Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Rushing and Loosing - How to Avoid

OP KingOHeart

Hello all,

Recently played a tiny bit of H2 and was sad to see so many people used a rush technique. (Which, I guess is fair so it's not the problem).

But you know, I'm not good against such technique and was wondering how you guys go about countering rushers?

I'm sure playing with mic and teammates with a plan helps, but let's face it, it basically never happens.

So, how do I save myself from this boys?

-KOH
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Banished/Covenant: Make suicide grunts from raid camp(s) until they give up rush.
UNSC: Make snipers and/or hero as well as turrets on back of base and upgrade them to anti-infantry

In 2v2/3v3 you've just gotta scout a lot in the first 5 minutes to find any rushes that might be about to happen e.g. scouting a dozen jump-pack brutes sprinting towards your base 3 minutes into the game.

The leaders you've gotta watch out for for rushes are Cutter, Anders, Decimus and Colony.
Scout and counter. Snipers, Jackrabbits, and turrets are the best anti-rush defenses. For Banished, scouts and Suis work as well.
Banished/Covenant: Make suicide grunts from raid camp(s) until they give up rush.
UNSC: Make snipers and/or hero as well as turrets on back of base and upgrade them to anti-infantry

In 2v2/3v3 you've just gotta scout a lot in the first 5 minutes to find any rushes that might be about to happen e.g. scouting a dozen jump-pack brutes sprinting towards your base 3 minutes into the game.

The leaders you've gotta watch out for for rushes are Cutter, Anders, Decimus and Colony.
Huh? Colony is the only leader that makes sense as a potential obvious rusher. Not really sure about those other three. In my experience, the most common level 1 rushers are Colony (with Goliaths), Atriox (with supped up hammer brutes), Jerome (with a mantis that is very hard to kill level one, especially with the ways you described), and Forge (with rolling economy and pelican drop).

Another good UNMC tactic is to use a spartan hero with slam to stall the enemy and then using grenade throw to kill.
If you are playing with randoms against a coordinated group that rushes, and your teammates don't help, then you have lost. Consider it the entry fee for solo queuing.

As far as taking care of your own base, suicide grunts are amazing at stopping infantry rushes, for unsc marines and snipers. I would advise against turrets early game, you may succeed in scaring them off your base, but if they then pivot to your teammates base you have left them to fend for themselves. Only one turret if you must, beat them with your army.

Huh? Colony is the only leader that makes sense as a potential obvious rusher. Not really sure about those other three. In my experience, the most common level 1 rushers are Colony (with Goliaths), Atriox (with supped up hammer brutes), Jerome (with a mantis that is very hard to kill level one, especially with the ways you described), and Forge (with rolling economy and pelican drop).

Another good UNMC tactic is to use a spartan hero with slam to stall the enemy and then using grenade throw to kill.
Excuse me, but did you just exclude the king of rushing from the leaders to expect a rush from? I'm of course referring to Voridus, the two trick goo boy!

Excuse me, but did you just exclude the king of rushing from the leaders to expect a rush from? I'm of course referring to Voridus, the two trick goo boy!
Sir you are correct! I forgot Voridus and his goo lol.... not sure if I would give him the "king" title tho.. Also Serina and her ice.. Also Johnson and his bunker.. :o

Sir you are correct! I forgot Voridus and his goo lol.... not sure if I would give him the "king" title tho.. Also Serina and her ice.. Also Johnson and his bunker.. :o
He may be the self proclaimed king of rushing, but only Colony can compete with him for early game destruction. Combat Spoils makes your economy his economy, doesn't get much better than that for rushing.

Johnson can't rush period, and Serina is the only UNSC that has decent rush units but still aren't a huge threat like banished AB.
Combat Spoils makes Voridus a ton of money so yeah, he's a great rusher.

Johnson can't rush period, and Serina is the only UNSC that has decent rush units but still aren't a huge threat like banished AB.
Johnson can't rush LMAO! Have you ever had a bunker drop on your base with snipers an hero wrecking it? I guess not. He also has a lp for healing and Johnson himself can heal.

Clearly you've never had Johnson pelican drop a rush army on your base then drop a bunker and put snipers in it...

Clearly you've never had Johnson pelican drop a rush army on your base then drop a bunker and put snipers in it...
Johnson is F Tier and this is shut down by a few turrets and simply scout, it doesn't work at all at high level. Forge does Pelican better with Rolling Eco.
Thanks for the input fellows :)