Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Regarding the retriever sentinel

OP Darktempler0

Hello, I have been playing Anders for the last few weeks and im wondering if her ultimate (12 o clock) power is balanced.
Honestly to me it feels like the retriever sentinel is one of the weaker powers in the game. It has high cost, takes up a huge amounz of supply, low dps, very low health ( even with shields ) and gets shut down by like 3-4 wolverines .
Is it possible to buff ot in some ways ?
Hello, I have been playing Anders for the last few weeks and im wondering if her ultimate (12 o clock) power is balanced.
Honestly to me it feels like the retriever sentinel is one of the weaker powers in the game. It has high cost, takes up a huge amounz of supply, low dps, very low health ( even with shields ) and gets shut down by like 3-4 wolverines .
It's pretty weak compared to an army of heavy units, it could use a buff
not weak lol
low dps??? idk what game youre playing. yeah it dies quickly, but its an air unit. just keep healers with it and make sure to fly away once the shields go down.
watch it completely strip a base in 10 seconds and then tell me its weak
You know 3 years later, I'm not really even sure what the stats of Retriever Sentinel is, I don't know what it's Green against or Red against.
not weak lol
low dps??? idk what game youre playing. yeah it dies quickly, but its an air unit. just keep healers with it and make sure to fly away once the shields go down.
watch it completely strip a base in 10 seconds and then tell me its weak
Not really mate it looses almost against every unit composition except tanks. Even a hand full of Marines can shred it in seconds while it takes it almost 14 seconds to defeat a fully upgraded marine squad ( y ability not included) It is also weak against core air and even vultures can burn it down. Not even talking about anti air vehicles.
I think it and the Lich could use a small dps buff and the sentinel maybe a 5 - 10 shield or healt increase.
You know 3 years later, I'm not really even sure what the stats of Retriever Sentinel is, I don't know what it's Green against or Red against.
Semi good against tanks (Scorpions and Wraith) and weak to everything else. It looses fully upgraded 1vs 1 against a condor. A friend of mine and me made a test (all units fully upgraded) and the condor had like 50 % health left. Same with Scarrab( 85 % health left).
Not really mate it looses almost against every unit composition except tanks. Even a hand full of Marines can shred it in seconds while it takes it almost 14 seconds to defeat a fully upgraded marine squad ( y ability not included) It is also weak against core air and even vultures can burn it down. Not even talking about anti air vehicles.
I think it and the Lich could use a small dps buff and the sentinel maybe a 5 - 10 shield or healt increase.
Marines won't be able to touch a well micro'd retriever. Just sit it on a ledge and poke with your superior range. No reason you should lose it to marines. Even wolvs you can get away from easily just by flying over terrain that they can't pass. Reavers are the biggest issue because of their jump ability.
Just the concept of the retriever in general is pretty broken, so it being a glass cannon is good. It used to be much faster, cheaper, and bulkier. No one wants to go back to that.
Marines won't be able to touch a well micro'd retriever. Just sit it on a ledge and poke with your superior range. No reason you should lose it to marines. Even wolvs you can get away from easily just by flying over terrain that they can't pass. Reavers are the biggest issue because of their jump ability.
Just the concept of the retriever in general is pretty broken, so it being a glass cannon is good. It used to be much faster, cheaper, and bulkier. No one wants to go back to that.
Yeah a unit which cant engage is pretty fun, your enemy will just make a better army with 40 more supply and crush your bases, while the retriever kills one marine squad every 14 seconds... They are so bad, no Anders is using them anymore, except a loosing battle to get some supply to the front.
Yeah a unit which cant engage is pretty fun, your enemy will just make a better army with 40 more supply and crush your bases, while the retriever kills one marine squad every 14 seconds... They are so bad, no Anders is using them anymore, except a loosing battle to get some supply to the front.
Who tf said it can't engage? When it has high ground it can still shoot, but it can't be shot at. Example, the cliffs behind the bases on rift.
What buildings are they gonna make more units with after the retriever has shredded their base in the blink of an eye? Literally the moment you spawn that thing in, they can't leave their base undefended unless they have like 3 AA turrets or, if Banished, a cloak, a shield, and a couple hold position reavers. You don't see how broken that is?
yeah which banished has a shield gen or a cloaking device on his base at the time you get ur final leader power ? EVERYONE
An in which universe does a retriever shreds a base ? I will make a test tomorrow, I guess it will take between 5-7 minutes to get a base without shield gen , but yeah retriever is op ... so OP it is the last leader power most Anders pick... You can watch every match right now and the retriever is a waste of pop and recources . If you think its OP you may be one of the same people who think banshes are op
yeah which banished has a shield gen or a cloaking device on his base at the time you get ur final leader power ? EVERYONE
An in which universe does a retriever shreds a base ? I will make a test tomorrow, I guess it will take between 5-7 minutes to get a base without shield gen , but yeah retriever is op ... so OP it is the last leader power most Anders pick... You can watch every match right now and the retriever is a waste of pop and recources . If you think its OP you may be one of the same people who think banshes are op
hahahaha okay. Literally played a game today where I had the retriever on the field by the 10 minute mark. Banished won't be tech 3 that fast 95% of the time. Even then, a cloak gen can be countered by a single gale, so you need reavers on hold position as well.
Notice how I never said it was OP? I just said it doesn't need a buff. Really cool putting words in my mouth. There are absolutely NO high level players who believe the retriever needs a buff. Sorry if you really want to feel vindicated, but you're not going to find your opinion mirrored back at you by good players.
Its attack damage is the same vs everything besides buildings. It does more damage vs buildings.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Its attack damage is the same vs everything besides buildings. It does more damage vs buildings.
So it's Green against buildings got it.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Could it be that the shield of the banished is not considered a building ? From what I have seen it does less dmg against it.