Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Retriever Sentinel doesnt earn Stars, please fix!

OP jalam

Headline pretty much says it all, just wanted to bring this to the attention of 343.

When playing as Anders, and using the Retriever Sentinel, I was unable to earn any Veterancy Stars.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any reason why this unit cant earn stars?
It doesn't?
Protector Sentinels don't either, because they're not piloted by anything. It's a flavor thing, although I'd personally like them to earn vet for simple symmetrical balance reasons.
I'm all for buffing the Protector sentinels by letting them game veterancy but Retriever shouldn't unless it gets nerfed a little first.
Nerfed? What do you want to change on him? He deals less dmg than a condor, much less hp than it and his Y is easily dodged.
Also protectors got recently buffed but because most opener are with core infantry they arent very viable.
Protector Sentinels don't either, because they're not piloted by anything. It's a flavor thing, although I'd personally like them to earn vet for simple symmetrical balance reasons.
Yeah you're right, I forgot about Protector Sentinels...

I don't understand why the Protector or Retrievers don't earn stars, I feel like it must be a mistake.

Heck, the Decimus Drop earns stars if you keep him alive and that's awesome! It should be the same for the Retriever right?!?!?
Nerfed? What do you want to change on him? He deals less dmg than a condor, much less hp than it and his Y is easily dodged.
Also protectors got recently buffed but because most opener are with core infantry they arent very viable.
Retrievers Y ability actually makes him focus down the target you use it on and will hit it directly. However it'll get canceled if the unit you target with it dies or goes out of range.
If you target a reaver or somthing with a similar ability and they jump away it gets cancelled too and even if it triggers the dmg and aoe is still quite meh. Never had trouble to deal with it, you just need 3 reavers in your comp and its dead.
If you target a reaver or somthing with a similar ability and they jump away it gets cancelled too and even if it triggers the dmg and aoe is still quite meh. Never had trouble to deal with it, you just need 3 reavers in your comp and its dead.
If they have the Sentinel Synergy it's pretty tanky with that large shield.
I also tend to think that in the realm of super advanced AI, unsupervised machine learning could be seen as analogous to veterancy for normal pilots, so I'd still think it'd make sense for any of the sentinels to gain veterancy.
They really should let it have veterancy, or at least in Terminus Firefight.
They really should let it have veterancy, or at least in Terminus Firefight.
Yeah, Terminus Firefight is really where it bothered me the most.

Its pretty essential in Terminus to keep your main units alive for the veterancy, it basically nerfs the Retriever by not gaining stars.
I have been away for some time, but does the hellbringers gain any veterancy yet? Only with Kinsano drop thou.