4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
TYRELL zx wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:
Really looking forward to the Blitz changes :D.
M2 :DD..

Colony & Shipmasters starting armies are so op..

Oh wait.. all these leaders rule the 1v1 leaderboard.. these coincidences.. =D
I think they're fine, to be honest.

Their returns may be a little too high, but they've still got nothing on Atriox's starting army.

Im just hoping my boy Arby will get a better starting army. Poor guy is just so slow :(.
Atrioxs 2 Banshees are like paper.. they can do nothing besides getting vision.. dont let me start with the chopper..

Colony has 2 Scarred Hunters (160), Skitterer Mob (90) and the Engineer (60).. a return of 155 =/

They can do a lot in the beginning with the attached Skitterers..

Shipmaster can easily challenge energy cores without any deployed rush units, because his units are cloaked and doesnt need to fear getting attacked.. In order to attack you need detect units which can easily be attacked by the anti-infantry Marauders.

Atriox has a total of 90 energy return, Shipmaster a total of 130. And again: To be able to challenge Shipmasters starting army you need detect units..
Yes, as I said, they're return may be too high, but both those armies are incredibly slow. I would take Trox's starting army 9 times out of 10, simply for the fact that I can cover the entire map.

Perhaps removing one Hunter from Colony and making Ship's Marauders regular Marauders is in order.

Wrensi
I like the idea.

And Sadder you play probably more 2v2s Ranked I assume?

The Meta in Blitz in 1vs1 is very different when you play vs. the best of the best.. And these guys play mostly Shipmaster, Colony, Kinsano/ Cutter..

But again: I like your input for the starting armies.. Im really curious to see whats about to come for the starting armies..

Why shouldnt they be a lot bigger than currently?

The starting army should reflect the individual character of every leader, but the returns should be among all leaders a max. difference of +-20 energy.
That's the simplest solution I can think of without ruining the leader.

I play both, but prefer 2's because I can play leaders besides Ship, lol. I've played my fair share of 1's, but I don't enjoy how I'm confided to select few leaders to have a chance, whereas in 2's, I feel I wider range of viable leaders to play. I also really like the Blitz guys, and it's fun to play games with buds.

I prefer smaller starting armies (3-4 units), but that's my opinion. With more units, it would be too easy to cover the map, again, my opinion. I agree with you about the energy return, though. Ideally, all starting armies would have the exact same return, but that's a lot easier said than done, lol.

I think the first order of business is to ensure all starting armies have a competitive chance of securing energy; my poor Arby :(. Then, focus on ironing out the energy discroenecies among starting armies.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Overall great update. You guys are addressing the major concerns. A counter measures fix would be amazing! I also agree that Anders, Shipmaster, and Pavium should each receive a small nerf to keep the balance. Adjusting Leader Power cost and cooldowns would probably be enough for them.

I want to put Arbiter's Phantoms out there. I think with the recent heal nerf to CoR, Phantoms could recieve a buff.
Phantoms use to heal for (320, 480, 685) per second at (CoR 1, CoR 2, CoR 3). With the nerfs to Phantoms and CoR, they now only heal for (131, 175, 263) per second at (CoR 1, CoR 2, CoR 3). I believe that you guys have stopped Phantoms from being unkillable.
Now since they are actually killable, do they even have a place in Arbiter's army? Also the CoR nerfs make Arbiter's Leader Points even more valuable, so now you will want to get that 2nd and 3rd point in CoR earlier. I doubt anyone will be spending a point in Phantoms unless they receive some type of buff.
Phantoms are a flying APC unit. They should be used for harassment and to support an army. Give Phantoms a small speed boost, maybe 0.5 extra velocity and 1.5 extra acceleration. Allow them to carry 3 and 4 units instead of 2 and 3. Make them cost 5 pop and give them a little bit of detect and increased LOS.
I think these changes would help them fulfill the roles that they should.
Whoa there, I main Arby and even though I'm sad to see my main getting so hard nerfed in these coming patches, I can say for sure that Phantoms fulfill their roles just fine I think. However, at the same time I do see Arby going obsolete pretty soon with so much hate against him despite him not being as powerful as everyone says he is, so, by all means, if this is a way to let people accept Arbiter once again, buff Phantoms.
Jackrabbits: not nearly enough to fix the unit. Needs a small DPS buff at least.
Combat Tech Marines: need to be weaker vs anti infantry and T2 vehicles - the rocket does too well vs those, whereas the marines should be on the losing side
Anders: Douglas' rocket is far too good for damage due to AoE. Needs to be toned down. Also look into micro abuse.
Arbiter: If you change conduit stacking and the damage bonus, there's no need to swap stasis with the drop
Yapyap: please add AoE rings to the mine, it just does the same to everything in a huge radius
Shipmaster: way too strong not to touch in any form, please bring down spirit support unit verterancy
Pavium: Burnout needs to be looked at for effectiveness. Way too strong. Recommend making it a 2 pointer with the ranges of the current lvl2 and 3, but much worse effectiveness.

