on top of them.
It was needed, trust me.
Nope, I have plenty of games where the enemy would use mines against my marines/grunts. 85% of the time I have been able to dodge them. Mines are your weapon against a forge/johnson pelican flamer rush.
Postums wrote:
From my experience, Cloaking was already in a bad spot, as pretty every army had detection and the range already felt substantial.

The issue I have with Cloaking is Cloaking Generators. I may be wrong, but it seems that detection units detect form the centre of the cloaked unit, so actually detecting a base becomes irritating because my detection units have to almost ontop of the base. Factor in a shield and a bunch of counter units under said shield, and Banished bases become incredibly difficult to break.

Essentially, Cloaking is already meh in combat and this buff to detection will worsen that. However, this buff should make breaking Banished bases a whisker easier. Double edge sword, if you will.
This may mean that the interaction is fixed with bases, but units with cloak may have to get adjusted a bit more for the future to increase benefits elsewhere on them. Or possibly tweaking how units interact with other cloaked units. There's a ton of options that could be had. Just have to come up with them, build them, and make it happen when we have a better understanding of how the changes impact the game as a whole.

There is a huge difference between what looks good on paper and how people use it in game. As a gamer I know that is definitely the case. It's not as simple as "this will fix everything." We will see how it goes and if it's horrible - then we can change it. If it or something breaks the game in terms of balance - we can look into a mid-season follow up patch to fix something.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 19