OP Wrensi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Hey all,

Here is a preview of the Season 10 Mid Season Patch we are looking at rolling out. I will update this thread as we have values in place for the desired changes.

Feel free to leave constructive feedback below.

Tier 3 Tanks [Updated 5/1]
  • Wraiths, Scorpion, and Grizzlies are getting buffs to their building damage as well as well as other slight changes to increase their accessibility.
Wraith
Building Damage increased by 5%
Shield increased by 10%

Scorpion
Cost reductions 600/90 -> 550/90

Grizzly
Cost reductions 900/140 -> 850/140

UNSC [Updated 5/2]
Cyclops
HP increased by 10%.

Jackrabbit
Base DPS increased by 5%
Time between attacks reduced and shot speed increased to reduce number of missed attacks.

Banished [Updated 5/7]
Reaver
Reavers shared the weapontype of core infantry and caused a lot of damage vs. other anti-vehicle units and with scaling too much to other core vehicles.
New WeaponType added to rectify this issue.

Leader Powers [Updated 5/4]
Cleansing Beam
Cooldown increased by 30s
Speed normalized at each tier to 17/18/18
Center damage ring radius reduced by 50% at all tiers
Center damage ring reduced to 115%

Atriox [Updated 5/2]
  • Counter Measure Jump Pack Brute mines no longer stun units they fall on. Yup.
Colony [Updated 5/7]
  • Goliath armor type changed to LightRush to match similar units.
  • Fixed a bug where the Hunter Captain would occasionally not damage units with its Base Weapon
Arbiter [Updated 5/4]
Arbiter is in an odd spot where he is not incredibly powerful in a lot of ways, but very broken in several. These changes are to address the broken parts of his toolkit in hopes to bring him to a more manageable place.

Conduit of Rage
Reapplying the buff now refreshes the 10 second duration instead of stacking
Damage Buff reduced from 30%/45%/60% to 15%/30%/45%

Elite Spirit Assault
Now a Tier 4 power and the position is swapped with Stasis on the radial

Yapyap THE DESTROYER [Updated 5/4]
  • Fixed a bug causing Heavy Grunts to not be affected by Logistics
  • Ambush Mines damage reduced to more closely mirror Lotus Mine damage
Voridus [Updated 5/2]
  • Fixed a bug causing Volatile Scarab to not be affected by Logistics
Blitz [Updated 5/1]
Colony “Battering Ram” now has 4 Skitterers in place of one Goliath.
Johnson “Mech Offense” now has a Warthog in place of one Mantis.
Arbiter “Elite Assault” now has a Ghost added to it.
Arbiter “Vicious Blade” now has a Ghost added to it.
Very much looking forward to the T3 vehicle buffs, as well as Jackrabbit help. But, it'd be a shame if I didn't shill for Serina buffs considering I'm posting the first comment ;)
#MakeCanisterShellGreatAgain
Hold the phone.
Removing ability to stack duration of CoR? What?
Doesn't that break his whole kit???
#Don'tKillArbiter
Hold the phone.
Removing ability to stack duration of CoR? What?
Doesn't that break his whole kit???
#Don'tKillArbiter
I think that means you'll just have to space out your LPs more.

But overall these changes look great.
Wow, Arbiter's Spirit drop getting swapped is next gen!
Can you even do that Wrensi?
Really looking forward to the Blitz changes :D.
Jackrabbits: not nearly enough to fix the unit. Needs a small DPS buff at least.
Combat Tech Marines: need to be weaker vs anti infantry and T2 vehicles - the rocket does too well vs those, whereas the marines should be on the losing side
Anders: Douglas' rocket is far too good for damage due to AoE. Needs to be toned down. Also look into micro abuse.
Arbiter: If you change conduit stacking and the damage bonus, there's no need to swap stasis with the drop
Yapyap: please add AoE rings to the mine, it just does the same to everything in a huge radius
Shipmaster: way too strong not to touch in any form, please bring down spirit support unit verterancy
Pavium: Burnout needs to be looked at for effectiveness. Way too strong. Recommend making it a 2 pointer with the ranges of the current lvl2 and 3, but much worse effectiveness.

Other stuff can wait imo. Happy with the list!
Any changes to suicide grunts or reavers coming up?

