Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Population doesn't match unit count

OP Examfees

Hi this my first post so I'm unsure if bug complaint are allowed.

In one of my matches near the late game after my army was wiped out I noticed the population count didn't drop.
What happen was that I had a population of 103 with a 3-4 marines and a spartan. Eventually it got so bad I was at max pop with one squad of marines.
What fixed it was when my base was destroyed the counter reset back to 3/120 like it was supposed to.
Nice but by then the game ended.
Anyone else experience this? Does this have anything with the new patch download?

Thanks.
You had your base locked with units inside.
Hm, I feel kind of silly now. That would make sense. I must have click lock without realizing. I almost never use that feature. Thanks for that.
Jup, I had the same problem many times when I first started playing halo :D

I accidentally clicked the base lock button and wondered why it doesn't build units. Pop cap went up but no units. I thought the game bugged out and just started using my other bases to build units. I still managed to win a couple of times, even with half of my pop-cap and army gone. Later...i accidentally clicked the lock button again and saw the units come out and ... was like, wtf just happened :D
Examfees wrote:
Hm, I feel kind of silly now. That would make sense. I must have click lock without realizing. I almost never use that feature. Thanks for that.
I've done it too :(
<3