Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

People please remember......BETA is the keyword

OP Sol Diablo

Ok i have noticed that since the announcement of the Halo Wars 2 beta there has been a lot of hate and people saying "They broke the game more" "The graphics are still the same" etc. PEOPLE please realize that this IS A BETA, and the game still has (6+) months till it officially releases. You are all acting like it is due out next month, so please calm down and look at the game calm and collected and give 343 decent feedback, not a bunch of hate.

Sol Diablo
Thank you for this. Brought a tear to my eye.
Finally someone said this. I bet half of them expect this to be the full game.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. People say this during every single beta, and the game always comes out just like the beta. They aren't going to change the graphics. They aren't going to change most of the game play. Look at any other beta, Halo 5 included, and it was that way. If the game isn't good now it's very improbable that it will be when it releases. The purpose of a beta is to find glitches, test the servers, etc., not for people to offer advice on how they think the game should be made.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. People say this during every single beta, and the game always comes out just like the beta. They aren't going to change the graphics. They aren't going to change most of the gameplay. Look at any other beta, Halo 5 included, and it was that way. If the game isn;t good now it's very improbable that it will be when it releases.
Halo Reach beta was no lovely thing in its day, why not give it a chance. This beta is really ahead of time (as in multiple months before release).
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. People say this during every single beta, and the game always comes out just like the beta. They aren't going to change the graphics. They aren't going to change most of the gameplay. Look at any other beta, Halo 5 included, and it was that way. If the game isn;t good now it's very improbable that it will be when it releases.
Halo Reach beta was no lovely thing in its day, why not give it a chance. This beta is really ahead of time (as in multiple months before release).
Seriously
I'm actually enjoying it.
I'm actually enjoying it.
Quick run and hide! Someone might take you out back and shoot you for saying such nonsense on a forum.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. People say this during every single beta, and the game always comes out just like the beta. They aren't going to change the graphics. They aren't going to change most of the game play. Look at any other beta, Halo 5 included, and it was that way. If the game isn't good now it's very improbable that it will be when it releases. The purpose of a beta is to find glitches, test the servers, etc., not for people to offer advice on how they think the game should be made.

So true. Betas are pretty much game demos now. The fact that this is borderline unplayable does not bode well for future of the game.
I thought there was a rather significant difference (for the better) between Halo 5 and the beta...
I remember reading forum posts like this during the Destiny beta.
Ive participated in a few beta's on PC and 2 on Console in my years of gaming 15+ and they all change. Ive never played Halo 4 or 5 beta, but played Reach, and the finished product was way better then the beta...
Six months and the game can hardly make it past the title screen and when it does, it usually freezes after finding a match. If it doesn't freeze, another player's game freezes and I'm at a disadvantage pr the other team is and they quit.

This is a pitiful Beta. I played many Betas that ran much better than this with the same distance from launch, maybe more. There is mo excuse when plenty of other companies can do a better job. Remember the Halo 5 Beta? Atleast it ran much better. Destiny Beta? Way better but I forgot how long the Deatiny Beta was before launch.
Every time I see someone throw the term Beta around i'm going to repost this:
You clearly don't know what a Beta is. It's the developmental stage right before launch. It's where performance issues and bugs are tested. Right now the core gameplay feels really boring and control feels clunky. All of that should sorted out BEFORE a beta stage. Destiny's beta ran from July 17-28 and release was just one month after that on September 9. WoW's Legion beta has been running for about a month now and will continue probably until a month before release when they have the pre-patch to the next expansion ready which is dated for August 30. This beta is taking place EIGHT MONTHS before release.
See your the type of person I am talking about, you don't even give the game a chance and most games that have a Beta 6+ months in advance tend to change a lot.
Helios68 wrote:
Every time I see someone throw the term Beta around i'm going to repost this:
You clearly don't know what a Beta is. It's the developmental stage right before launch. It's where performance issues and bugs are tested. Right now the core gameplay feels really boring and control feels clunky. All of that should sorted out BEFORE a beta stage. Destiny's beta ran from July 17-28 and release was just one month after that on September 9. WoW's Legion beta has been running for about a month now and will continue probably until a month before release when they have the pre-patch to the next expansion ready which is dated for August 30. This beta is taking place EIGHT MONTHS before release.
Oh yeah that Destiny game was "soo good" at launch, if they would have had that beta sooner maybe they would have had a better game, also abated that is released a month before the game's official release is not a beta it's a marketing ploy
one, halo 5s was basically a stupid marketing beta where it didnt matter if there was one or not and two, the purpose of betas is to yes find bugs and glitches but to also get feedback from the community and ive been telling people right along that this is a beta not a full game
Jack0O7 wrote:
So true. Betas are pretty much game demos now. The fact that this is borderline unplayable does not bode well for future of the game.
I think you are too used to the marketing ploy of betas that come out of month before release