Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Ranked 3v3 and Fissures

OP Power Store

The new map fissures still needs to be added to the ranked 3v3 playlist! Please and thank you!
If I never have to play Fissures again, I will be a happy man.
Eh the map's okay, though feels rather bland. I still wonder why they didn't bother adding in any feral flood on the map.
I was wondering why I never get to play that map! Please patch it into the next update. It's a fun map and doesn't make any sense not to include it.
Does anyone know if they added Fissures yet to the map rotation? I haven't had a chance to play since the latest update.
Does anyone know if they added Fissures yet to the map rotation? I haven't had a chance to play since the latest update.
It's not in the rotation for a good reason, Fissures is garbage.
It's unique and different which makes players have to consider new ideas, new strategies and new threats. It's a great design and the developers deserve a hearty shout out for it!
It's unique and different which makes players have to consider new ideas, new strategies and new threats. It's a great design and the developers deserve a hearty shout out for it!
I don't want to knock the devs but the map is just completely awful. The strategies it promotes aren't fun or interesting, they are degenerate and frustrating to fight against.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Eh the map's okay, though feels rather bland. I still wonder why they didn't bother adding in any feral flood on the map.
I think all the maps are bland nothing compared HW1 like having a mega turret center map in tundra(lot more fun to fight for than just nodes, keep them, but adding stuff like a mega turret or mini base with turrets or a sentinal factory(unique sentinals) etc etc would be nice in HW2) or an yes fighting rebles or flood 4 a base or roaming the map. Even day to night change in one map I recall and the flood came out and attacked the players bases/army lol was also nice stuff, more fun than HW2 having the same lame feature nodes, nodes, nodes!(portals are ok I guess and heal towers there ok, better choke points than just the sides maybe) But to the point I like fissures 1. being its one of the few maps in the game. The 3v3x rotation im tired of now, I think just 4 or 5 maps on 3v3? so 5/6 wouldnt hurt(Id get it if they took a map off for abit gives a break to refresh ourselves with it lol). But 2. I like getting the bases with the crossable bridge, one game the game lagged and the bridge cut off so artillary and wolves lol fun stuff, turned into hour half turtle and could support my expos lol,
Ado Ulamee wrote:
I think all the maps are bland nothing compared HW1 like having a mega turret center map in tundra(lot more fun to fight for than just nodes, keep them, but adding stuff like a mega turret or mini base with turrets or a sentinal factory(unique sentinals) etc etc would be nice in HW2) or an yes fighting rebles or flood 4 a base or roaming the map. Even day to night change in one map I recall and the flood came out and attacked the players bases/army lol was also nice stuff, more fun than HW2 having the same lame feature nodes, nodes, nodes!(portals are ok I guess and heal towers there ok, better choke points than just the sides maybe) But to the point I like fissures 1. being its one of the few maps in the game. The 3v3x rotation im tired of now, I think just 4 or 5 maps on 3v3? so 5/6 wouldnt hurt(Id get it if they took a map off for abit gives a break to refresh ourselves with it lol). But 2. I like getting the bases with the crossable bridge, one game the game lagged and the bridge cut off so artillary and wolves lol fun stuff, turned into hour half turtle and could support my expos lol,
That's awesome! Haha! I feel like fissures can lead to some exciting games!