Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Rank distribution

OP tharandyman

Hey all,

I've wondered for a pretty long time how exactly the ranks/tiers mathematically distribute, but I've never seen any listing that shows this (for example demonstrating that onyx rank in 3v3 represents the top 25% of players, etc.).
Anyone have an idea on where to get such a breakdown from, or perhaps have a good ballpark estimate of what it is?
I myself typically reside between mid diamond and low onyx, but I feel like I don't truly know what that means in the grand scheme. Like, are all the tiers equally sized? Or does like gold or whatever is lowest account for 50% of the population? I know by what I'm seeing during a game and reading results afterward that I commonly match with anyone between mid platinum and low/mid champion.
If it's anything like Halo 5's distribution then "average" would be around low platinum. I don't have any information other than that (likely inaccurate) comparison.
Soo any chance anyone might know where to get it? Like where did the H5 info originate?
Any update on this @tharandyman? I am very interested in finding the Halo Wars 2 ranked player distribution.
Any update on this @tharandyman? I am very interested in finding the Halo Wars 2 ranked player distribution.
Not likely, a bit of a necropost