Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Plea To 343 -From Yoda

OP blade9321

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
We all know Yoda is banned but I have been given permission to post a link to his latest video that talks about the game and balance for it. I agree with a lot of it and if what he says is true about the game not receiving more patches after February then im also a little scared and sad. Not sure where he got that information but he has not been wrong yet so I guess we will have to see. Once again I do not own this video or anything in it. Take the video as you will. If you agree or disagree lets talk about the message below.

Link
Let's keep the discussion civil here, please.
Let's keep the discussion civil here, please.
Any comment on if patches will continue after february?
Ruzylo wrote:
Let's keep the discussion civil here, please.
Any comment on if patches will continue after february?
Sorry, I wouldn't know.
I have to agree with yoda 100%. The problem with air was never air, it was the ability of a max pop unscouted air attack. Kodiaks are broken, and previously as serina i was able to lockdown a middle node and lose maybe 30 pop to a 120 pop ground/air combo. I really enjoy this game but as yoda said it juet needs tweaking. I support yoda for being honest, i hope a dev sees this video and thread.
Agree with Yoda too, he´s the player that cares the most for this game and knows what he´s talking about. All of the issues he adresses are correct, since i have been following the HW2 community with streams and tourneys, i had experienced the problems. I hope the devs can do a really really good final effort to fix the game, so it can have a much longer life.
I agree as well, the game is currently not in a spot to be played for the next years until hw3 comes out. If the game stays as it is population will die within the next 12 months and another RTS is hitting xbox soon (Ancestors legacy). I hope they fix it with a few more patches if they dont get everything in the next patch. Game is potentially so much fun :) #343TalkToYoda
There is so much true in the video. in particular i think we should all agree air effectiveness against vehicles should be improved, either debuffing AA, buffing air damage to veh or both, or else this will be the kodiak wars meta, whose damage to other units is OK btw and no need to be nerfed
Posted my post before seing this post...but agree to agree here.
blade9321 wrote:
We all know Yoda is banned but I have been given permission to post a link to his latest video that talks about the game and balance for it. I agree with a lot of it and if what he says is true about the game not receiving more patches after February then im also a little scared and sad. Not sure where he got that information but he has not been wrong yet so I guess we will have to see. Once again I do not own this video or anything in it. Take the video as you will. If you agree or disagree lets talk about the message below.

Link
Very VERY nice video. I agree with everything, I did not know Kodiaks were going meta but I did forsee this as the biggest issue for the Banished before the patch hit. The state of the game has been believed at some points to have moderate balance but the game was never balanced at any point, just issues were never known to the community until different times. I love this game and played it the day it came out and try to support this game. I hope this game becomes one of the best games but I don't see that happening.
#343talkToYoda
So I just watched Yodas video, I have never seen anyone so full of themselves in my life, like wow. however, that being said. He has a lot of great points. I agree with about 90% of what he says. If they made AA cost 3 pop instead of 4 and reduced airs damage to buildings, and increased it to tanks (except anti-air as he stated) It would help the late game a lot. I think if they did that they could cut the buff to anti-air by 50% at least. (the buff mind you) I fully agree air should rip apart tanks like they are paper, just like tanks rip apart infantry. the ratio of pop/ cost should be similar. the cyclops getting another 10% ish hp would help them out a lot as well. I disagree should be scary etc, I think they should be anti inf like they were supposed to be I think they deal way to much damage to vehicles, especially with the Anders sents. I agree with everything else about unit changes etc.
Wolverines >> Hornets > Warthogs
Wolverines > Vultures > Scorpions

Pretty straightforward. As for artillery, Shrouds and Nightingales can lessen their impact, and lowering artillery's health a bit wouldn't be that bad.

Perhaps raising Warthogs back to 4 pop and Marauders to 5 would help with T2 spam. Either that, or add a certain amount of inaccuracy to them while firing on the move, so that they can't snipe everything while running away.
no never mind yours was right, I should have gone to bed hours ago disregard this post.
AYF 001 wrote:
Wolverines >> Hornets > Warthogs
Wolverines > Vultures > Scorpions

Pretty straightforward. As for artillery, Shrouds and Nightingales can lessen their impact, and lowering artillery's health a bit wouldn't be that bad.

Perhaps raising Warthogs back to 4 pop and Marauders to 5 would help with T2 spam. Either that, or add a certain amount of inaccuracy to them while firing on the move, so that they can't snipe everything while running away.
I think you got you symbol backwards there, Pacman eats the bigger one. the ">" should be the other way which would make it a "<"
Nah, he's good.

He's saying;

Wolves much greater than Hornets, which are greater than Warthogs.

Then,

Wolves greater than Vultures, which are greater than Scorpions.
evils wrote:
AYF 001 wrote:
Wolverines >> Hornets > Warthogs
Wolverines > Vultures > Scorpions

Pretty straightforward. As for artillery, Shrouds and Nightingales can lessen their impact, and lowering artillery's health a bit wouldn't be that bad.

Perhaps raising Warthogs back to 4 pop and Marauders to 5 would help with T2 spam. Either that, or add a certain amount of inaccuracy to them while firing on the move, so that they can't snipe everything while running away.
I think you got you symbol backwards there, Pacman eats the bigger one. the ">" should be the other way which would make it a "<"
Nah, he's good.

He's saying;

Wolves much greater than Hornets, which are greater than Warthogs.

Then,

Wolves greater than Vultures, which are greater than Scorpions.
yeah noticed that I corrected myself lol but thanks. bedtime was 2 hours ago for me. I just made a fool of myself nothing left to do but own up to it *whistles nonchalantly *
AYF 001 wrote:
Wolverines >> Hornets > Warthogs
Wolverines > Vultures > Scorpions

Pretty straightforward. As for artillery, Shrouds and Nightingales can lessen their impact, and lowering artillery's health a bit wouldn't be that bad.

Perhaps raising Warthogs back to 4 pop and Marauders to 5 would help with T2 spam. Either that, or add a certain amount of inaccuracy to them while firing on the move, so that they can't snipe everything while running away.
I think you got you symbol backwards there, Pacman eats the bigger one. the ">" should be the other way which would make it a "<"
> is "greater than", < is "less than". The inequality would still be the same if I wrote it

Warthogs < Hornets << Wolverines

But anyways, if there was any chance of there being a dev/community meeting, I'd be glad to help out with number crunching and balancing concepts.
AYF 001 wrote:
AYF 001 wrote:
Wolverines >> Hornets > Warthogs
Wolverines > Vultures > Scorpions

Pretty straightforward. As for artillery, Shrouds and Nightingales can lessen their impact, and lowering artillery's health a bit wouldn't be that bad.

Perhaps raising Warthogs back to 4 pop and Marauders to 5 would help with T2 spam. Either that, or add a certain amount of inaccuracy to them while firing on the move, so that they can't snipe everything while running away.
I think you got you symbol backwards there, Pacman eats the bigger one. the ">" should be the other way which would make it a "<"
> is "greater than", < is "less than". The inequality would still be the same if I wrote it

Warthogs < Hornets << Wolverines

But anyways, if there was any chance of there being a dev/community meeting, I'd be glad to help out with number crunching and balancing concepts.
yup, I just messed up is all. you were 100% right. my apologies
Nothing Yoda said hasn't been mentioned in Naka's thread already.
All im going to say is that everything Yoda says has already been touch on by OmegaTeam and is already layed out here
BALANCE PRIORITIES V2.0
And there was Also a Talk show Hosted by Naka himself over here👇
BALANCE TALK SHOW VIDEOS
The talk show includes some passive gameplay while also discussing some of the Imbalance in the game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4