Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] September 2018 Balance Patch - Live 9/12

OP Wrensi

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
2v2 and 3v3 champion here, my opinions:
Wrensi wrote:
Wraith
  • Base DMG increased by 20%
  • Shield increased by 5%
Please be careful with buffing Wraiths, there are already much better than Scorpions and the Banished death ball (Wraiths + Reavers + if needed Banshees/Hunters/Rangers) could become out of control, especially with the nerf to Hornets and Artillery.
Wrensi wrote:
Banshee
  • Cost reduced from 275/0 to 250/0
I am sorry, but this is madness. Banshee spam is already a huge problem in team games, especially on large defensive maps with a lot of obstacles and now the nerf to Jump Pack Brute which is the most important rush unit.
With the nerf to Hornets mirroring air spam for UNSC will be less viable, core infantry gets obliterated in late game by aoe leader powers and are too slow, Wolfverines are worse than Reavers, and UNSC have no shield generators to slow down base sniping.
The single balance request I have: keep the combat strength of air units (to keep buffed tanks in check), but significantly reduce their damage against buildings.
Are we ever going to get playable flood?
Or any new content updates?
Are we ever going to get playable flood?
Or any new content updates?
I'd say no and very unlikely. Currently we have only two devs working on the game so new content is highly unlikely.
Busts into great hall panting “ISABEL CALLS FOR AID!!”
wrensi turns and and triumphantly proclaims “AND THE DEVS SHALL ANSWER!”

Lol jk, love this direction though. Still like my idea of t3 air helping t2 anti air in the battle against mass air, but I’ll certainly settle.
with the tank buff, Isabel is going to be amazing.
Hey can isebel get some buffs I’m pretty sure she is underperforming the most.

can close air support also be looked at.

also I disagree with the banshee Changes if anything they should go up to 300/0 or 275/25 instead of decreasing the price to 250/0 to slow down the deci banshee spam he can’t spam and have them fully upgraded if with full pop if they are costing him power to just some thoughts.

Also so I feel as though your about to nerf hornets into the ground if you are giving them weaker then make them cheaper as well if not don’t mess with hornets

or make hornets cost power I’m pretty sure it would be hard to upgrade your stuff if the units your making cost power but it’s just a suggestion

are banshee getting any stat changes to justify the cost drop because they were already effective

also banish infantry poops on unsc infantry so is the Kodiak damage to infantry staying the same?
TBE Reek wrote:
also I disagree with the banshee Changes if anything they should go up to 300/0 or 275/25 instead of decreasing the price to 250/0 to slow down the deci banshee spam he can’t spam and have them fully upgraded if with full pop if they are costing him power to just some thoughts.

Also so I feel as though your about to nerf hornets into the ground if you are giving them weaker then make them cheaper as well if not don’t mess with hornets
Banshees are horrible, Wingman Hornets are overperforming. Why would you want to nerf the bad one and leave the good one as is?
TBE Reek wrote:
also I disagree with the banshee Changes if anything they should go up to 300/0 or 275/25 instead of decreasing the price to 250/0 to slow down the deci banshee spam he can’t spam and have them fully upgraded if with full pop if they are costing him power to just some thoughts.

Also so I feel as though your about to nerf hornets into the ground if you are giving them weaker then make them cheaper as well if not don’t mess with hornets
Banshees are horrible, Wingman Hornets are overperforming. Why would you want to nerf the bad one and leave the good one as is?
Deci banshees are not horrible, and colony banshees are not horrible

but it I can see what your saying but that nerf to hornets will destroy them I would just say let them be less effective against buildings or something but

mind you I’m not a fan of air I rarely go air if I do I don’t spam it
Anders 4th point Sentinal Network being changed back to 5th point is extremely important imo. A game that is even will get completely turned around with that network. Perhaps a tiny look at Jerome is the next step. The things that are being done though look promising.
TBE Reek wrote:
TBE Reek wrote:
also I disagree with the banshee Changes if anything they should go up to 300/0 or 275/25 instead of decreasing the price to 250/0 to slow down the deci banshee spam he can’t spam and have them fully upgraded if with full pop if they are costing him power to just some thoughts.

