Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Playable Flood Idea

OP SwishierKinta

I know there was already kind of a post about the idea of playable flood. And I know a lot of people said its not possible because of the balance required and the overwhelming nature of the flood but. Humor me for a second.

Imagine starting the game as a pod or whatever in some far reaching corner of the map, slowly accumulating bio-mass (as a primary resource) and gaining units by sending infection forms and such to take over the units of other players? Of course yoy can produce some flood-specific units such as carriers. And in addition the longer your HQ exists flood corruption slowly spreads across the map, on which your units gain bonuses making them stronger and faster. So essentially all the floods power comes from merely existing on the map longer. I think it provides an interesting and unique challenge while keeping the Flood faction somewhat true to lore.
Also this is my first time on the forums again in years so forgive me if 'fiction' isnt the right section, I didn't know what to put it under.
you are talking about halo wars 2 right
Also this is my first time on the forums again in years so forgive me if 'fiction' isnt the right section, I didn't know what to put it under.
Its the most Beatiful idea i hope for this
This would indeed be a dream come true. Sure it requires a lot of work but impossible? No.
I thought about it too. I feel when ideas are good they deserved an effort to realize. I would definitely give it a shot if I was the developer... Imagine that that "pod" could become a Gravemind at the end of the match in you almost consume the whole map. The flood is harder and harder to attack if you let it consume more biomass.