Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Remaster Halo Wars Original?

OP soulsurferboy11

Just wondering if 343 will remaster the original Halo Wars for play on the X-Box 1 along with Halo2 Wars 2? Any thoughts?
maby but they may just forget about it or even release it as a dlc or expansion for HW2
hypehypehypehypehypehype
It'd be sweet if they gave it as part of a deluxe edition
totally would play that and expand the unit cap since we are on a heavier system.
Maybe, but I'm tired of remakes.
Halo is love. Halo is life.
I doubt it will see a remaster, considering that Halo Wars 2 is on the way. The market for console RTS's isn't exactly huge. So releasing a remaster into a limited market may hamper the potential sales of Halo Wars 2 when it releases. Just saying.

Furthermore, it's much more likely that Halo Wars will receive a backwards compatibility update, as it's in the top 20 for votes to receive backwards compatibility and is featured in the splash banner for backwards compatible games on the backwards compatibility page on the Xbox site.
I hope, it would be cool to have every Halo game playable on XB1. After that, all we need is Halo Reach.
I don't think the audience is there to make it a profitable venture.
VxT0TALxV wrote:
maby but they may just forget about it or even release it as a dlc or expansion for HW2
This. I would be very ok with this barring a full remake, essentially what they did with ODST in MCC.

Unfortunately I am not expecting it. :( would love it though.
Yes it would be nice
Just wondering if 343 will remaster the original Halo Wars for play on the X-Box 1 along with Halo2 Wars 2? Any thoughts?
If they get the rights and are allowed to do it, maybe.
I think that they are just gonna release the 360 version on Xbox One, not remaster it. They are much more focused on Halo Wars 2 now.

A remaster would be cool though.
I'm hoping they get Skybox Labs to port it over to PC at some point. XBOX1 will probably get backwards compatability
Probly Halo wars will be realse with backwards compatability,