3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Postums wrote:
nuchey wrote:
What I have said is that I would love to help make this happen, but it's most definitely not a guarantee that it will. The more people mod the game, the more people learn how to change things and the easier it is for us to help support the community in the future.

The future of Halo Wars is going to be molded and driven by actions the community does as core development completed with ATN last year. If Mods are created and that's the route the community goes, we can help support them to some degree.

This doesn't mean that a million votes will make this happen, but I can say we are looking to help support the modding community as much as we can.

Cheers,
Postums
Is it safe to mod skirmish for myself then?
You can just as long as it doesn't affect matchmaking with other players.
Sadly it seems too late for this one as 343 has abandoned us.
Abandoned is hardly a word I'd use for developers activity balancing a game. Just because they aren't doing what you (the collective you) request doesn't mean they've abandoned the game.
This mod is cool but I feel like it should be more focused on infecting enemy units.

Maybe make all units free, and create units that can infect and seize enemy units. LPs could include a permanent “ghost in the machine” blast, the superunits from firefight/ATN, and buffs to melee damage or infection speed. Bases are just one solitary units with very high health, regeneration, and those tentacle turrets.

It’d fit well into an unbalanced, 3v1 design.
wildoo wrote:
This mod is cool but I feel like it should be more focused on infecting enemy units.

Maybe make all units free, and create units that can infect and seize enemy units. LPs could include a permanent “ghost in the machine” blast, the superunits from firefight/ATN, and buffs to melee damage or infection speed. Bases are just one solitary units with very high health, regeneration, and those tentacle turrets.

It’d fit well into an unbalanced, 3v1 design.
I dont understand, the flood has units that can infect units
I'm not one to typically post in the forums, but #PlayableFlood is a unique opportunity to incorporate the community's hard work and fans' long-standing wishes for greater Flood interaction, especially in Halo Wars - the most unique iteration of a Halo title. Whereas main Halo FPS titles have fun, custom gametypes such as Infection to allow a limited interpretation of the Flood in a PvP setting, Halo Wars 2 in particular possesses this special property where all of the bad--Yoink- units and many cool characters from the broader Halo franchise battle together or against one another in a truly one-of-a-kind experience. Adding a playable Flood function, specifically in a private or custom game environment, would not only sustain the current activity of this game, but also build a strong foundation for growth in this game as well as the franchise as a whole. As a boy, I remember trembling at the frantic movement and grotesque appearance of various Flood forms in Halo 1 and 2. To be able to control and master the Flood in this game would quite honestly be one of my most treasured moments in the entirety of my time spent playing games.

So, 343, here's my plea: let's make the Flood playable in an unranked, private setting, and let's make some dreams come true. #PlayableFlood
If you're going to reply here, please at least attempt to engage in the discussion. Don't spam #PlayableFlood please
Postums wrote:
nuchey wrote:
What I have said is that I would love to help make this happen, but it's most definitely not a guarantee that it will. The more people mod the game, the more people learn how to change things and the easier it is for us to help support the community in the future.

The future of Halo Wars is going to be molded and driven by actions the community does as core development completed with ATN last year. If Mods are created and that's the route the community goes, we can help support them to some degree.

This doesn't mean that a million votes will make this happen, but I can say we are looking to help support the modding community as much as we can.

Cheers,
Postums
Is it safe to mod skirmish for myself then?
You can most definitely.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
#PlayableFlood #metoo

This does make me wonder if custom maps would be an option as well...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
I totally agree with adding Playable Flood in any way shape or form into Halo Wars 2 I think it would be a good idea since it would be something new other then things being patched or fixed in the game I feel like everyone in the Halo/Halo Wars 2 community would love this idea and if 343 decides to go through this they mine as well add 1 more new leader and that new leader should be the return of the Prophet from halo wars 1 that would be so cool I mean they brought back the arbiter and already have brute leaders that already exist in halo wars 2 that could resemble the brute leader in halo wars 1 so why the heck not they brought back literally every leader from halo wars 1 but the Prophet.Also just wanna say to everyone even though I don’t work for 343 or promote any of the halo games I love everyone that shows love and support for the halo/halo wars 2 including everyone at 343 as well.other then that thanks for taking some time to read this and will see you guys around the halo/halo wars 2 community and much more
#PlayableFlood expanding amongst sides to choose from is always an awesome thing! I believe the flood were meant to be playable in the first halo wars but were cut due to time constraints! This would be an awesome feature to have, please 343!
I have an idea of how a flood gamemode would work. We have 1 op player who plays as the flood(gravemind leader image and vocals) vs 3 normal players who can play any leader from our current selection of 16 leaders. The flood player has to eliminate the non flood players before they can gather enough resources to activate a forruner defense system(which ends the game in survivor victory). If a unsc or banished player is eliminated, they become flood players.
I have an idea of how a flood gamemode would work. We have 1 op player who plays as the flood(gravemind leader image and vocals) vs 3 normal players who can play any leader from our current selection of 16 leaders. The flood player has to eliminate the non flood players before they can gather enough resources to activate a forruner defense system(which ends the game in survivor victory). If a unsc or banished player is eliminated, they become flood players.
An infection gamemode basically. I like that.
An infection gamemode basically. I like that.
I think that this game type sounds amazing. I also have always wanted playable flood in multiplayer since halo wars 1! I think that it would be amazing if you could have infected units from both bankshed as well as unsc combined with unique units.
Jokes aside, I remember when HW1 came out being surprised that there was no flood.

They really are a perfect race for an RTS game -- a shame there was a 2nd Halo Wars and they still didn't become playable.
#Playable flood

I have been waiting nine years to have playable flood in Halo wars, so I am certainly in support of any chance to get it done.
This is definitely a must! If a single person can roll out a functioning and beautiful modification, than so can they. 343i, please listen to your community! We have the ideas that you would gain so much of a reputation and, hell, even money! Just look at Halo SPV3 ( Technically Halo: CE CE SPV3 ), Halo Elderwrito, Installation 01, and all the other wonderous projects by the community. Please let this be a reality. End...
I think playable Flood in HW2 is an awesome idea, no matter how it's implemented into the game.
The Infection-style gamemode or the 3v1 mentioned previously would be a really cool twist on the Infection modes of previous games, and would add more variety to HW2.
Or you could include the Flood leader as an option in Private Matches and/or a specific playlist in Matchmaking (preferably not a limited-time thing though).
343 should definitely either work on this idea themselves or provide support/tools to help the modding community.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6