Also was wondering If any other Banished t2 units were getting nerfed or if any UNSC t2 units were getting buffed?
Any news on fixing hunter captains beam weapon , it currently has trouble damaging infantry
I'd like to see some Serina buffs as well
Keep in mind this is for a mid-season patch. We are currently capping them at this scope of things to look into. A more robust set of changes will be kept for larger balance updates.

Cheers,
Postums
Postums wrote:
Keep in mind this is for a mid-season patch. We are currently capping them at this scope of things to look into. A more robust set of changes will be kept for larger balance updates.

Cheers,
Postums
So if I'm understanding you correctly, major Blitz changes and a TFF update is slated for the next season patch, date TBD.
We're not back to monthly seasons are we? Would appreciate an idea of how long the seasons are now that DLC is over. Soon™?
Please fix pathfinding of jump brutes when trying to attack the main base, only 2 or 3 can attack it max if you don’t strip first. Also, something more needs to be done to prevent shipmaster, decimus, atriox and yap yap dominating too heavily next season- take away glassing and they are still the 4 strongest banished once arbiter has taken this heavy nerf (and banished > unsc), so their most obnoxious powers (spirit support, boundless siphon, atriox’s chosen and cannon fodder) need to be looked at.
Just want to point out that the Hunter Captain still cannot fight infantry pre-siphon overcharge. Hope to see a fix so I can try some HC openers again :)
Postums wrote:

Cheers,
Postums
So if I'm understanding you correctly, major Blitz changes and a TFF update is slated for the next season patch, date TBD.
We're not back to monthly seasons are we? Would appreciate an idea of how long the seasons are now that DLC is over. Soon™?
We will not be dating anything at this time nor outlining how long seasons are going to run. As well, we are not discussing what changes will be made for future season updates. There are many ideas of things we would like to update and do, but at this time - we aren't outlining what is coming down the pipe or when.

So yes, Soon™
The glitch that locks dlc Phoenix logs after every update hasn’t been fixed yet. I hope postums or wrensi will fix this glitch soon.
So does that mean Plasma Bolt 2 and 3 will not stack their rage buffs either?
Here is my experiance with the current balance of the game.
Cyclops need a small buff to where they do not stack on top of each other. When tested against a forge an entire force of cyclops lost to 6 grizzlies with no leader abilities and only y abilities from the grizzlies. However when tested against hunters the hunters won hands down. Start small with cyclops either not stacking on each other or make them take less splash damage. Start small maybe 10% less splash.
I main Forge and Jerome here are some small buffs and patch work I think should be implemented on these two hero’s.
Bugs
Forge hog: when leader abilities hit that inflict slow like ice are on a group of grizzlies with forge hog they freak out and refuse to move I believe forge hog is causing this issue because whenever I try moving forge first and get him out the grizzlies seem to figure themselves out and continue on at a snails pace.
Solution: patch the hog and consider making grizzlies immune to status effects they are incredibly slow as is and these effects make them next to useless their mobility is the biggest negative but giving them immunity would be a cool buff that shouldn’t break the meta. Allow them to still loose damage than take damage and still be frozen but don’t slow their already incredibly slow speed down.
bug: Jerome mantis drops. Part of Jerome hero’s charm is skill shotting it to drop in groups of enemy’s, laser barrage makes it very effective if you can land it in a group of enemies, however there is a bug to where it won’t land in a group of enemies to big it will drop to the side of them and the laser barrage doesn’t even hit where you where aiming this is extremely annoying when it is a skill shot leader ability and you do not get the damage you should, since mines where nerfed Jerome is even worse than before and this mantis fix to where it should hit and land where you aimed needs to be fixed so u can get the damage that is meant to be dealt
also Jerome enduring salvo is still pretty easy to dodge and doesn’t deal great damage consider giving it another buff.
atriox remove the mine stun and slow from jump brutes and consider removing these mines or nerding them, they are extremely good another solution would be to make the jump y abilities have a longer cooldown
anders: her supersentinal could use a nerf the abilitie to call a super unit in at will with a powerful y ability that is instant needs to be relooked at, with a bad Anders it doesn’t seem very good but with a good Anders it can very powerful, also Anders sentinels could use a look at
im sure I could think of more but the post would be to long last said artilery could use a look at it is incredibly strong maybe a slight damage nerf or slower shooting times
Looking good
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8