Other stuff can wait imo. Happy with the list!
Naka is like hw God, so I agree 100%, but kinsno heldrop needs to get the cooldown change reverted. I propose a nerf to inferno as a balance. Right now Kinsnao is all about nuking bases with inferno and this playstyle sucks. Plz fix helldrop by putting it back to 90 seconds.
Shipmaster: way too strong not to touch in any form, please bring down spirit support unit verterancy.

I agree with most of what you've said. It's a great list. This one though stood out to me. Before the glassing beam was buffed to meme-worthy levels hardly anybody thought Shippy was way too strong. Spirit support is the only drop he gets, and it's a T4 power so it should be strong. On top of that it's already been nerfed before. At T4 Forge gets a double vet Kodiak drop for comparison. Plus shippy doesn't have an enforcer drop like Arby to compliment ghosts for base DPS.

What about reducing the AoE of Displacement? Or nerfing the building damage of the Honor Guard? Or reducing shield strangth of the ghosts? Or increasing ghost's ram recharge time? I'm just spitballing here but I'd hate to see Spirit Support nerfed again right when Shipmaster is finally viable.
Whenever Ship is not a top-end leader, it's due to some unit interactions not working as intended. His LP kit is easily the best in the game.
Spirit Support is just one of those things that allows you to play for a longish T1, and then you drop that thing in, which is not killable with T1 units. Spirit Support is a powerspike that feels like a sort of immunity button.

I agree that displacement is a big problem too, particularly when combo'd with beam, but it only comes into play later in the game. Spirit support makes it impossible to play the long T1 game vs Ship, it makes it impossible to play vehicles vs Ship, it makes it impossible to play Kodiaks vs Ship... Shutting down various strategies with 1 drop is not a skillful play at all - that's why the veterancies of other drops at this stage are not so high.
It's a tier 4 power though meaning that it shouldn't arrive until the 7 to 9 minute mark. That's a long T1 game, pushing the boundaries really. Plus Shipmaster doesn't have the strongest early game either. Ghosts suis is good but doesn't have much base damage because he doesn't have the enforcer drop to end the game. And Spirit Support is great but it lacks building dps. Not to mention dropping 350-400 power (don't remember the specifics off the top of my head) for the drop would delay T2 that much further. Spirit Support is a great power but I don't think it's the biggest cause of Ship over performing.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Overall great update. You guys are addressing the major concerns. A counter measures fix would be amazing! I also agree that Anders, Shipmaster, and Pavium should each receive a small nerf to keep the balance. Adjusting Leader Power cost and cooldowns would probably be enough for them.

