Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Queen of Ice Serina: New Units!

OP General Trex

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The ice queen is back from death with some unique new units.
Serena gets a new ice element with her units.

Frost Raven
We wanted the Hawk back... instead we got this. An air unit that shoots ice. Will it be made out of the base or replace the Hornet?
*EDIT* Upon further evaluation of the article, it appears that the Raven uses a modified EV-44 chassis, aka a Nightingale. So this is pretty interesting. If it replaced that, then the Raven would also need to heal as well, which leads me to believe that it is another pure support unit. Perhaps cryo doesn't harm enemies but slows/freezes them in place. I do not know how effective her air force will be with these in tow, because Hornets still need a buff, but that remains to be seen. Damn I'm still hung up that she did't get Hawks. :/

Tundra Bison
Looks like a mastodon with siphon? Not sure how this will work, perhaps it will heal infantry garrisoned inside? Also begs the question if this comes from the base as a leader point or from the vehicle depot.
*EDIT* I would venture that this is another leader power unit that your build out of your main base since the Raven seems to replace the Gale.

Cryo Trooper
Looks to replace Hellbringers. I am curious to see if this unit will still be anti-building and infantry, or something else.

Also Spearbreaker details are in this Cannon Fodder.
I am surprised to see there are still no details of who her Hero unit will be. Perhaps that Cryo Spartan we found concept art for a couple months ago?
What're everyone's opinions on these new units? I'm kinda bummed we're not seeing any classics return.
Mr Freeze from Batman. I hope you are joking. It's just as stupid as a Golem in halo wars or wizard that summons minions. Cryo spartan who throws snowballs of death and Y ability calls the snowman himself. BS!
Mr Freeze from Batman. I hope you are joking. It's just as stupid as a Golem in halo wars or wizard that summons minions. Cryo spartan who throws snowballs of death and Y ability calls the snowman himself. BS!
hes not kidding i just think this dlc is fricking awesome
Idk how I feel about cryo troopers.They haven't even been mentioned in any previous halo lore but somehow they're units of serina,and the hawk is still Mia apparently
I'm curious on how her units will work, and I was wandering if the Frost Raven was her hero, after all, every other leader has at best two exclusive units plus the Hero, so, unless Serina breaks the record, we should have seen the hero unit already and since the Cryo Troopers are more than likely replacing Hellbringers that leaves Bison and Raven. By the way I'm also dissapointed that no there is no classic unit returning, but it's just me or the Bison somewhat resembles to the Gremlin?
I'm excited about it.
The multiplayer here does not always fit into the lore, and they've been clear about that.
But when you're making 10+ unique heros, how do you not just use basic elements? Ice, fire, mechs, yap yap, etc.
Basically made off Kisano, except with ice units instead of fire.
Not really. There's no Icehog and that was Kinsano's only unique unit.
Good thing, cause if there was I'd probably smash my Xbox in half..

Still seems not all that creative I guess, in the aspect that we had fire already so the just did the opposite and used ice :/
NK ME wrote:
Good thing, cause if there was I'd probably smash my Xbox in half..

Still seems not all that creative I guess, in the aspect that we had fire already so the just did the opposite and used ice :/
Yes. An overdose of GoT in dev team.
This has been disappointing to me. It seems like they picked up a small concept in Halo Wars 1 and made it into an entire leader, when what people really wanted was a bit of nostalgia. These units also look like simple reskins of the mastodon, nightingale, and hellbringers instead of taking the chance to give us a couple of our favorite units again. The ice concept is cool, but it seems wasted on a leader like Serina. I trust 343 and I look forward to playing as an ice character, but I just feel like this was a missed chance to do something really cool.
They could have just made her have like guess weapons or some kind of emp effect forse to stun vehicles
I'm hoping the frost raven will be able to freeze buildings.
It'd be killer/annoying to fly into a base and freeze unit production, or halt a turret before you move in to attack.
this is great
Idk how I feel about cryo troopers.They haven't even been mentioned in any previous halo lore but somehow they're units of serina,and the hawk is still Mia apparently
Its potential concepted units based on Forerunner tech. I think this is just a fun look on what could be.
This has been disappointing to me. It seems like they picked up a small concept in Halo Wars 1 and made it into an entire leader, when what people really wanted was a bit of nostalgia. These units also look like simple reskins of the mastodon, nightingale, and hellbringers instead of taking the chance to give us a couple of our favorite units again. The ice concept is cool, but it seems wasted on a leader like Serina. I trust 343 and I look forward to playing as an ice character, but I just feel like this was a missed chance to do something really cool.
The only unit missing is the Hawk, and Serina was never a leader before. I think its great they are using the idea of Serina making plans for new designs while she waited, and in this game we get to see quite a few of them.
Not that farfetched actually. Halo Wars 1 already featured Cryo as a weapon, and if you read the lore bits they released this is an extension of Anders' cryo project.
Damn was hoping for some ODST or ONI themed commander, not too keen personally but I don't have to like every commander.
The ice queen is back from death with some unique new units.Serena gets a new ice element with her units.

Frost Raven
We wanted the Hawk back... instead we got this. An air unit that shoots ice. Will it be made out of the base or replace the Hornet?
*EDIT* Upon further evaluation of the article, it appears that the Raven uses a modified EV-44 chassis, aka a Nightingale. So this is pretty interesting. If it replaced that, then the Raven would also need to heal as well, which leads me to believe that it is another pure support unit. Perhaps cryo doesn't harm enemies but slows/freezes them in place. I do not know how effective her air force will be with these in tow, because Hornets still need a buff, but that remains to be seen. Damn I'm still hung up that she did't get Hawks. :/

Tundra Bison
Looks like a mastodon with siphon? Not sure how this will work, perhaps it will heal infantry garrisoned inside? Also begs the question if this comes from the base as a leader point or from the vehicle depot.
*EDIT* I would venture that this is another leader power unit that your build out of your main base since the Raven seems to replace the Gale.

Cryo Trooper
Looks to replace Hellbringers. I am curious to see if this unit will still be anti-building and infantry, or something else.

Also Spearbreaker details are in this Cannon Fodder.
I am surprised to see there are still no details of who her Hero unit will be. Perhaps that Cryo Spartan we found concept art for a couple months ago?
What're everyone's opinions on these new units? I'm kinda bummed we're not seeing any classics return.
the big question is what is serinas hero unit going to be? the bison might be it.
I'm hoping the frost raven will be able to freeze buildings.
It'd be killer/annoying to fly into a base and freeze unit production, or halt a turret before you move in to attack.
I got really excited when I found out Arby's stasis could pause unit production in buildings. Great way of slowing reinforcements coming from the base.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3