We are working towards having balance tweaks come in a more often with a smaller group of changes in patches, instead of the current system where it's a larger patch included with a new Season and a mid-season patch. With the transition to this kind of cadence moving forward, not all issues people call out will be addressed immediately, but we will hopefully be able to address bigger issues quicker, instead of you all having long wait or the need for a hotfix.
AtrioxMines dropped by Jump Pack Brutes are over performing. Nerfs to their effectiveness have been made, especially against scout vehicles.
- Counter Measure Mine daze reduced from 10s to 4s to fall in line with other daze effects
- Counter Measure Mine damage reduced against scouts by 30%
Overall it's a solid list. The promise of a quicker return on patched sounds very good indeed. Tanks definitely needed help to make them the end game units they should be and this seems to deliver on that. Fixes for the messed up crate locations and cyclops dropdare very welcome as well. The proposed CM changes are the only ones that I'm worried about. Everything whose is a solid step forward.
I understand that these won't make it for this patch, but these are my current issues not addressed by this patch list:
1. CM still too powerful vs everything. It adds far too much damage, area denial, and overall utility to a unit that is so cheap it can be triple pumped off only a single generator. It needs an overall damage nerf and then further reduction vs scouts.
2. Glassing Beam should be toned down. Glassing Beam 3 is currently banned by all clubs for a reason. It's obscene. I have seen multiple proposals, such as reducing duration to 6 seconds, a longer telegraph to allow for better reaction splits, or just flat DPS nerfs. Most players I have spoken with are okay with straight up removing beam 3 from all leaders (except maybe ship).
3. CT marines still too good vs vehicles. The last patch didn't seem to change up that interaction much. Vehicles don't punish CT marines as well as they should.
4. Cyclops need to do better vs T3 Y ability. This is important given how strong T3 tanks will be. Their abilities shouldn't be capable of erasing their counters as soon as they get into range.
5. Jerome hero too strong. Overall most T3 heroes are ridiculous. Jerome did not require a T1 buff and his performance this season reflects that.
6. Sentinel Network should never be 4th point. Even with the price increase, it is fundamentally still a 5th point ultimate unlocked at the 4th point. It's a massive power spike unparalleled by all other 4th point abilities.
7. Kinsano hero was never addressed. At T2 and above it is far too beefy for how fast it is. I agree that it should be a hit and run hero, capable of running in, using it's Y ability + napalm/inferno/drops, then running away. The problem comes that it is too beefy to take down quickly, meaning there is no punishment for the hit and run hero getting caught. The unit should take a health and shield nerf.
8. Boundless Siphon grunts. These units are surprisingly good. The siphon effect on them should be drastically reduced as they devestatingly beat marauders and hogs pop for pop. It's so bad that they function as a hard counter to hogs. This should definitely get a look at.
Thanks again for the work you and Post put into this game. I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to seeing how this patch turns out.