Season 10 Leader Win Rates So Far

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
As Pavium is my favorite leader to play as he has such a cool demeanor and abilities I know most of the problem with Pavium's W/L ratio is people try to play him like his brother Voridus and that is wrong I loved the Yin Yang of the two leaders Pavium is very good at defense while weaker in attack and Voridus is stronger with attack and weaker in defense. He is in a decent spot as far as play goes a few tweaks I'd say he still needs is a 3-4% health boost on his invaders as they fall apart as fast as warthogs and with them being slow it'd make sense for them to be more tanky, and if anything else bump the ultra mines damage up against vehicles by about 3% making them a little more viable for defense as it is his role. other than that I'd say maybe hold a UNSC reinforcement event where the leaders have a 3% to production rate increase to all fields to get players to try the leaders more as they seem to be ignored in favor of the banished, I wouldn't say nerf banished leaders in any way during the event just give a small incentive to try UNSC out every now and again. Thank you for asking our opinions hope they help.
HobbinGuy wrote:
Wow. I am realizing I play YapYap very wrongly if others are so good with him. I'm terrible with him.
Don't be too hard on yourself. He's got a learning curve to him.
ehhh.... you know my philosophy.

Also it looks like I need to play some pavium and see if I can't swing that win rate.
HobbinGuy wrote:
Wow. I am realizing I play YapYap very wrongly if others are so good with him. I'm terrible with him.

Also it looks like I need to play some pavium and see if I can't swing that win rate.
Maybe run some show matches and showcase how solid he really is?
I'm sure BreezyStarfish1 or others will totally stream and YouTube it for you!
Postums wrote:
HobbinGuy wrote:

I'd be happy to stream, but I'm under the impression Pavium is a one trick pony
beam the yap
There seems to be a bias between UNSC and Banished with the banished having a better overall advantage. It is a shame to see strong late game leaders down so low. I love late game.
For the sake of completeness, the desktop users might be interested in the more fine-granular statistics here:
https://www.didact.io/report/pvp
Atriox bulwork is basically a negate leader power with a throw in heal, if you attack an enemy base and use unbreakable, eradication, bulwork, and dying breath in succession, there is little an enemy can do to save that base.
Just wondering if anyone knows the correct pattern I should use those in
Unknown wrote:
Atriox bulwork is basically a negate leader power with a throw in heal, if you attack an enemy base and use unbreakable, eradication, bulwork, and dying breath in succession, there is little an enemy can do to save that base.
Just wondering if anyone knows the correct pattern I should use those in
I hope you have 4k in the bank lol.

I assume you'd go Unbreakable, Erad, Bulwark, Dying Breath
Free cannon fodder is probably the reason for the win rate. Basically unlimited free scouting plus they wreck most of the starting units in numbers.
Branko28 wrote:
A bit late to the (grunt) party, but thanks for posting these stats; it's nice to see some insider info. I'm sure there's lots of potential for speculation on some of the more peculiar findings (Anders), but to me something is far more glaring.

It's no coincidence that top leaders have glassing beam. I'm loving the balance otherwise, but beam is just too good. Even with splitting, it hits so hard and so fast that armies (particularly infantry, which tend to cluster up by default) get wiped within just over a second. It's difficult as is to attack a banished base, since units underneath a shield have invulnerability, but now having a defensive beam to wipe armies on top of that honestly just takes more way work to dodge rather than use. I'm not against a strong beam; actually I've never had an issue with it in any past season until now (maybe because cutter's raid was faster then so dodging wasn't as hard); but maybe a slight delay in DPS buildup would solve the issue (kinda like void rays in SC2). That way it gives slightly more time to split before becoming completely punished.

Rather than me rambling with more anecdotal examples, just look at the numbers. For the most part, each of the middle leaders are 0.5% apart. All of a sudden, there's a roughly 3x0.5% jump above the arbiter (who is strong to begin with) to reach any of the beamers. Also I want to highlight that the sampling population is taken from the top 20% ranked, so there's actually a higher proportion of people who often split accounted for here.

Again, I'm really happy with the patch otherwise, especially so with the hot fix. I think tanks are still not worth their price, but that's a separate issue.
I think this guy's made a great point; I'm not a statistics guru, but I'm sure the difference in standard deviations here basically tells the story of the season so far. The beamers aren't just the best, they're the best by leaps and bounds. Between that and the fact that taking the top 20% would already mean we closed the gap by accounting for the best splitters, I'd believe the only other piece missing is the play rates.
<p></p>
Like Cars said, lets see the amounts of players these statistics are coming from. I think that the high level of wins for Yap Yap are coming from the low amount of players who actually play him. From what I can tell, people that are good at playing Yap Yap also tend to main him further skewing the statistics.
I am still so bad in the game :/
Postums wrote:
HobbinGuy wrote:

I think I can show off the strength of pavium if you guys want to put something together later on in the week. It's weird learning to play him as a lot of the usual intuition is just wrong because burnout is so good. I think naka demonstrated a bit of it in the tourney.
Colonys got a negative? Huh well i guess thats because if you fail a goliath rush your economys in ruins. plus all his leader powers deal with passivity and no big attacking power so if your army falls you cant eradicate, pelican attack or mac blast to hurt the enemy. I wouldnt mind if hunters brand got a bit more power to help him/it out.
Yeah yapyaps great no surprise there
The boys with glassing beam are taking this season by storm.
Just curious, what is the rank cutoff of the top 20%?
Amazing, always nice to see some numbers.

Not surprise to see the 3 leaders with the easiest access to GlassingBeam be in the top 3.

Thanks for the info postems❤
I just noticed lol
how does yap yap win so much?
big part of it is no one knows how to play against him that well I always have early game army if you do not he will overwhelm
you quickly
God King Yapyap protects his title again. All hail the one true leader.
My boy Colony in the middle, just like he always is, love seeing this data.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4