Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Possibilities for new heroes

OP Sants0259

I love Halo Wars 2, love how the gameplay fits very well and all the heroes are fantastic, i think if they put two new heroes it can be great for the fact that it can be complete the game, for example, a prophet and an odst as hero. What are your thoughts?
I'd much rather attention be focused on other areas. New Heros are always paired with months of balance tweaks. One super OP hero can really tarnish the entire game for those few months.
I'd rather ranked matchmaking be fixed before we get into any new heroes and such
Same as the others who replied so far, and with the acknowledgement that additional leaders are probably ridiculously unlikely at this stage of the game.

But, for the sake of the topic (and HW3 in another 3-5 years maybe, 343i? come dig this out of the archive later):

Tem'Bhetek, The Prelate - basically the Spartan equivalent of a San'Shyuum (the prophets). Super fast & strong melee type leader, detailed in the Shadow of Intent. I advocated for this character as a leader in a much older topic like this and still think he'd be fantastic.

A Yanme-e (drone) - I think this would work similarly to Yap, but via the air.

Spartan Palmer or Spartan Locke, with a Spartan IV hero/drop similar to Omega team in functionality (Alpha 9 if the latter, maybe as ODSTs before a pricey Spartan upgrade?)
Tem'Bhetek, The Prelate - basically the Spartan equivalent of a San'Shyuum (the prophets). Super fast & strong melee type leader, detailed in the Shadow of Intent. I advocated for this character as a leader in a much older topic like this and still think he'd be fantastic.
I'd be behind this idea 110%
Friendly elite leader for UNSC that has an elite that acts as a spartan (ground pound, hijack, upgrades into beam rifle or something (with aoe so it's not another vanilla Jerome)) and has some alien tech and units to shake up the UNSC base faction

Promethean leader for banished that has some promethean units and powers

I've thought about this too much, so if anyone wants to hear more then just ask.
In that same Shadow of Intent story there's also a somewhat oversized BAMF grunt under Rtas who leads an elite ranger squad and regularly spars with (and bests) elites in hand to hand combat. Don't remember his name, but, makes more canonical sense for that grunt to be an eventual rts leader, I think.