Also so I feel as though your about to nerf hornets into the ground if you are giving them weaker then make them cheaper as well if not don’t mess with hornets
Banshees are horrible, Wingman Hornets are overperforming. Why would you want to nerf the bad one and leave the good one as is?
Deci banshees are not horrible, and colony banshees are not horrible

but it I can see what your saying but that nerf to hornets will destroy them I would just say let them be less effective against buildings or something but

mind you I’m not a fan of air I rarely go air if I do I don’t spam it
All banshees are horrible until they reach critical mass, close to fill pop where it's hard for AA to keep shooting a target down. In a competitive game, where each player is scouting and attacking appropriately rather than just letting an enemy build up, it is currently very difficult to reach that critical mass. In carefully done tests banshees were shown to severely underperform, and at 275 for 3 pop they turn out to be among the most expensive units in the game.
Seelenwurm wrote:
Wrensi wrote:
Banshee
  • Cost reduced from 275/0 to 250/0
I am sorry, but this is madness. Banshee spam is already a huge problem in team games, especially on large defensive maps with a lot of obstacles and now the nerf to Jump Pack Brute which is the most important rush unit.
With the nerf to Hornets mirroring air spam for UNSC will be less viable, core infantry gets obliterated in late game by aoe leader powers and are too slow, Wolfverines are worse than Reavers, and UNSC have no shield generators to slow down base sniping.
The single balance request I have: keep the combat strength of air units (to keep buffed tanks in check), but significantly reduce their damage against buildings.
Banshees are horrible units. As of now Hornets beat them and they will continue to do so after the patch. Banshees will most likely need more buffs and base Hornets will need to be buffed as well alongside a Wingman nerf. UNSC AA turrets are far better than those of the Banished, and CT will shut down air. There's no reason to be worrying about full pop T3 air when you can end the game in T2.

Banshees are already very low on the building DPS chart, and the Hornet is middle of the road. The goals in terms of balancing air should be making it usable in T2 and bringing Wingman down so that 120 pop Wingman Hornets doesn't beat 90 pop AA.
Any chance the glitch where colony blisterbacks constantly heal but never fully heal when locked into artillery mode will be fixed?
Any chance the glitch where colony blisterbacks constantly heal but never fully heal when locked into artillery mode will be fixed?
I think that's just a visual bug, but not 100% sure.
Any chance the glitch where colony blisterbacks constantly heal but never fully heal when locked into artillery mode will be fixed?
I think that's just a visual bug, but not 100% sure.
Come to think of it I remember this in a scrim super turtle for funzies and this was happening. Theoretically it wouldn’t be a problem, but engineers would constantly heal the wrong unit. Worth someone looking into to make sure I’m wrong, this was a while ago when I noticed it.
I'm concerned about tank buff, I think DPS is great in its current state. I'll admit they do need a slight buff. I would rather see a cost reduction in either each tank or drop the cost of canny.

As for wraths, buff the crap out of em
I'm concerned about tank buff, I think DPS is great in its current state. I'll admit they do need a slight buff. I would rather see a cost reduction in either each tank or drop the cost of canny.

As for wraths, buff the crap out of em
I think wraiths slightly underperform but only because of their cost efficiency; However, they move faster than normal tanks and Banished have the best vehicle killers in the game too so there should be a line cross and 20% is extreme. Unless 343 buffs all t3 against LPs, then i would consider them getting buffed. Because of this, wraiths a generally better not to mention cyclopes litterally are garbage. While wraiths are getting a nasty 20% buff, Cyclopes are getting a por 5%health buff.
I'm concerned about tank buff, I think DPS is great in its current state. I'll admit they do need a slight buff. I would rather see a cost reduction in either each tank or drop the cost of canny.

As for wraths, buff the crap out of em
I think wraiths slightly underperform but only because of their cost efficiency; However, they move faster than normal tanks and Banished have the best vehicle killers in the game too so there should be a line cross and 20% is extreme. Unless 343 buffs all t3 against LPs, then i would consider them getting buffed. Because of this, wraiths a generally better not to mention cyclopes litterally are garbage. While wraiths are getting a nasty 20% buff, Cyclopes are getting a por 5%health buff.
5% of an entire unit's health bar might be more impactful than 20% of a single shot's damage to be fair.
I'm concerned about tank buff, I think DPS is great in its current state. I'll admit they do need a slight buff. I would rather see a cost reduction in either each tank or drop the cost of canny.

As for wraths, buff the crap out of em
I think wraiths slightly underperform but only because of their cost efficiency; However, they move faster than normal tanks and Banished have the best vehicle killers in the game too so there should be a line cross and 20% is extreme. Unless 343 buffs all t3 against LPs, then i would consider them getting buffed. Because of this, wraiths a generally better not to mention cyclopes litterally are garbage. While wraiths are getting a nasty 20% buff, Cyclopes are getting a por 5%health buff.
5% of an entire unit's health bar might be more impactful than 20% of a single shot's damage to be fair.
Ever notice how fast cyclopes die? Wraiths are not great but at least they fight off their counters decently well and losing to CT marines, Air, and other tanks; but Rangers beat CT very well now, Reavers are great AA and Banished have Hunters. This buff is a lot larger than you think. 20 Buff might not be like 300% forgehog but gives Banished a much stronger late game compared to the UNSC.The way I see it, Banished have the best counter circle in the game.
I'm concerned about tank buff, I think DPS is great in its current state. I'll admit they do need a slight buff. I would rather see a cost reduction in either each tank or drop the cost of canny.

