Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Question about base Shield Generators

OP Furious D 18

Whenever I'm attacking an enemy base and they have a shield generator, I always feel like I'm not doing any damage. The health bar over the shield generator doesn't go down. Can anyone explain how they work?
1. If the base has a shield but I target a turret or building, am I damaging the shield at all or just wasting my time?
2. Does the shield itself have a health bar somewhere that I'm not seeing?
3. What is the best strategy for countering a shield generator?
Whenever I'm attacking an enemy base and they have a shield generator, I always feel like I'm not doing any damage. The health bar over the shield generator doesn't go down. Can anyone explain how they work?
1. If the base has a shield but I target a turret or building, am I damaging the shield at all or just wasting my time?
1. I believe when you fire at any part of the base, you are doing damage to the base. I frequently target the turret, NOT the shield generator, and the shield will go down. So it's just a temporary way to stop the base from taking any damage. More worrying is if the base is shielded AND cloaked.

2. I haven't seen a health bar when I attack. Just eventually, the shield drops.

3. Attack in large numbers. And don't waste a leader power on a Banished base until after the shield is down. I've learned that one from bitter experience.
There is a bar for both the base and shield health. They can be found on the center building.
Any damage inflicted on the base damages the shield, targeting the generator while the shield is up doesn't make it go down any faster.
The best way for destroying shields is to basically ignore their bases until their units are dead. Turrets may be annoying and might take a few units from you but aren't that big of a threat.

Another good way is to make sure they don't get any second bases up with shields. Keep them from expanding and getting a good economy going. The better economy you have the better you'll scale into the late game.
There is a bar for both the base and shield health. They can be found on the center building.
Any damage inflicted on the base damages the shield, targeting the generator while the shield is up doesn't make it go down any faster.
The best way for destroying shields is to basically ignore their bases until their units are dead. Turrets may be annoying and might take a few units from you but aren't that big of a threat.

Another good way is to make sure they don't get any second bases up with shields. Keep them from expanding and getting a good economy going. The better economy you have the better you'll scale into the late game.
Do engineer shields work the same way, or do they just mitigate any outside damage completely until the shield goes down?

Do engineer shields work the same way, or do they just mitigate any outside damage completely until the shield goes down?
engineer shields provide ~40% damage resistance
1. Dealing damage to anything under the shield damages the shield.

2. The health bar for the shield is white and is shown if you highlight the Shield Generator.

3. There is no strategy to destroy a shield faster. It counts as a building, so anything that damages building would be effective.
1) if you attack anywhere on the base you will do damage if a shield gen is up

2)the health of the shield is displayed right above the shield gen if I’m not mistaken it’s white horizontal bar that goes down

3)the best strategy to take down a shield gen is to get building damage because shield gen are builds along with garrisons so

locus, DN hellbringers, scorpions, grizzlies, jump pack brutes, valtures and plenty of other units I didn’t mention by name all do good base damage
you can tell if something is good against something it will be green when you go to select a unit in the upper right hand corner