Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Player Colours

OP rG Paradox

Anyone else find the current player colouring annoying? It is only noticeable in 2v2s or 3v3s, but one team (red) have three clear distinguishable colours: Red, Yellow, and Orange. The blue team, however, has Dark Blue, Light Blue and Turquoise (Green?). This makes calling out more difficult (e.g. blue is going air, or blue is at the ping spot etc) as each call has to specify light or dark blue which is not only more to say but easily confused in the heat of the battle as just blue.

I would propose the following:
Red team
1 - Red
2 - Yellow
3 - Orange

Blue team
1 - Blue (current dark blue)
2 - Green
3 - Purple

I get that maybe the Banished wanted to get away from the bright purples and crimsons of the Covenant but I don't think that clarity should be sacrificed for that.
Better yet, just let players choose their colors...
...CAMOS!
I think this would be a bad idea. The colour is meant to quickly provide feedback as to whether the unit is: friendly/enemy and then who it belongs to within whatever team. Letting people choose whatever colour they like would lead to losing that clarity - and then we'd end up in a worse position than we are now!
On another note, these colourings really need to translate better to the hero powers (I know they do exist currently, but the effect is a little too subtle for me). Particularly those ones with targeting crosshairs which are currently white - biggest culprit being inferno.