Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Season 10 Leader Win Rates Updated! [1v1 included]

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Postums wrote:
I have even posted how OP ship is right now.
We have been in open discussions on ways to bring shipmaster down a bit.
Its the combination of having arguably the best hero and the best scouts. Displacement is also super effective in 1v1.

1) Either ghosts need a dps nerf or JRs need another buff - the latter is probably the better option given that UNSC is still lacking it appears.

2) Lower the speed of the honour guard, its already hard to kill him with extraction - but even if you catch him when that's in cool down he still gets away really easy.

3) Displacement is his best power now that the balance beam has been (almost) balanced. So that would be the place to look for changes. The biggest nerf would be reducing the transport range, reducing AoE would only be a nerf in certain situations, increasing cool down is probably the safest way to tweak it.

4) Suicide grunts are also a big reason why banished do so well. Its the go-to fall back option when things go wrong. UNSC simply don't have something at tier 1 that can deliver that much damage in a pinch.
I really don’t understand how Atriox Blitz ratio is so low... extremely perplexing statistic right there. Other than that, the bottom three UNSC are rightfully bottom tier (I feel Isabel lower than all of those, but she can steal energy with her start) and can use some tweaking. Thanks so much for posting this information.
Postums wrote:
Its the combination of having arguably the best hero and the best scouts. Displacement is also super effective in 1v1.

1) Either ghosts need a dps nerf or JRs need another buff - the latter is probably the better option given that UNSC is still lacking it appears.

2) Lower the speed of the honour guard, its already hard to kill him with extraction - but even if you catch him when that's in cool down he still gets away really easy.

3) Displacement is his best power now that the balance beam has been (almost) balanced. So that would be the place to look for changes. The biggest nerf would be reducing the transport range, reducing AoE would only be a nerf in certain situations, increasing cool down is probably the safest way to tweak it.

4) Suicide grunts are also a big reason why banished do so well. Its the go-to fall back option when things go wrong. UNSC simply don't have something at tier 1 that can deliver that much damage in a pinch.
If you build snipers those suicide grunts will never reach your army. Snipers win most early game encounters hands down.
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Happy Friday! Did a similar stats dump for leader win rates not to long ago and the conversation went well. So, we are doing it again! Stay on topic please and please feel free to discuss!

The percentages shown are for all games played during the a 7 day long window of time. The percentages that are discussed are the win/loss % of a leader that are either above or below a 1:1 ratio of win and loss. A leader who has 100 wins and 100 losses within the week will have a perfect 0% win ratio. Anything above or below represents a positive or negative win rate based on the number of games that the leader was played.

Data definition - Top 20% skill level, deathmatch only, both PC and Xbox players, and all team sizes for matchmaking.

All Deathmatch Leader Win Rates for Matchmaking
  1. Decimus: 5.9% win advantage (previously +3.1%).
  2. YapYap THE DESTROYER: 4% win advantage (previously +8.6%).
  3. Shipmaster: 2.7% win advantage (previously +2.4%).
  4. Kinsano: 2.4% win advantage (previously -1.2%).
  5. Atriox: 2.0% win advantage (previously +3.2%).
  6. Colony: 0.9% win advantage (previously -0.4%)
  7. Anders: 0.9% win advantage (previously -2.1%)
  8. Johnson: 0.4% win advantage (previously -1.7%)
  9. Isabel: -1.2% loss advantage (previously -2.4%)
  10. Jerome: -1.5% loss advantage (previously -0.3%)
  11. Voridus: -1.6% loss advantage (previously -2.5%)
  12. Serina: -1.9% loss advantage (previously -2.8%)
  13. Arbiter: -2.3% loss advantage (previously +1.0%)
  14. Cutter: -2.4% loss advantage (previously 0.3%)
  15. Forge: -4.2% loss advantage (previously -2.5%)
  16. Pavium: -4.7% loss advantage (previously -4.2%)
Now - we have also gathered the data for One vs One.
Data definition - Top 20% skill level, deathmatch only, both PC and Xbox players, and 1 vs. 1 team size for matchmaking.

