Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Me and my friends just got wrecked by scarabs so we decided to test scarabs vs other ult units. First be pitted one Retriever Sentinel vs the Scarab and the sentinel got wrecked. We didn't heal the scarab and put a condor against it. The scarab beat that too with some health to spare. Scarabs are overpowered.
SirWibbles wrote:
Me and my friends just got wrecked by scarabs so we decided to test scarabs vs other ult units. First be pitted one Retriever Sentinel vs the Scarab and the sentinel got wrecked. We didn't heal the scarab and put a condor against it. The scarab beat that too with some health to spare. Scarabs are overpowered.
YUP agreed Super units/leader powers are Soo overpowered its silly
Scarab is easy to kill just like the Condor... You just have to use the correct units
SirWibbles wrote:
They are but I was defeating an enemy (my friend and I) with my three scarabs, but realised my scarab suddenly got destroyed, so at the end of the game I asked my friend how he destroyed it without me noticing and he used a cloaked honour guard, and even the motion sensors at the base cannot detect it. If you use this tactic make sure that if you have scarabs make sure there are stealth detecting units with them! (lesson learned)
Of all ult units, I find the Scarab the easiest one to destroy. The retriever sentinel however....
But I don't think they're overpowered. Like many others say, you just have to know what units to use when countering them.
SirWibbles wrote:
Condors I find are more OP
Your friend must have not been using the super abiltiy of the condor, it deals massive damage
Scarab is easy to kill just like the Condor... You just have to use the correct units
As goes with the rest of the units in any given strategy game. With any unit/strategy there is always a counter! It's just a matter of finding it.
Nadesicle wrote:
As goes with the rest of the units in any given strategy game. With any unit/strategy there is always a counter! It's just a matter of finding it.
Exactly
Scarabs = OP wtf lol you can kill 2 scarbs in less than 1min xD git gud
I hated seeing them wipe me out, but I just spammed infantry and siege turrets and they don't like that combo
So what you're saying is "Scarab beats everything!".

Ok, on a serious note I believe Scarabs are a tide turner unit but I don't think they're OP. Long term data on this will be the tell.
Yeah its super anoyying. I can't play for more than 15minutes before I get attacked by a scarab and a dozen engineers healing it. It's way over powered. And has ruined the fun till something is fixed. Or remove the ultra units.....
I agree that so far, from what I have witnessed, the Scarab seems more overpowered than the Retrievers. The Retrievers special power doesn't seems that strong, imo. What I would like to know, from those who keep saying Scarabs are pretty easy to dismantle, is what units are best for wrecking them? Other than planted Kodiaks, and quite a few of them, along with air support, they seems to just keep going. My Retriever falls within a few mins, even from other smaller air units. I thought air bested vehicles... and isn't the Scarab a vehicle?
Nadesicle wrote:
Okay, so what's the counter? I'm not challenging you -- I assume there's a good one -- but like others on this post, I don't know what it is.
Scarabs are surprisingly fragile. One scarab without any supporting units is very easy to kill. That said, you need to use your leader powers accordingly. Some leaders are better at killing scarabs than others. As someone who frequently uses them, I see far too many people focusing my scarab and just letting engineers heal them.

Also, scarabs are horribly and infuriatingly unresponsive to commands.
SirWibbles wrote:
Out of the other ultimates it is definitely the most powerful but it's still rather easy to counter.
Lol i find scarab practically the worst of all super units...
xuwei010 wrote:
Okay, great -- how do you kill it efficiently then? A friend of mine and I got wrecked by two Scarabs attacking his base. They were able to take out his base before we could destroy all the engineers healing it. What's the best way to counter?
HobbinGuy wrote:
xuwei010 wrote:
Okay, great -- how do you kill it efficiently then? A friend of mine and I got wrecked by two Scarabs attacking his base. They were able to take out his base before we could destroy all the engineers healing it. What's the best way to counter?
SIEGE turrets
McSherlock wrote:
HobbinGuy wrote:
xuwei010 wrote:
SIEGE turrets
Against two at the same time, backed by engineers who are shielding them?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2