Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Performance Decrease since Nov. 2020 Patch

OP Juxtapose13

Hello all,

For _Halo Wars 2_, has anyone else been having performance decreases since the Nov. 2020 patch?

I've only been playing the "Awakening the Nightmare" Campaign since the patch, but I've noticed:

- On Xbox One X, the expansion content, both the Campaign and Firefight, are not immediately available on signing in to the game. It takes a good 30-ish seconds to unlock and register now.
- On Xbox One X and PC, I'm noticing brief frame drops when an in-game communication pops up that isn't a cutscene.

I don't recall either of these happening pre-patch.
No, I have not noticed anything like that. I played the main campaign and Awakening The Nightmare just fine.
No, I have not noticed anything like that. I played the main campaign and Awakening The Nightmare just fine.
Excellent, good to know. This was since the patch this past week?

I finished "Awakening the Nightmare" and started toying with Missions in the main Campaign, and the frame issues seem to have vanished.

When I fired the game up today as well, this is on my Xbox One X, the "Awakening the Nightmare" content unlocked very quickly, right when the ad in the lower right of the main menu finished loading. That's much faster than the previous few days.
Excellent, good to know. This was since the patch this past week?
I honestly do not know. I owned HW2 for about 2 years, it was gifted to me, but I really did not get into it until recently. So I do not really know what all the patches were about.
These glitches were common for me on the Xbox One, but have been for years. It often loads the AtN content a few minutes after game launch for some reason.
HobbinGuy wrote:
These glitches were common for me on the Xbox One, but have been for years. It often loads the AtN content a few minutes after game launch for some reason.
Yeah, that's absolutely what's happening for me now. Never noticed this pre-patch though.
Hello all,

For _Halo Wars 2_, has anyone else been having performance decreases since the Nov. 2020 patch?

I've only been playing the "Awakening the Nightmare" Campaign since the patch, but I've noticed:

- On Xbox One X, the expansion content, both the Campaign and Firefight, are not immediately available on signing in to the game. It takes a good 30-ish seconds to unlock and register now.
- On Xbox One X and PC, I'm noticing brief frame drops when an in-game communication pops up that isn't a cutscene.

I've had lower performance since like August or July, including Frame Drops, random De-Syncs, and random Disconnects
Hello all,

I've had lower performance since like August or July, including Frame Drops, random De-Syncs, and random Disconnects
I bought the game in late August, so I'm pretty new to it. For Multi, I've only done private games thus far.
Hello all,

For me the first glitches that started with very few disconnects were after awaking the nightmare then it was pretty much the same till august patch or patch before, since then it was all disconnects lagging freezing and more :/