1v1 Deathmatch Leader Win Rates for Matchmaking1. Shipmaster: 4.4% win advantage
2. Decimus: 3.4% win advantage
3: Colony: 2.9% win advantage
4. Anders: 2.5% win advantage
5. Johnson: 1.6% win advantage
6. Cutter: 1.2% win advantage
7. Kinsano: 0.8% win advantage
8. YapYap THE DESTROYER: 0.1% win advantage (almost Zen like balance)m
9. Atriox: -1.0% loss advantage
10. Jerome: -1.5% loss advantage
11. Pavium: -2.2% loss advantage
12. Forge: -3.5% loss advantage
13. Arbiter: -3.9% loss advantage
14. Serina: -5.3% loss advantage
15. Isabel: -5.9% loss advantage
16. Voridus: -8.1% loss advantage

Please discuss!
Thank you for the data & your continued support for the game.

Any insight as to when we can expect the next season to begin?

Also I was wondering if there was any headway on the way MMR is distributed? (+2% for a win, -50% for a loss)

Last thing I got is I was wondering if people manipulating playlist with smurfs was on your radar?

It really rips me apart seeing people climbing the leaderboard because they are getting more CSR for their wins because they have a low ranked smurf with them. It's kinda reckless wouldn't you say?
Dnye92 wrote:
Postums wrote:

If you build snipers those suicide grunts will never reach your army. Snipers win most early game encounters hands down.
True, but you need alot to manage to kill them in time, which costs soooo much power, and one or two good connects can stop a base push no problem.

A UNSC player put on the defensive early game doesn't have the same effective fall back options.
I'm just thinking of anecdotal ways in which banished have more effective options than UNSC.
Dnye92 wrote:
Postums wrote:

True, but you need alot to manage to kill them in time, which costs soooo much power, and one or two good connects can stop a base push no problem.

A UNSC player put on the defensive early game doesn't have the same effective fall back options.
I'm just thinking of anecdotal ways in which banished have more effective options than UNSC.
I agree banished are in a better spot overall but between flame throwers and snipers there's no reason you can't stomp on most banished players early game.
Dnye92 wrote:
Dnye92 wrote:
Postums wrote:

I agree banished are in a better spot overall but between flame throwers and snipers there's no reason you can't stomp on most banished players early game.
Games are so often won or lost in the early game. Its not at all a controversial observation that the Banished overall have a better tier 1. They have access to the best tier 1 building killers, scouts, and suicide grunts are devastating. I'm not saying that it's impossible for UNSC to beat banished early game, but something I've learned is that you can't just rock up to a banished base after winning the first engagement as UNSC. I don't have the same worry vs other UNSC.
If this is only from the last 7 days then it does not include all the pavium games that I had been playing.
I have been gone for a while and is the “beam meta “ over aka when glassing beam considered op also what have I missed
I'm glad Johnson is finally in the positives! I've been using him more often.
Postums wrote:
evils wrote:
Really surprised to see Colony so high, though, I believe that can be attributed to many players not knowing how to counter Goliaths.

On the flip side, I thought Kinsano would be higher up. She's pretty wild right now. Same with Atriox and Pav; really surprised to see them in the negatives.

For the overall percentages, not surprised to see Deci so high; people love those Siphon Banshees. Also surprised to see Pav so low here, but everything else makes sense.

Always appreciate these posts, Post. However, still waiting on those Blitz win rates ;).
Blitz all up win rates for top 20% skill level for all team sizes

1. Shipmaster: 3.7%
2. Colony: 3.5%
3. Kinsano: 3.5%
4. Pavium: 2.0%
5. Cutter: 1.5%
6. Jerome: 1.2%
7. Voridus: 1.0%
8. Arbiter: 0.3%
9. Anders: -0.8%
10. YapYap THE DESTROYER: -1.2%
11. Johnson: -1.3%
12. Decimus: -2.5%
13. Isabel: -2.9%
14. Forge: -3.5%
15. Serina: -5.8%
16. Atriox: -9.9%

In 1v1 top 20% Blitz Voridus is #1 at 10.8% and bottom is Serina at -24.7%.
Whhhaaaaaaaattt..... I am very surprised that Atriox is 16th place!