I want to put Arbiter's Phantoms out there. I think with the recent heal nerf to CoR, Phantoms could recieve a buff.
Phantoms use to heal for (320, 480, 685) per second at (CoR 1, CoR 2, CoR 3). With the nerfs to Phantoms and CoR, they now only heal for (131, 175, 263) per second at (CoR 1, CoR 2, CoR 3). I believe that you guys have stopped Phantoms from being unkillable.
Now since they are actually killable, do they even have a place in Arbiter's army? Also the CoR nerfs make Arbiter's Leader Points even more valuable, so now you will want to get that 2nd and 3rd point in CoR earlier. I doubt anyone will be spending a point in Phantoms unless they receive some type of buff.
Phantoms are a flying APC unit. They should be used for harassment and to support an army. Give Phantoms a small speed boost, maybe 0.5 extra velocity and 1.5 extra acceleration. Allow them to carry 3 and 4 units instead of 2 and 3. Make them cost 5 pop and give them a little bit of detect and increased LOS.
I think these changes would help them fulfill the roles that they should.
Whoa there, I main Arby and even though I'm sad to see my main getting so hard nerfed in these coming patches, I can say for sure that Phantoms fulfill their roles just fine I think. However, at the same time I do see Arby going obsolete pretty soon with so much hate against him despite him not being as powerful as everyone says he is, so, by all means, if this is a way to let people accept Arbiter once again, buff Phantoms.
So what role do Phantoms currently fullfil? And how can you justify spending a leader point on it? Phantoms were only good because of the heal they got. They don't get close to that anymore plus you want more points in CoR now compared to before
Jackrabbits: not nearly enough to fix the unit. Needs a small DPS buff at least.
Combat Tech Marines: need to be weaker vs anti infantry and T2 vehicles - the rocket does too well vs those, whereas the marines should be on the losing side
Anders: Douglas' rocket is far too good for damage due to AoE. Needs to be toned down. Also look into micro abuse.
Arbiter: If you change conduit stacking and the damage bonus, there's no need to swap stasis with the drop
Yapyap: please add AoE rings to the mine, it just does the same to everything in a huge radius
Shipmaster: way too strong not to touch in any form, please bring down spirit support unit verterancy
Pavium: Burnout needs to be looked at for effectiveness. Way too strong. Recommend making it a 2 pointer with the ranges of the current lvl2 and 3, but much worse effectiveness.

Naka is like hw God, so I agree 100%, but kinsno heldrop needs to get the cooldown change reverted. I propose a nerf to inferno as a balance. Right now Kinsnao is all about nuking bases with inferno and this playstyle sucks. Plz fix helldrop by putting it back to 90 seconds.
You need to use a heal on your base. Inferno is fine!
TYRELL zx wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:

Their returns may be a little too high, but they've still got nothing on Atriox's starting army.

Im just hoping my boy Arby will get a better starting army. Poor guy is just so slow :(.
Atrioxs 2 Banshees are like paper.. they can do nothing besides getting vision.. dont let me start with the chopper..

Colony has 2 Scarred Hunters (160), Skitterer Mob (90) and the Engineer (60).. a return of 155 =/

Shipmaster can easily challenge energy cores without any deployed rush units, because his units are cloaked and doesnt need to fear getting attacked.. In order to attack you need detect units which can easily be attacked by the anti-infantry Marauders.

Atriox has a total of 90 energy return, Shipmaster a total of 130. And again: To be able to challenge Shipmasters starting army you need detect units..
Yes, as I said, they're return may be too high, but both those armies are incredibly slow. I would take Trox's starting army 9 times out of 10, simply for the fact that I can cover the entire map.

Perhaps removing one Hunter from Colony and making Ship's Marauders regular Marauders is in order.

Wrensi
I like the idea.

The Meta in Blitz in 1vs1 is very different when you play vs. the best of the best.. And these guys play mostly Shipmaster, Colony, Kinsano/ Cutter..

But again: I like your input for the starting armies.. Im really curious to see whats about to come for the starting armies..

The starting army should reflect the individual character of every leader, but the returns should be among all leaders a max. difference of +-20 energy.
See, I'm worried because I don't LIKE to rush. But I like to use the goliaths as a base for my army. If they have lower hp I feel like I'm going to be forced to rush, Which is completely different from my play style. I like to use the hunter captain as a bulwark and secure sections of map before pressing. Using the defensive capabilities of colony. I mean I guess I can still do that, but If goliaths get significantly downgraded I'll have to change how I secure the map. I don't want to be forced into a rush just because it is meta
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:
So what role do Phantoms currently fullfil? And how can you justify spending a leader point on it? Phantoms were only good because of the heal they got. They don't get close to that anymore plus you want more points in CoR now compared to before
Well, you said it yourself. They are flying APC units that can house AI and AV. I've seen a solid 3-4 phantoms packed with hunters, mixed with engineers and banshees and it's a force that's extremely hard to take down with rage. The best counter is going full air to fight phantoms because the Arby won't have enough banshees with torpedo to keep up. Literally (and it's the same with mastodons) it is a unit that has an instant type switch when it is blown up, that is something that is very hard to prepare for because you need something to fight both air and infantry (or vehicle and infantry). Now I would say some phantom buffs are totally okay if the units inside take a bigger hit to their health if they are not ejected before the phantom is destroyed.
TYRELL zx wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:

Wrensi
I like the idea.

