Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Really jackrabbit rush???

OP McGruder

I can’t believe I’m still seeing this but the mass jackrabbit rush which is a very cheap method is still much to buffed. If you play a skirmish test it and mass beserker or mass ghost you can counter infantry pretty evenly but you can’t destroy bases I mean it will take you 60 plus seconds. The jackrabbit is much more efficient and they only take a minimal amount on unit space so you can hover the map at the fastest pace possible and only have 40 units exposed while defending the rest of your bases with the other half!! Keep the jackrabbit as a scout and effective scout unit there is no reason that it should be as cheap as it is and as effective as it is as an offensive unit. I thought this was fixed in last update.
still love this game though.
How do you think you are supposed to counter infintry units effectively? Using more infintry, wasting more reasources? No i believe that having an offensive scout to counter flamethrowers with ghost, jackrabbits, and choppers are nessesary, and besides, if you need to counter vehicles, use the hero unit like pavium with his splash damage, hunter capt. With his ability to tank, or the glass cannon, atriox's chosen by micro managing him yealding veterinary{really effective mid game and a troublesome to deal with}, Jerome's mantis drop on the opponent's army to kill almost entirely, the Spartan jump, serina's bison lock down with a good chockpoint guard, Johnson's healing ability, the list goes on, that or you can just do what they do and mess them up, not to mention the grenade ability the marines have can easily destroy a jackrabbit. I hope i gave you a good answer. And on a side note, plz dont take away my choppers away, i need them to counter the early flamers...
McGruder wrote:
I can’t believe I’m still seeing this but the mass jackrabbit rush which is a very cheap method is still much to buffed. If you play a skirmish test it and mass beserker or mass ghost you can counter infantry pretty evenly but you can’t destroy bases I mean it will take you 60 plus seconds. The jackrabbit is much more efficient and they only take a minimal amount on unit space so you can hover the map at the fastest pace possible and only have 40 units exposed while defending the rest of your bases with the other half!! Keep the jackrabbit as a scout and effective scout unit there is no reason that it should be as cheap as it is and as effective as it is as an offensive unit. I thought this was fixed in last update.
Just rush a little quicker I find if you go at the three minute mark, you will catch the enemy right before they get their good hero upgrade scout vehicle upgrade or anti infantray turret up. I got to onyx doing that.
McGruder wrote:
What? Jackrabbits are the worse scout when compared to Ghosts and Choppers, Only leaders with early passive buffs such as Jerome (time4heroes) and Kinsano (heat of battle + redline) can really make them work But even then, they die to almost everything, their accuracy is awful and they miss 60% of their shots. Their base damage is nothing unless you get like 60/80 pop and your base has no turrets.
What are bezerkers? Is this a new unit.
What are bezerkers? Is this a new unit.
Its the offspring of joe rogan and an elite enforcer.
What L1am Wh1te said about the rabbits. I agree that Jackrabbits can rush, but they're miserable at actually taking down structures. Jackrabbit rushes in my experience are fun to do, but they're more for harassing and picking off infantry scouts.

As with almost any rush, scouting is a simple, effective, cheap counter. A scout can discover a rabbit rush before they've built more than a handful of drone-upgraded rabbits.
JR’s are by far the worst scout unit and really not a threat in any way.
Well no offense but when you're bad perse, almost any kind of scout rush will work.