I guess I have stated a few weeks ago, which leaders would be Top in Blitz and there I see myself very much confirmed: Shipmaster, Kinsano, Cutter & Colony. Shipmaster & Colony have insane high energy return starting armies and very strong Unit drops which are ultimately RUSH; so you can very easily turn the tide of a Battle with Re-Enforcements e.g., Spirit Assault & Skitterers; The strong capacity of turning a battle is also true for Cutter & Kinsano; ODST drop is very much tanky & strong and stuns the units they land upon; Kinsano is the ultimate leader when it comes to the current Blitz meta: Insane massed Infantry massacre: 10 Flamethrowers, 20 Marines, 30 Flametroopers, 30 Cyclops and 40 Helldrop + Wolverine. Cycle & Repeat and this army will be unbeatable after the first minutes, because as stated before, Blitz has since release a heavy infantry based meta (***cheap units) and this pushes these leaders.

IMO Atriox leader powers accross the board are all way too expensive; UNSC besides Kinsano & Cutter have a Rush Unit deficit and Isabel & Serina are not useful in any way; Serinas units & leader powers are way too weak.

To not repeat all the things we already came up with [BLITZ Champions Club] I just link all the ideas for Balancing Blitz: BALANCING BLITZ
Would anyone please help me with the awakening the nightmare legendary campaign co op, need someone desperately.
suprising rates 👌🏽
I'm surprised to see Decimus doing as well as he is in 1s. I'm going to have to test out my builds
Imo deci and ship are the two best leaders right now.
Postums wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Happy Friday! Did a similar stats dump for leader win rates not to long ago and the conversation went well. So, we are doing it again! Stay on topic please and please feel free to discuss!

The percentages shown are for all games played during the a 7 day long window of time. The percentages that are discussed are the win/loss % of a leader that are either above or below a 1:1 ratio of win and loss. A leader who has 100 wins and 100 losses within the week will have a perfect 0% win ratio. Anything above or below represents a positive or negative win rate based on the number of games that the leader was played.

Data definition - Top 20% skill level, deathmatch only, both PC and Xbox players, and all team sizes for matchmaking.

All Deathmatch Leader Win Rates for Matchmaking
  1. Decimus: 5.9% win advantage (previously +3.1%).
  2. YapYap THE DESTROYER: 4% win advantage (previously +8.6%).
  3. Shipmaster: 2.7% win advantage (previously +2.4%).
  4. Kinsano: 2.4% win advantage (previously -1.2%).
  5. Atriox: 2.0% win advantage (previously +3.2%).
  6. Colony: 0.9% win advantage (previously -0.4%)
  7. Anders: 0.9% win advantage (previously -2.1%)
  8. Johnson: 0.4% win advantage (previously -1.7%)
  9. Isabel: -1.2% loss advantage (previously -2.4%)
  10. Jerome: -1.5% loss advantage (previously -0.3%)
  11. Voridus: -1.6% loss advantage (previously -2.5%)
  12. Serina: -1.9% loss advantage (previously -2.8%)
  13. Arbiter: -2.3% loss advantage (previously +1.0%)
  14. Cutter: -2.4% loss advantage (previously 0.3%)
  15. Forge: -4.2% loss advantage (previously -2.5%)
  16. Pavium: -4.7% loss advantage (previously -4.2%)
Now - we have also gathered the data for One vs One.
Data definition - Top 20% skill level, deathmatch only, both PC and Xbox players, and 1 vs. 1 team size for matchmaking.

1v1 Deathmatch Leader Win Rates for Matchmaking1. Shipmaster: 4.4% win advantage
2. Decimus: 3.4% win advantage
3: Colony: 2.9% win advantage
4. Anders: 2.5% win advantage
5. Johnson: 1.6% win advantage
6. Cutter: 1.2% win advantage
7. Kinsano: 0.8% win advantage
8. YapYap THE DESTROYER: 0.1% win advantage (almost Zen like balance)
9. Atriox: -1.0% loss advantage
10. Jerome: -1.5% loss advantage
11. Pavium: -2.2% loss advantage
12. Forge: -3.5% loss advantage
13. Arbiter: -3.9% loss advantage
14. Serina: -5.3% loss advantage
15. Isabel: -5.9% loss advantage
16. Voridus: -8.1% loss advantage

Please discuss!
is it possible to see the low and mid teir players too? I'm just curious really.
Thanks for the post on the win rates Postums! Hope the Serina buffs are coming along well :)
Buff Isabel
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2