Please post here when you get a code...

OP HobbinGuy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. ...
  6. 22
I ordered on the 26th and received it on the 3rd... 9 days it was.It was a long wait but it was well worth it, lovin Halo Wars DE!!!
A touch off topic but does anyone know when the pre-order for HW 2 itself will digitally down load to the XB1?

Still waiting for my DE code but I just preordered last week so I don't expect it soon.
A touch off topic but does anyone know when the pre-order for HW 2 itself will digitally down load to the XB1?

Still waiting for my DE code but I just preordered last week so I don't expect it soon.
Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition releases at midnight on February 17th and the standard Halo Wars 2 releases February 21st. Since you're waiting for your DE code I presume that you have pre-ordered a digital copy of HW2 Ultimate Edition. I honestly have no clue when we will get the full game download. Worst case scenario is that we have to wait until the 17th, in which case I would recommend staying up on that Thursday until midnight (becoming Fri 2/17) and downloading the full game overnight so you can get the game Day 1.
Ordered on January 29th. Got my code just now. That's 7 days, or 5 business days.
Ordered on January 29th. Got my code just now. That's 7 days, or 5 business days.
Amazing. Going on to my 18th day of waiting (11 buisness days and ordered on january 21) yet no code. Im skeptical whether ill recieve the game at all. considering i've waited this long I wont take back my 80 bucks but hopefully things will get resolved.
xAukai wrote:
Amazing. Going on to my 18th day of waiting (11 buisness days and ordered on january 21) yet no code. Im skeptical whether ill recieve the game at all. considering i've waited this long I wont take back my 80 bucks but hopefully things will get resolved.
Been waiting for 6 days here, was feeling pretty patient until I had 2 friends who ordered after me receive their codes before me last Friday. 18 days is rough though, have you tried contacting support? I'd really like to imagine they'd hand it over no questions asked after 8 extra days of waiting. Regardless, this whole situation is very frustrating, they even have "Preorder halo wars 2 and get Halo wars DE" plastered right on the front of the xbox store and their homepage.
xAukai wrote:
I'm sure you know this, but just in case: the code is sent in an Xbox live message. I have a friend who thought it would come through email. Some folks over at reddit have had some luck contacting support through chat. So you can consider doing that as well.
xAukai wrote:
I'm sure you know this, but just in case: the code is sent in an Xbox live message. I have a friend who thought it would come through email. Some folks over at reddit have had some luck contacting support through chat. So you can consider doing that as well.
most likely will contact support in the coming week. Just doesn't make sense why I would have to call support to recieve a copy.
I think I'll be dead by the time this code arrives.

"Hey guys hre's a great idea, let's give people who pre-order Halo Wars 2 the original to play in the run up to launch."

"Yeah great idea, also lets not actually give them the code for like a week to -Yoink- with them"

"Yeah that's....wait what"
I think I'll be dead by the time this code arrives.

"Hey guys hre's a great idea, let's give people who pre-order Halo Wars 2 the original to play in the run up to launch."

"Yeah great idea, also lets not actually give them the code for like a week to -Yoink- with them"

"Yeah that's....wait what"
Willing to play devils advocate here. But I think a very valid reason to wait with handing out codes and sending them out in waves instead is to prevent credit card fraud. If they were send out immediately, people could just sell/use the code and refund on digital purchase. Or purchase the game with stolen credit cards and sell the given code. Don't underestimate the size of the scamming and fraud industry. It's huge. I think letting people wait for a bit can be a valuable barrier to dissuade people from using such methods. Of course there could also be a technological barrier and all codes must be generated and validated by separate systems. Who knows. But I'm sure there is some reason behind it.

Although I do find it strange that the reasoning behind the decision isn't communicated. I can, however, understand why they wouldn't communicate it if any or both of the scenarios above would be the case. (A technological barrier would be a large PR blowback and you don't really want to hang out a sign saying "COMMIT FRAUD HERE!") I'm sure they have a valid reason, and it's not just to -yoink- with everyone.
I know, just annoyed. They could have just tied it to the account/purchase of Halo Wars 2 and not given out codes at all.

The whole reason I bought the Ultimat Edition was to play Halo Wars DE in the run up to 2's launch. Time for that is dwindling.
Fun but short after I finish the campaign but with friends the 2v2s get ridiculous!
So I am going to be playing this on my PC, and I have the Xbox App. Is that where my code will be sent?

I called support because I was one of the people who pre-ordered the physical version and now 9 days before release, was told that was cancelled, and now I re pre-ordered it via the Store. I called them and they explained they have no control and that they would not send me a code even though I first pre-ordered it like three weeks ago. Trying to stay positive because the game looks awesome, but man, this has been way too hard to get done.
So I am going to be playing this on my PC, and I have the Xbox App. Is that where my code will be sent?
Yes it will be sent there! I had notifications enabled on my phone and PC for this message but got the code without any notifications popping up, so you should check there periodically.
Anyway, I ordered on Feb 1st, recieved my code today at 3:30 pm EST.
From what I could gather, it appears the code drops only occur on Tuesdays and Fridays.
I got my code through the Xbox app on windows 10, so if you're waiting for it by email, it's likely you aren't going to get it, make sure you download, and keep the Xbox app up to date and linked with your Xbox account.
I exchange my code but I can´t play it :,(
I don´t know if I have to wait to February 17
I bought the ultimate edition
I exchange my code but I can´t play it :,(
I don´t know if I have to wait to February 17
I bought the ultimate edition
I pre-ordered the ultimate edition on Feb 13th and I haven't received my code yet as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. ...
  6. 22