OP nuchey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
We knew it was only a matter of time before it came to mind. Ever since the first Halo Wars came out I always played the Flood maps and fought the Flood We should be able to play as the Infectious Plague and it would complete the Balance between the two Factions. If you don't want to be the Bannished or the U.N.S.C you may pick the Nightmareish enemy that they both deeply fear. It would bring in more people. I'm sure it would in my opinion and I'm sure alot of people agree with me that if you add a Flood Faction, Players online and numbers will go up and more players would come and 343 it would boost your money and I wish for it to go into Halo Infinite if it would help. maybe some people don't agree and thats fine but I'm looking for Flood action. Adding in a DLC Flood Faction maybe another Flood or Snow map would truly bring it all together. I've noticed there isn't a snowy map around. Or maybe Some active weather like snow and rain then again the camera angle would be odd. I always had a small idea about Forge mode in Halo Wars 2 it would be interesting to make your own map and play on it but this is about the Flood for now. Thank you for your time Humans, Spartans and fellow Sangheili etc.

This post has been hidden.

To me theres no question about it. Playable flood was a Day 1 request and pops up in the forums almost weekly. Halo fans have been asking for this since halo wars 1 and I strongly believe 343 should greenlight it all the way. Put flood in the game and make it a top priority. Awakening the nightmare probably put so many fans off due to the state of balance back then, if only they could see how far the game has come since then, they would be hooked. Playable flood is a good way to make that happen. This game needs something crazy and new to shake things up.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Ever since 2015 I have argued against "playable flood" simply because of the balance nightmare it would create. It would be fine in a separate playlist, but in ranked games I have to go with #UnplayableFlood
I don't know...

I'd love to have playable Flood. But I'd like them to be fully worked out, balanced and with different leaders. I think making them playable in a just for fun playlist will become boring quickly

But that's just me

EDIT: If it's coming down to the question whether we get a casual flood faction or nothing at all than I would definitely throw money to the screen for the flood faction.
#PlayableFlood
its freakin about time lol!
Ever since 2015 I have argued against "playable flood" simply because of the balance nightmare it would create. It would be fine in a separate playlist, but in ranked games I have to go with #UnplayableFlood
I think we can all agree it would have to be it’s own separate mode from ranked matchmaking. Postums said a 3v1 game mode would be pretty sweet; here’s to hoping
Spoiler:
Show
As someone who is just getting into game design myself, I realize how hard this would,be, so if you don't want to sink that much time I understand. BUT, I would REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY enjoy playable flood
Even if it's a limited time mode like the yappaning I wouldn't care
#playableflood xmas is 23 weeks away but i want the present now😄
"What is it? More brutes?"
"Worse..."
#Playableflood
Spoiler:
Show
#PlayableFlood
I am a fan from the first halo wars and since then and wished that it could be controlled that faction is something very difficult to add a new way with leaders, powers but it would really be something inclinable besides that I think it would attract many fans old as new the ideal would be an expansion as was the awakening of the nightmare but from the point of view of the surviving floods of them fighting with humans and vanished it would be something incredible to see missions as it infects everyone in the base takes control installation things like that and also continue the story where he stayed at the end would be something incredible and queestaria more than willing to pay for it and if you can of course floods multiplayer would be even better so that the comment taking advantage of that many people share similar opinions to me and seeing the power of their console and the ease of updates I think it would leave them enough money
Spoiler:
Show
nuchey wrote:
Please watch this video before doubting this idea could happenA member of the Halo Wars 2 Community known as Blackandfan has created a Playable Flood Mod on HW2 PC! When I asked Postums if this Mod could ever make it to the retail game he basically said it was possible but only if it got enough support. We have an opportunity to promote this idea by letting 343 know that we want a playable flood faction in HW2! 343 listens to us, if we are respectfully adamant about something they will devote resources into making it a reality.

Obviously this would be very hard to balance for Ranked Matchmaking purposes; that's why this mode would be separate from Ranked matchmaking, similar to the future version of The Yappening it could be it's own game mode.

I have talked to many members of the community and I know Playable Flood is something we have wanted for a long time; the only way to accomplish this is by making our voices heard (respectfully).

With that being said, please comment below your support for Playable Flood coming to HW2 and let us discuss the possible game modes that could come out of this new Flood Faction!

#PlayableFlood
What I have said is that I would love to help make this happen, but it's most definitely not a guarantee that it will. The more people mod the game, the more people learn how to change things and the easier it is for us to help support the community in the future.

The future of Halo Wars is going to be molded and driven by actions the community does as core development completed with ATN last year. If Mods are created and that's the route the community goes, we can help support them to some degree.

This doesn't mean that a million votes will make this happen, but I can say we are looking to help support the modding community as much as we can.

Cheers,
Postums
I think the next Halo Wars should have 3 factions thus making it perfect. Sadly it seems too late for this one as 343 has abandoned us. What we really need is a couple of maps, save the flood faction for the next game. Should we have got it this game? YES, but never mind....
Postums wrote:
nuchey wrote:
What I have said is that I would love to help make this happen, but it's most definitely not a guarantee that it will. The more people mod the game, the more people learn how to change things and the easier it is for us to help support the community in the future.

The future of Halo Wars is going to be molded and driven by actions the community does as core development completed with ATN last year. If Mods are created and that's the route the community goes, we can help support them to some degree.

This doesn't mean that a million votes will make this happen, but I can say we are looking to help support the modding community as much as we can.

Cheers,
Postums
Is it safe to mod skirmish for myself then?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6