As for wraths, buff the crap out of em
I think wraiths slightly underperform but only because of their cost efficiency; However, they move faster than normal tanks and Banished have the best vehicle killers in the game too so there should be a line cross and 20% is extreme. Unless 343 buffs all t3 against LPs, then i would consider them getting buffed. Because of this, wraiths a generally better not to mention cyclopes litterally are garbage. While wraiths are getting a nasty 20% buff, Cyclopes are getting a por 5%health buff.
5% of an entire unit's health bar might be more impactful than 20% of a single shot's damage to be fair.
Ever notice how fast cyclopes die? Wraiths are not great but at least they fight off their counters decently well and losing to CT marines, Air, and other tanks; but Rangers beat CT very well now, Reavers are great AA and Banished have Hunters. This buff is a lot larger than you think. 20 Buff might not be like 300% forgehog but gives Banished a much stronger late game compared to the UNSC.The way I see it, Banished have the best counter circle in the game.
No offense but did you read what I just said? Health bars are bigger numbers than damage numbers. 5% of 100 ends up being a bigger number than 20% of 20. I don't know what the exact values are but I'm sure cyclops would gain more health than wraiths do damage, so it ends up being a better exchange for the cyclops. Especially when you factor in that wraith shots are slow and can be dodged, and that AV armor will mitigate some of the buffed damage.

I'm just saying that a 5% might not necessarily be poor, and that 20% to the wraith's cannon might not be that extreme of an upgrade. Cyclops still might be poop but this could be a good start.
Like everything except banshees getting cost reduction due to decimus typically going all banshees most of the time. Im familiar with nerfs of siphon but can still be strong having those passive LPs. Another thing is Mantis units seem to be the ground ball of death that destroy just about everything due to kiting or LPs invulnerability. Additionally can line of sight be considered for teleported or pelican drops? At least pelican drop due to distance it has. Lastly can there be more obstacles to getting mini bases other than good connection, economy, or speed of unit. Like a neutral building that must be destroyed first just spit balling. Overall changes seem to be great keep up the good work.
If you think mantis are super strong, then you never played against colossal.
I have but their mobility makes it easy to deal with and there are more opportunities than mantis stomp is underused but very powerful. Mantis speed away and do increased damage to painted targets.
I'm concerned about tank buff, I think DPS is great in its current state. I'll admit they do need a slight buff. I would rather see a cost reduction in either each tank or drop the cost of canny.

As for wraths, buff the crap out of em
I think wraiths slightly underperform but only because of their cost efficiency; However, they move faster than normal tanks and Banished have the best vehicle killers in the game too so there should be a line cross and 20% is extreme. Unless 343 buffs all t3 against LPs, then i would consider them getting buffed. Because of this, wraiths a generally better not to mention cyclopes litterally are garbage. While wraiths are getting a nasty 20% buff, Cyclopes are getting a por 5%health buff.
5% of an entire unit's health bar might be more impactful than 20% of a single shot's damage to be fair.
Ever notice how fast cyclopes die? Wraiths are not great but at least they fight off their counters decently well and losing to CT marines, Air, and other tanks; but Rangers beat CT very well now, Reavers are great AA and Banished have Hunters. This buff is a lot larger than you think. 20 Buff might not be like 300% forgehog but gives Banished a much stronger late game compared to the UNSC.The way I see it, Banished have the best counter circle in the game.
No offense but did you read what I just said? Health bars are bigger numbers than damage numbers. 5% of 100 ends up being a bigger number than 20% of 20. I don't know what the exact values are but I'm sure cyclops would gain more health than wraiths do damage, so it ends up being a better exchange for the cyclops. Especially when you factor in that wraith shots are slow and can be dodged, and that AV armor will mitigate some of the buffed damage.

I'm just saying that a 5% might not necessarily be poor, and that 20% to the wraith's cannon might not be that extreme of an upgrade. Cyclops still might be poop but this could be a good start.
I don't think you understood what I said actually. WRAITHS CAN FIGHT OFF OTHER UNITS WHILE CYCLOPES CANT VEHICLES. That 5% is small and that 20% buff for wraiths is very large for how effective it currently is. Try to tell me I don't understand again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14