Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Pavium is Useless in Terminus Firefight now

OP Sgt Palooggoo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
When you think about it, only few Leaders are viable: Johnson, Anders, Serina and Decimus with Yapyap and Voridus being decent.
(Still clueless on how TJ sixtyfour got Solo 1st Place as Colony)
I've never tried Colony on TFF, but I figure he would do pretty well with his Combat Repair, and Living Barriers could be quite useful!
jalam wrote:
When you think about it, only few Leaders are viable: Johnson, Anders, Serina and Decimus with Yapyap and Voridus being decent.
I've never tried Colony on TFF, but I figure he would do pretty well with his Combat Repair, and Living Barriers could be quite useful!
I think he has luck with having no direct OP Air
Yap is decent? So Canon Fodder at wave 5 will beat a Scarab?
If solo, you might as well restart or make good use of Hustle.
Hustle is the WORST T1 upgrade. I would rather rusg Grunt Mines.
Heavy Grunts beat the Scarab i think, Cannon Fodder are useless in TF
Also I find Decimus mass Blisterbacks to be better than mass Banshees.
Flying around or locked tight?
Heavy Grunts beat the Scarab i think, Cannon Fodder are useless in TF
Also I find Decimus mass Blisterbacks to be better than mass Banshees.
Flying around or locked tight?
Both.
Artilery on Ground and Flight on Air.
They can pick veterancy too!
YellowMallard73 & Sgt Palooggoo, what I find interesting about Competitive players is how they scorn anyone who speaks of balancing who has played Terminus Firefight or Verses AI before, & how they right off their opinions as worthless and unenlightened.
The Competitive players usually show zero tact in there disputing of casual players opinions too, treating them as lesser individuals.
Which is against Forum rules if I recall correctly.
I'm sorry that you feel this way. As part of that competitive community you seem to be at odds with, my friends and I have always tried our hardest to put objectivity and helpfulness at the forefront of our arguments. THEWALL766 in particular has put a lot of effort of disapproving false myths found on Waypoint, and even more than that, has always pledged to help anyone that still didn't understand our argument, such as "air is not op." Our hope that we could improve the community as a whole through better understanding is squandered when lower level players instead choose to ignore our objective and thoroughly tested arguments and keep on with ignorant myths.

As far as balancing for casuals vs competitive players, let's take a look at the most successful RTS of all time: StarCraft. That is a game that is solely balanced at the highest levels of play. Not bronze, not gold, not Platinum, but rather the very, very best of players. And despite this, or rather, because of this, no matchups in any tier is ever unbalanced. As a gold level player in StarCraft 2, I have never played an unbalanced game or come across a strategy that was simply unbeatable. I only ever encountered strategies that I currently didn't know how to counter, but those counters did exist and I could easily look them up online and learn them for myself. Rather than complain that something was too hard for me to counter as a gold player, I would strive to learn the counters that players better than myself had already mastered and shared with the community.

This same approach should be taken with ANY game, Halo Wars 2 included. So if you ever have any questions about fighting a particular strategy, or perhaps improving your build orders in response to certain threats that you encounter, please do not hesitate to send a personal message to me, THEWALL766, or BreezyStarfish1 for assistance. I hope that together we can improve the community for us all.
Everybody's got secrets
Everybody's got secrets
Let me guess, Symbioted locusts? With a funnel and maybe a few Reavers.
Also some luck
But your accomplishment is still great TJ sixtyfour.
I declared once that Banished couldn't win legendary Terminus Firefight... I guess I was wrong, perhaps one day you'll survive all 100
Everybody's got secrets
Also some luck
I declared once that Banished couldn't win legendary Terminus Firefight... I guess I was wrong, perhaps one day you'll survive all 100
Aw crap you figure out my secret strategy yes I used nothing but locusts...JK
I will say a few things how I got 208M points
1st: the units I used are The Hunter captain, 14 Reavers, 5 Blisterbacks, 4 Shrouds, 6 Wraiths and 1 Banshee
2nd: Vehicle symbiotes is very helpful
3rd: living barrier is a lot more useful than it seems
4th: extremely lucky and got extremely unlucky at 99 Direat Air killed me could have gotten around 214M points
I tried using the same strategy with Pavium and it didn't work so well
Also I have beaten TFF on legendary with Colony
pavium has burnout 3 what do you mean everything is too expensive.
burnout wasn't even nerfed.
I don't play terminous but I can tell you pavium does not have money troubles.
Everybody's got secrets
Also some luck
1st: the units I used are The Hunter captain, 14 Reavers, 5 Blisterbacks, 4 Shrouds, 6 Wraiths and 1 Banshee
4th: extremely lucky and got extremely unlucky at 99 Direat Air killed me could have gotten around 214M points
Also I have beaten TFF on legendary with ColonyI
I figured Vehicle Symbiotes played a huge role in your win. It gives Reavers such a great LoS and can be used on Walls. My question is how did you deal with mass vultures? And also did you funnel all the enemies to one side or?
The reason I know about that Locust strategy is because I used to do it, never won with it though.
The Living Barrier, Vehicle Symbiotes and Combat Repair are all great assets of Colony.

So you've survived 100 Waves with Colony before, wow.
I didn't think it was possible, and I'm pretty experienced with TFF.
Anyways, Congratulations soldier, good job!
Everybody's got secrets
Also some luck
Why do you have a Single Banshee? Is it for base taking in case your mines blow up?
I don't wanna sound like a sales man here but don't forget to check out my Territory Names.
I don't wanna sound like a sales man here but don't forget to check out my Territory Names.
For only 19.99$!
For only 19.99$!
Call now and get The Crystal Sands Territory Name for free.
(Just pay separate fee)
I'm sorry but I think it is highly unlikely for them to make a leader play differently depending on what game mode he is in. And that is assuming it is even possible to implement that, which I kinda doubt.
To be fair, in campaign all of the units are the way they were at launch so its definitely possible.
I'm sorry but I think it is highly unlikely for them to make a leader play differently depending on what game mode he is in. And that is assuming it is even possible to implement that, which I kinda doubt.
To be fair, in campaign all of the units are the way they were at launch so its definitely possible.
Really? Campaign units aren't affected by balance updates? I was planning on going into the last mission of ATN and getting a vet 3 retriever to mop the flood with... are my hope and dreams dashed?

MeJordan and Postums, is this true?
Really? Campaign units aren't affected by balance updates? I was planning on going into the last mission of ATN and getting a vet 3 retriever to mop the flood with... are my hope and dreams dashed?

Yes, Multiplayer Balance changes do not make their way into Campaign.

As for having Leaders play separately for Terminus Firefight specifically, currently there would be no support for that, as unit stats are broken into general MP and Campaign only.
MeJordan wrote:

Yes, Multiplayer Balance changes do not make their way into Campaign.

As for having Leaders play separately for Terminus Firefight specifically, currently there would be no support for that, as unit stats are broken into general MP and Campaign only.
That was quick.

RIP the dream.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3