Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Progress update (Resolved!): Short Term Commitment

OP FAITH12

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Today marks 1 month since the release of Halo Wars 2 and what a great and fun time has it been to return on board the spirit of fire and get reacquainted with Cutter and Co.

From the campaign, multiplayer, to Blitz the general consensus is Halo Wars 2 has largely delivered an RTS to play for years to come. With a game that will be seeing many hundreds of hours logged by tens of thousands of players over it's lifespan comes the given patches, post launch DLC, and general maintenance that players of a game with legs have come to expect. So it's super cool to know that one month in we've seen two patches and a new hero incorporated into the game thus far and while we all have our opinion over where we go from here I would simply like for some feedback from 343i regarding the two achievements that seem to be bugged.

I think this far out we should get some official word regarding these items, no ETA for a fix but to disclose what the problem is and what the plan is to fix it.

So what's the status on this 343i?

If you're reading this as a player go ahead and list the number of consecutive days you've completed daily challenges as a show of support for this request.

Thanks all.

17 days for me.

Edit 1: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloWars/comments/60un4q/broken_daily_and_weekly_achievements/df9i0m5/ Fix is coming soon, maybe this week! (per Ske7ch on Reddit) Credit to user Plastic Hassle for following this all around the web and posting this in the thread.

Edit 2: Fix for these achievements is live!
-Faith12
I feel your pain OP, and I've easily logged 18 days of consecutive daily challenges.

That said, they've had a lot on their plate. I'm happy with the patch and a new leader, so if it takes them a while to get to the achievements, that's fine. As a friend of mine says, "Achievements are a false religion."
HobbinGuy wrote:
I feel your pain OP, and I've easily logged 18 days of consecutive daily challenges.

That said, they've had a lot on their plate. I'm happy with the patch and a new leader, so if it takes them a while to get to the achievements, that's fine. As a friend of mine says, "Achievements are a false religion."
Good saying, I hope folks pick up on the very casual tone of the post.

I just wanted to inquire about it and maybe just maybe get 343i to open up about it now that some time has passed and the game has been patched with some great quality of life items for the game.
Sure. I agree it needs to be fixed at some stage. And it would be great to know if it IS fixed so I could make sure to get the achievement.
There's a possibility of a hot fix coming for those achievements, it was posted on reddit by Ske7ch
For what it's worth:

Quote:
they weren't fixed in this patch, I'm told they will be fixed on the backend "soon" (no patch) @ske7ch
Thanks Hassle, this can be considered "official word" :)
Looks like there will be a hotfix for these soon.
I REALLY hope they will be retro-awarded, like cheevos added in this week's patch (Forge one's).
Furinkaze wrote:
I REALLY hope they will be retro-awarded, like cheevos added in this week's patch (Forge one's).
^This right here :)
Glad to here it, it bothers me as they are the last 2 achievements I have to unlock.
Glad to here it, it bothers me as they are the last 2 achievements I have to unlock.
Hey Juicy, you're going to have to give me some pointers on how to get the gold medals on every mission ;)
FAITH12 wrote:
Hey Juicy, you're going to have to give me some pointers on how to get the gold medals on every mission ;)
Play on easy with all the difficulty modifying skulls on. The famine one that makes units progressively lose health works on the AI as well so it benefits you, and it doesn't affect any of the Spartans. From there just complete a couple bonus objectives along the way, make par time, and you're golden.
FAITH12 wrote:
Play on easy with all the difficulty modifying skulls on. The famine one that makes units progressively lose health works on the AI as well so it benefits you, and it doesn't affect any of the Spartans. From there just complete a couple bonus objectives along the way, make par time, and you're golden.
You sly fox, also thank you lol I am almost done with my legendary run (on "The Halo" mission). Going for the Gold medals next. Also multiplayer.
FAITH12 wrote:
Not trying to argue but you can gold missions on easy just running through them really quickly w/o skulls. I believe all the golds I have are from when I went back through for the sub objectives and skulls - still have a few to finish out. Getting gold seems almost too easy this time around.
D Rockage wrote:
FAITH12 wrote:
Not trying to argue but you can gold missions on easy just running through them really quickly w/o skulls. I believe all the golds I have are from when I went back through for the sub objectives and skulls - still have a few to finish out. Getting gold seems almost too easy this time around.
Thanks for the chime in Rockage. I will definitely try this out.
FAITH12 wrote:
D Rockage wrote:
FAITH12 wrote:
Thanks for the chime in Rockage. I will definitely try this out.
No problem mang. I think I had issues with the one three zero mission getting gold on easy just as a heads up.
I need the coop achis still if you need a multi player buddy. Just sayin. :)
FAITH12 wrote:
Play on easy, put the Nightmare skull on if you have it. This should increase your score to 1.40. If you complete bonus objectives you are bound to get gold. I did this method. I got it from trueachievements.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2