Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Season 10 Cleansing Beam Hotfix

OP Wrensi

There is a hotfix out now for Cleansing Beam reducing the building damage on the Leader Power.

It should now be more in-line with other leader powers for effectiveness vs buildings.

**** Updating with Values ****
Damage Modifiers vs Buildings
Tier 1: 0.4
Tier 2: 0.5
Tier 3: 0.55
Wrensi wrote:
There is a hotfix out now for Cleansing Beam reducing the building damage on the Leader Power.

It should now be more in-line with other leader powers for effectiveness vs buildings.
how much did you adjust it by?
Wrensi wrote:

delete
Wrensi wrote:

I wondered how my base auto-died from the beam the other day :)
THEWALL766 wrote:
Wrensi wrote:

The multiplier vs structures was changed from 1.5 to .6 so there should be a huge difference.
thanks, do you know where this was said?
THEWALL766 wrote:
Wrensi wrote:

The multiplier vs structures was changed from 1.5 to .6 so there should be a huge difference.
Its posted in the banished discord but post told me the actual adjustments were more complicated than that. He will follow up with real numbers later if anyone was interested.
THEWALL766 wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
Wrensi wrote:

Its posted in the banished discord but post told me the actual adjustments were more complicated than that. He will follow up with real numbers later if anyone was interested.
Real numbers are now in the original post :)
Wrensi wrote:

Awesome, thanks for the update man!
Still the same for unit damage?
I believe so
Yes, the only thing changed was the damage done to buildings.

Any other changes will be addressed in the Mid-Season patch if necessary.
Wrensi wrote:
Yes, the only thing changed was the damage done to buildings.

Any other changes will be addressed in the Mid-Season patch if necessary.
What are the AOE sizes for each of the three rings?
noice!
Wrensi wrote:

Thank you wrensi that's just awesome.
The Dmg needs to be changed vs untis. Level 3 beam kills scarab. Level 2 beam kills every non super unit in the game. This ability has way too much aoe for the dmg it has right now.
The Dmg needs to be changed vs untis. Level 3 beam kills scarab. Level 2 beam kills every non super unit in the game. This ability has way too much aoe for the dmg it has right now.
Proof that a single level 3 beam does 85k+ damage?
That's considerably welcome news... for everybody who doesn't main Let'Volir. :)

Though I must ask, are there any plans to tone down the frequency of the glassing beam and doomspark abilities in regards to the Campaign mission Under the Dark? They recharge a bit too quickly, and with the relative soft-skinned nature of the units available to one on that particular map... well, standard outcome is that just as soon as one's army reaches effective mass, it gets flash-vaporized by the angry carrier hovering above.
SC Matt 7 wrote:
That's considerably welcome news... for everybody who doesn't main Let'Volir. :)

Though I must ask, are there any plans to tone down the frequency of the glassing beam and doomspark abilities in regards to the Campaign mission Under the Dark? They recharge a bit too quickly, and with the relative soft-skinned nature of the units available to one on that particular map... well, standard outcome is that just as soon as one's army reaches effective mass, it gets flash-vaporized by the angry carrier hovering above.
I'll take this one for you wrensi, no there are no plans of making any adjustments to campaign. the team has limited resources and they're better spent on multiplayer
SC Matt 7 wrote:

I'll take this one for you wrensi, no there are no plans of making any adjustments to campaign. the team has limited resources and they're better spent on multiplayer
...I won't lie, a part of me figuratively died inside when I read this post.
That mission is just so... inflated in difficulty due to Enduring Conviction's quick-charging deathbeam.