Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Rush/Early Game has vanished

OP Lord Mojo Man

I have noticed a precipitous decline in the amount of players who play aggressive early game or "rush", with the exception of infantry rushes from Kinsano, Serina and Cutter.

Has anyone else noticed this? And if so, any thoughts on why this might be?

I'm not sure if there is something about this particular meta that makes rushes less viable or if its something else.
I’ve found that that I only get rushed when the entire other team is in a squad. I don’t play solos or 2’s much but in 3’s I feel like there is only a rush when all 3 opponents target the same person. And man that can be hard to defend lol
This. All 3 players on a 3v3 piling in to rush one opponent is a strong strategy with no real counter.

Other than that IMHO rushing a 1v1 will cost you the game. Part of me wishes that the early game was stronger - but that's a dangerous thing to hope for lol. I'm also bad at quick keystrokes and macro so I stick with late game strats for my own sanity.

I get the feeling that the game is overall balanced against rushing, hence Kinsano suffers a great deal. Which is a shame, as thematically Kinsano is my favorite UNSC leader. YapYap and Voridus are also rushers, but Voridus leans a bit away from pure rush and has strong tech options. YapYap's rush game is SO good and his buff mechanics keep him strong late game. Purely my 2cents, but imho Kinsano doesn't have enough to carry her strengths into the late game. The flame abilities just don't scale well enough into a late game with massive air/vehicle healing balls. Against infantry and bases Kinsano is a joy to use - but no one does all inf armies except maybe YapYap, and base rushing is, again, not terribly viable.
Rushing works well in ones at least if you want to get onyx (no champ experience for me). You just need to go in three minutes, and either focus the buildings or the main base. But you have to make that judgement once you are there, cuz even if your rushing doesn't get their base, if you get a generator or two or a an augmented supplie pad, you will have the advatage for the rest of the game.
Rushing works well in ones at least if you want to get onyx (no champ experience for me). You just need to go in three minutes, and either focus the buildings or the main base. But you have to make that judgement once you are there, cuz even if your rushing doesn't get their base, if you get a generator or two or a an augmented supplie pad, you will have the advatage for the rest of the game.
Agreed. That requires build order muscle memory, and more importantly judgement like you said. Not all of us have those guts lol :)
I should've been more clear in that in my experience rushing costs me the game when I rush. But I'm also not strong with build orders.