OP nuchey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
I'd say yes to the idea. I normally keep silent on these things, but given the smaller community, especially on the PC side of things, I figured I give my vote this time around. Though I do hope it can be played solo and offline as a part of Skirmish.

#PlayableFlood

(First time I've done a hashtag. Hopefully will be the last time)
  • I would destroy the banished as The Flood.
  • why cant we have playable flood
I'd love for the Flood to be playable in Halo Wars 2, it would be friggin' great! And if it should come true then I'd like to propose a "choose your colour" setting to be added for Skirmish(and custom games, perhaps?). These things enabled for Halo Wars 2 would really make my day!

Thanks for reading.

Edit: Oh, and #PlayableFlood
Please please please playable flood would be amazing!!!!!
After watching the video I would vote yes to having the flood added to the game and would pay for it. This along with more maps would definitely keep people actively playing more often, draw more to the game, give it diversity and would bring in more money for 343. I vote for it.
#playableflood
Gotta keep the dream alive,
Is there any way to see what each modded unit does? I'm really curious what sort of attributes the flood have in this concept mod.
I would love the Flood in Halo Wars 2 it would be a leader pack or not even if it was a mode #PlayableFlood!
And what happened with that Artwork showing Decimus converted into Flood?

Anyone knows if the flood can convert dead bodies into flood infected? I guess they can, playing some halo for you can see some marines in the ground dead and the flood spores taking control and converting them.
BlinxESP wrote:

Anyone knows if the flood can convert dead bodies into flood infected? I guess they can, playing some halo for you can see some marines in the ground dead and the flood spores taking control and converting them.
They can, and you can see that in Halo 3.

I don't remember an artwork of a Flood-infected Decimus. Any link?
BlinxESP wrote:
Anyone knows if the flood can convert dead bodies into flood infected?
That's kind of their thing lol
#PlayableFlood, because who doesn’t like fighting space zombies?

And #PlayableForerunners, too. Just to get that nice throwback feel.

Eh... I guess Forerunners didn’t like fighting space zombies. They were sore losers who flipped over the game board at the end.
BlinxESP wrote:

He who asks shall receive.
BlinxESP wrote:

He who asks shall receive.
Oh... awesome.
I'd only want this if it was a genuine third faction. This is what the game needs to turn it from a great game to one of the greatest. The flood faction would have to be well designed not like in the video where it is just UNSC building with flood on. It needs to be a complete third faction designed from the ground up and have all unique buildings similar to how the zerg work. This would add a whole new gameplay dynamic. A lot of the unit design work is already there from the campaign so that's something they can build on. They just need the flood unique bases and some more units to act as the "vehicles". If the DLC were to be paid for to make this happen then that would be fine. I'd rather pay to have this than just a silly game mode that is free. Couple this with one or two flood themed maps and we would have the game we really should have got anyway. An RTS needs 3 factions IMO.
I'd only want this if it was a genuine third faction. This is what the game needs to turn it from a great game to one of the greatest. The flood faction would have to be well designed not like in the video where it is just UNSC building with flood on. It needs to be a complete third faction designed from the ground up and have all unique buildings similar to how the zerg work. This would add a whole new gameplay dynamic. A lot of the unit design work is already there from the campaign so that's something they can build on. They just need the flood unique bases and some more units to act as the "vehicles". If the DLC were to be paid for to make this happen then that would be fine. I'd rather pay to have this than just a silly game mode that is free. Couple this with one or two flood themed maps and we would have the game we really should have got anyway. An RTS needs 3 factions IMO.
I agree with you completely. Great post. Hopefully it will happen one day soon.
nuchey wrote:
Please watch this video before doubting this idea could happen

A member of the Halo Wars 2 Community known as Blackandfan has created a Playable Flood Mod on HW2 PC! When I asked Postums if this Mod could ever make it to the retail game he basically said it was possible but only if it got enough support. We have an opportunity to promote this idea by letting 343 know that we want a playable flood faction in HW2! 343 listens to us, if we are respectfully adamant about something they will devote resources into making it a reality.

Obviously this would be very hard to balance for Ranked Matchmaking purposes; that's why this mode would be separate from Ranked matchmaking, similar to the future version of The Yappening it could be it's own game mode.

I have talked to many members of the community and I know Playable Flood is something we have wanted for a long time; the only way to accomplish this is by making our voices heard (respectfully).

With that being said, please comment below your support for Playable Flood coming to HW2 and let us discuss the possible game modes that could come out of this new Flood Faction!

#PlayableFlood
#PlayableFlood
i would love to play as the flood, i wanted this ever since hw1. Would be amazing and awesome. Perhaps they could have a special unit who can take control of an infrantry or air unit like how spartans can hijack. If it was balanced enough for casual play thatd be a dream as well! Would buy 10/10.
#PlayableFlood

A flood leader would be ideal, but a specific game mode or something along those lines would work too. I just want to play as the Flood. People aren’t going to stop asking until it happens. People say the flood is impossible to add, but the word impossible literally says I’m possible.
nuchey wrote:

A member of the Halo Wars 2 Community known as Blackandfan has created a Playable Flood Mod on HW2 PC! When I asked Postums if this Mod could ever make it to the retail game he basically said it was possible but only if it got enough support. We have an opportunity to promote this idea by letting 343 know that we want a playable flood faction in HW2! 343 listens to us, if we are respectfully adamant about something they will devote resources into making it a reality.

Obviously this would be very hard to balance for Ranked Matchmaking purposes; that's why this mode would be separate from Ranked matchmaking, similar to the future version of The Yappening it could be it's own game mode.

I have talked to many members of the community and I know Playable Flood is something we have wanted for a long time; the only way to accomplish this is by making our voices heard (respectfully).

With that being said, please comment below your support for Playable Flood coming to HW2 and let us discuss the possible game modes that could come out of this new Flood Faction!

#PlayableFlood
#PlayableFlood
i would love to play as the flood, i wanted this ever since hw1. Would be amazing and awesome. Perhaps they could have a special unit who can take control of an infrantry or air unit like how spartans can hijack. If it was balanced enough for casual play thatd be a dream as well! Would buy 10/10.
I have said it before but will say it again. I’m ALL for adding the flood. I would pay to have it.
#playableflood
nuchey wrote:

#PlayableFlood
#PlayableFlood
I have said it before but will say it again. I’m ALL for adding the flood. I would pay to have it.
#playableflood
ALL IN. Sorry
This would be awesome if it made it into the game even if the flood is only available in custom games or as its own game mode
#playableflood
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6