Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Season 11 Tier List

OP Bauer8056

Why isn't there any thread like this yet.

I'm looking for more qualified opinions than mine, but as for me,

Dumb tier: Anders
S tier: Voridus?????? Need to see more.
AAA Tier: Atriox, Jerome
AA Tier: Shippu
A Tier: Everybody else
Gods:
Ship, Pav, Deci, Arby

Warriors:
Anders, Colony, Trox, Jerome, Kinsano, Yap

Servants:
Forge, Cutter, Vori, Johny, Ice -Yoink-

Trash:
Izzy

Thats my early opinion.
To good tier : anders, arby, pavium
Nearly balanced tier : serina, voridus, atriox, shipy, jerome, forge, deci, yap, johnson, cutter, colony, kinsano
Need a bit help tier: isabel
I think every leader is viable atm, but of course there are some room for improvement. Pav needs his burnout nerf, arby need an enforcer or a stasis nerf, serina slows vehicles too much and her frozen areas are to big beside that she needs her frost hogs, anders need her Sentinel network nerf and a speed reduction for her retriever, forge should have a longer cooldown for his vehicle drop, johnson needs his colossus nerf, ship needs a displacment nerf, isabel needs a stronger shield for her tanks and maybe a buff to her accelerate assembly and kinsano's hero needs a health nerf.

Well every hero in this game should get a big shield nerf.
In my opinion at least :)
Thanks for reading
Have a nice day
I think Pav is the most op leader all around, slightly above Anders and Jerome who are bonkers vs Banished, especially Jerome. The rest is pretty much balanced I'd say, with minor tweaks needed here and there.
Broken: Jerome

High: Forge, Anders, Voridus, Atriox, Arbiter, Colony, Isabel, Shipmaster, Pavium

Mid: Kinsano, YapYap, Johnson, Cutter, Decimus

Low: Serina

Only difference from my prediction is I moved Cutter down to mid.

High: Forge, Anders, Voridus, Atriox, Arbiter, Colony, Isabel, Shipmaster, Pavium

Why is Jerome sooo high on your list? Whats exactly makes him more broken than Anders?
LoA neo2 wrote:

Why is Jerome sooo high on your list? Whats exactly makes him more broken than Anders?
Well i guess because of his hero, enduring salvo and motivation.
He has the strongest hero opener and as banished it's extremely difficult to take down his hero, the only exception could be voridus and deci.
AcE Hisoka wrote:
LoA neo2 wrote:

He has the strongest hero opener and as banished it's extremely difficult to take down his hero, the only exception could be voridus and deci.
I still don't know if the inspire mechanics of Jerome stack.

For example Marines: If TFH is active, they stand next to the Hero and I throw Enduring Salvo on Top of them, will there be an 12% buff EVERY time or ist it always just ONE buff? If its only one buff then I don't see why he is stronger than Anders.

Think about this: Anders can go Grenade-Marines, Hijack-Spartan and Inf-Upgrade I for 550 Power very fast. Jerome would need to spend 1200 to keep up and it takes much more time. So Anders will hit Tech 2 much faster and will have Rocket-Douglas, Gales and CTs before 6-7 Minute mark. And then comes Sentinel Network...

How is Jerome supposed to keep up?
LoA neo2 wrote:
AcE Hisoka wrote:
LoA neo2 wrote:

I still don't know if the inspire mechanics of Jerome stack.

For example Marines: If TFH is active, they stand next to the Hero and I throw Enduring Salvo on Top of them, will there be an 12% buff EVERY time or ist it always just ONE buff? If its only one buff then I don't see why he is stronger than Anders.

Think about this: Anders can go Grenade-Marines, Hijack-Spartan and Inf-Upgrade I for 550 Power very fast. Jerome would need to spend 1200 to keep up and it takes much more time. So Anders will hit Tech 2 much faster and will have Rocket-Douglas, Gales and CTs before 6-7 Minute mark. And then comes Sentinel Network...

How is Jerome supposed to keep up?
Can't say if the inspire abilites stack. Regardless, Jerome is still more dangerous than Anders.

Banished can counter Douglas + Marines with Mass Grunts + Mines and/or Jump Pack Brutes into Suicide Grunts. It's tough because you need good micro and you'll still lose a lot but it's doable.

Jerome on the other hand can kite your army forever. His infantry is fast and can easily outrun the slower Banished infantry, on top of getting a damage and defense buff.
1-2 Snipers + Jerome negate Suicide Grunts so you can:t use them either.
Even if you somehow manage to kill the hero, he'll ne on the battlefield in 30secs again while you'll probably don't have many units left.

It doesn't matter at this point that his opener is very power hungry. He'll just get map control and stay on the defense while slowly building up an army of mastodons that'll steamroll anything you'll throw at him at this point.
I will never understand why people still list Arby as God tier or even on the same level as Anders/Jerome. Never will understand Decimus as mid tier. He naturally has the best units in the game and two leaders, WHO NOW HAVE SIPHON AGAIN. Also listing Isabel higher than Serina? Why would anyone pick Isabel over Forge, Anders, or Jerome? Or even Johnson? Cutter is still good but he will lose to Forge now more. Really need to change the armor type on Kodiaks to be weaker vs Air and AV. Cyclops should get their HP reverted back to the 20% buff and a slight speed and range increase.
LoA neo2 wrote:
The Hero and Salvo. If you play with or against it you will see how monumentally strong the buffs made him.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
LoA neo2 wrote:

-One of the best hero units in the game, can survive and cheese his way out of anything, but your hero and units can't flee from tracking rockets
-LOS is actually important so Recon Training lets you kite endlessly and do more damage overall
-Inspire (which you pretty much will always have on your units) gives arbitrary buffs and can be buffed even further
-Enduring Salvo got the glassing beam treatment
-APCs are the best units in the game, less effective with the CT nerf but still godly
LoA neo2 wrote:

-One of the best hero units in the game, can survive and cheese his way out of anything, but your hero and units can't flee from tracking rockets
-LOS is actually important so Recon Training lets you kite endlessly and do more damage overall
-Inspire (which you pretty much will always have on your units) gives arbitrary buffs and can be buffed even further
-Enduring Salvo got the glassing beam treatment
-APCs are the best units in the game, less effective with the CT nerf but still godly
Good Points, but still:

1. It always comes down to the Hero but thats only one unit. Anders can overpower his Hero with quick CT Marines and Rocket-Douglas
2. Nobody skills Recon Training, alomost everyone goes for the Mines instead
3. it seems to me, that nobody really knows how inspire works. is it only one buff or do they add / stack? so people use something they can not really rely on. If I gain Veterancy or (with Anders) fast Upgrades, at least I know for sure which fights I can take and which I can not
4. You can not compare Enduring Salvo to the Beam. The Beam is ridiculously strong and it can chase units. The Salvo is "only" fine though not OP.
5. This contradicts to Point 4, as you need to skill Mastodons at the same time as Salvo. Either you go for Mastodons first and later for a Tier 1 Salvo (a weak Salvo at this point then) or you go for Salvo first and get the Mastodons later, when the viability of the carried infantry decreases by every minute. In my Opinion you need to decide: Skillpoint 3 + 4 for Salvo or go for Mastodons.

You see, Jerome has strong options at first glance but in their practical use he is limited, by skill point decicions and by his ressources. As Anders its easy, just go R&D and steamroll with superior infantry.