1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
Hey everyone,

[Update - Now Live]

We are working towards having balance tweaks come in a more often with a smaller group of changes in patches, instead of the current system where it's a larger patch included with a new Season and a mid-season patch. With the transition to this kind of cadence moving forward, not all issues people call out will be addressed immediately, but we will hopefully be able to address bigger issues quicker, instead of you all having long wait or the need for a hotfix.

Please review the notes below and keep discussion civil around them. Please give input and impressions below.

Patch Notes: [Updated 9/7/2018 1pm PDT]
Artillery
Currently this is hard to deal with, especially in late game, nerfs to Artillery are being made in general to make it less punishing to try and break bases against Siege/Artillery.
  • Cost escalation added to UNSC Siege Turrets
  • Damage reduced against vehicles by 10% for all artillery
UNSC
Scorpions are getting an overall damage buff to help them be more viable in general. Hornets are getting a survivability nerf as well as damage against AA reduced so that AA can be more effective against mass air spam. In addition, the Cyclops is under performing and is receiving a small HP buff for now, this will be watched closely and addressed again as needed.

Scorpion
  • Cannon Damage increased by 14%
Hornet
  • Damage versus Anti-Air units reduced by 7%
  • Health Reduced by 5%
Cyclops
  • Health increased by 5%
Banished
Much like the Scorpion, the Wraith is very underwhelming, so slightly larger buffs are going to them in terms of Damage and survivability. This is to make them more viable in general as well. In addition, a slight reduction in supply cost for Banshees is being made to improve viability in mid-game against infantry comps.

Wraith
  • Base DMG increased by 20%
  • Shield increased by 5%
Banshee
  • Cost reduced from 275/0 to 250/0
Map Resource Crate Fixes
Fixing an issue that has been in since launch, found out it can be resolved through Data instead of an actual scenario change
A couple resource crate positions have been adjusted to address an issue causing units to be unable to gather them on Highway, Rift, and Bedrock.
Leader Specific Changes
Cutter
  • You can now select and move the dropped Cyclops before the animation completes instead of preventing movement.
  • This fix affects both Cyclops Drop and ODST Assault Group
Serina
As part of the nerfs to siege in general, the chill amount that Siege Turrets and Kodiaks apply has also been reduced.
  • Chill Amount reduced on Siege Turrets and Kodiaks by 30%
Voridus
  • Fixed and issue which prevented Blisterback’s from benefiting from Infusion Tech.
Shipmaster
The recent buffs to Elite Rangers caused the Spirit Support drops to over perform. Reduction on the Elite Ranger veterancy has been made.
  • Veterancy on Spirit Support Elite Rangers reduced from 3 to 2
Atriox
Mines dropped by Jump Pack Brutes are over performing. Nerfs to their effectiveness have been made, especially against scout vehicles.
  • Counter Measure Mine daze reduced from 10s to 4s to fall in line with other daze effects
  • Counter Measure Mine damage reduced against scouts by 30%
Thanks,
Wrensi
Excited to have a reason to build tanks again!
I'm not sure if this is a bug but last time I checked, combat tech marines cant heal johnsons bunkers, but still happy to get my infusion blisterbacks back
Hey, this is pretty neat.

Thanks!
Changes look good!
I am glad they are touching siege versus vehicles in particular. This helps give them a use late game.

Great work!
Can we also look at Vehicles not actually moving when stuck in goo lol, like literally cannot move :(
Is there an estimate for when this will go live?

I really like what I’m seeing here overall. Strengthening tanks will definitely change the flow of longer games, and I’m very excited for that. Since CT still does quite a bit to vehicles & destroys air on T2, I’m a bit concerned that CT marines + cyclops will be a bit too effective against vehicles on T2, but that may not be the case.
Busts into great hall panting “ISABEL CALLS FOR AID!!”
wrensi turns and and triumphantly proclaims “AND THE DEVS SHALL ANSWER!”

Lol jk, love this direction though. Still like my idea of t3 air helping t2 anti air in the battle against mass air, but I’ll certainly settle.
Nice patch, glad to see yap didn't get nerfed again.

Keep it up!
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Can we also look at Vehicles not actually moving when stuck in goo lol, like literally cannot move :(
Certainly looking into that issue. haha. Unfortunately it isn't a quick fix.
Neckhammer wrote:
Is there an estimate for when this will go live?

I really like what I’m seeing here overall. Strengthening tanks will definitely change the flow of longer games, and I’m very excited for that. Since CT still does quite a bit to vehicles & destroys air on T2, I’m a bit concerned that CT marines + cyclops will be a bit too effective against vehicles on T2, but that may not be the case.
Hoping to have this go live next week, barring no issues coming up.

I understand the concerns, will definitely be keeping an eye on that stuff.
Wrensi wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Certainly looking into that issue. haha. Unfortunately it isn't a quick fix.
I understand, glad you're working on it :D thanks
Why Anders infinite Ark Defense glitch is still in the game? I see it one game out of 3 since the beginning...
What about AI commands on skirmish I have been what for over a year and they still can do this the news is good but I want the skirmish AI to listen to commands
For a 'small' patch this sure as hell fixes a lot of stuff. Thank you so much.
Leave CT marines alone. They are just fine. They don't trump vehicles like they did pre-August Update. I like these changes. Scorpions always felt underpowered. It was almost more worth it to just stay with t3 Warthogs.
Pumped for the tank army battles to come!
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Serina's ice is worse last I checked. Besides seeing the 300% Forgehog go, this is the best patch in a log time.
Like everything except banshees getting cost reduction due to decimus typically going all banshees most of the time. Im familiar with nerfs of siphon but can still be strong having those passive LPs. Another thing is Mantis units seem to be the ground ball of death that destroy just about everything due to kiting or LPs invulnerability. Additionally can line of sight be considered for teleported or pelican drops? At least pelican drop due to distance it has. Lastly can there be more obstacles to getting mini bases other than good connection, economy, or speed of unit. Like a neutral building that must be destroyed first just spit balling. Overall changes seem to be great keep up the good work.
Like everything except banshees getting cost reduction due to decimus typically going all banshees most of the time. Im familiar with nerfs of siphon but can still be strong having those passive LPs. Another thing is Mantis units seem to be the ground ball of death that destroy just about everything due to kiting or LPs invulnerability. Additionally can line of sight be considered for teleported or pelican drops? At least pelican drop due to distance it has. Lastly can there be more obstacles to getting mini bases other than good connection, economy, or speed of unit. Like a neutral building that must be destroyed first just spit balling. Overall changes seem to be great keep up the good work.
If you think mantis are super strong, then you never played against colossal.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14