See, I'm worried because I don't LIKE to rush. But I like to use the goliaths as a base for my army. If they have lower hp I feel like I'm going to be forced to rush, Which is completely different from my play style. I like to use the hunter captain as a bulwark and secure sections of map before pressing. Using the defensive capabilities of colony. I mean I guess I can still do that, but If goliaths get significantly downgraded I'll have to change how I secure the map. I don't want to be forced into a rush just because it is meta
We're talking about Blitz, dude.
Postums wrote:
So does that mean Plasma Bolt 2 and 3 will not stack their rage buffs either?
Each time you proc conduit of rage the duration of the buff is reset to 10 instead of infinitely stacking duration.
Shouldn’t plasma bolt 2 and 3 get a longer duration. You. Can’t shoot one then wait to shoot the others in a fight you won’t be controlling your units it would make more sense to have a 10s activate for bolt 1 12 for a bolt 2 and 15 second for bolt 3 this could activate the second the first bolt is dropped this way you get your rage and are able to effectively micro after dropping your bolts quickly
Postums wrote:
So does that mean Plasma Bolt 2 and 3 will not stack their rage buffs either?
Each time you proc conduit of rage the duration of the buff is reset to 10 instead of infinitely stacking duration.
Shouldn’t plasma bolt 2 and 3 get a longer duration. You. Can’t shoot one then wait to shoot the others in a fight you won’t be controlling your units it would make more sense to have a 10s activate for bolt 1 12 for a bolt 2 and 15 second for bolt 3 this could activate the second the first bolt is dropped this way you get your rage and are able to effectively micro after dropping your bolts quickly
We are looking into the various aspects of COR and how to reduce the effectiveness of it overall for how strong it is. It currently is the strongest and long lasting damage buff in the game in a leader wheel. Even with the damage reduction we are planning, it still will be. With that in mind - we are looking to make it "fair". If the changes that go through are indeed too strong - we will address them in a following patch. This could consist of buffing other abilities to make them stronger. At this time however, we are looking to make the max duration of COR be 10 seconds and is reset on each use of a leader power.
R.I.P Arbiter.

I'm not a fan of this direction for Arbiter, but we will see how it plays out.
marmy080 wrote:
Please fix pathfinding of jump brutes when trying to attack the main base, only 2 or 3 can attack it max if you don’t strip first. Also, something more needs to be done to prevent shipmaster, decimus, atriox and yap yap dominating too heavily next season- take away glassing and they are still the 4 strongest banished once arbiter has taken this heavy nerf (and banished > unsc), so their most obnoxious powers (spirit support, boundless siphon, atriox’s chosen and cannon fodder) need to be looked at.
Boundless Siphon has already been looked at and nerfed if it gets nerfed anymore Decimus will be a castrated leader.
slight fortification buff and same too infusion. Banished raid =2 points?possibly. Please reduce "please don't shoot me" time, it's terrible in 3s
EiTeNeR wrote:

You need to use a heal on your base. Inferno is fine!
A : You're just wrong.B : And this is proposed as a way to get helldrop back.
Anything to improve Cyclops is more than well received... I feel Hunter are better now. And they should be pretty much in the same spot. Not sure if I am right, but I feel in this way. Cyclops is my favorite unit.
Hold the phone.
Removing ability to stack duration of CoR? What?
Doesn't that break his whole kit???
#Don'tKillArbiter
Kill Arbiter
Banished leader powers are Super Over powered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like the unsc leaders are nothing compare to banished. They get the extra health and everything. Make UNSC great!! Give them love.air is still over powered wolverines do nothing. Still. Vulture spam is ridiculous. And sooo much more. Love the game but its so broken it's not even funny
Id like to see some carpet bomb buffs its fairly weak compared to banished alternative
Hold the phone.
Removing ability to stack duration of CoR? What?
Doesn't that break his whole kit???
#Don'tKillArbiter
Thank you...these ppl have no idea what they are doing
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8