5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
Elite Enforcers for Shipmaster?
Abumosh wrote:
Tact gateway and a few enforcers sound nasty. I understand enforcers are good with xonduit but they are also good by themselves. Ship is already one of the most dominant leaders in the game and more ways to nerf him should come to mind instead of making drastic changes.
Shawn96 wrote:
Imo the first level of glassing beam is too strong, it can ripoff 70% of a infantry T2 army... I don't mind the upgraded version but the first one is way too powerful.
You think t3 glass is fine but t1 is broken? Teir 1 and 2 are fine where there at. Teir 3 Glassing Beam is where is broken. It deals extremely large amount of damage and you cant run away from it.
Yup but it implies you upgrade it 2 times so it's somewhat normal (and at this point it can be countered by many LP) but as a 3rd power nothing is better than the glassing beam, Forge's bombs, Johnson's EMP or Mac blast are laughable compared to it.
Shawn96 wrote:
Shawn96 wrote:
Imo the first level of glassing beam is too strong, it can ripoff 70% of a infantry T2 army... I don't mind the upgraded version but the first one is way too powerful.
You think t3 glass is fine but t1 is broken? Teir 1 and 2 are fine where there at. Teir 3 Glassing Beam is where is broken. It deals extremely large amount of damage and you cant run away from it.
Yup but it implies you upgrade it 2 times so it's somewhat normal (and at this point it can be countered by many LP) but as a 3rd power nothing is better than the glassing beam, Forge's bombs, Johnson's EMP or Mac blast are laughable compared to it.
Pavium Y and Rain of Fire is scary when you find you cant move your army out. Scatter Bombs are also scary too as the game lags and prevents your units from moving out of it. Glassing Beam is not the only ability that is really strong, it's just strong enough for noobs to think teir 1 and 2 is also broken when trying to move their army ball out without micro.
Cool, maybe I'll have to check out HW2 again.
Wrensi wrote:
Hey everyone,

We are working towards having balance tweaks come in a more often with a smaller group of changes in patches, instead of the current system where it's a larger patch included with a new Season and a mid-season patch. With the transition to this kind of cadence moving forward, not all issues people call out will be addressed immediately, but we will hopefully be able to address bigger issues quicker, instead of you all having long wait or the need for a hotfix.

AtrioxMines dropped by Jump Pack Brutes are over performing. Nerfs to their effectiveness have been made, especially against scout vehicles.
  • Counter Measure Mine daze reduced from 10s to 4s to fall in line with other daze effects
  • Counter Measure Mine damage reduced against scouts by 30%
Thanks,
Wrensi
Hey Wrensi.

Overall it's a solid list. The promise of a quicker return on patched sounds very good indeed. Tanks definitely needed help to make them the end game units they should be and this seems to deliver on that. Fixes for the messed up crate locations and cyclops dropdare very welcome as well. The proposed CM changes are the only ones that I'm worried about. Everything whose is a solid step forward.

I understand that these won't make it for this patch, but these are my current issues not addressed by this patch list:

1. CM still too powerful vs everything. It adds far too much damage, area denial, and overall utility to a unit that is so cheap it can be triple pumped off only a single generator. It needs an overall damage nerf and then further reduction vs scouts.

2. Glassing Beam should be toned down. Glassing Beam 3 is currently banned by all clubs for a reason. It's obscene. I have seen multiple proposals, such as reducing duration to 6 seconds, a longer telegraph to allow for better reaction splits, or just flat DPS nerfs. Most players I have spoken with are okay with straight up removing beam 3 from all leaders (except maybe ship).

3. CT marines still too good vs vehicles. The last patch didn't seem to change up that interaction much. Vehicles don't punish CT marines as well as they should.

4. Cyclops need to do better vs T3 Y ability. This is important given how strong T3 tanks will be. Their abilities shouldn't be capable of erasing their counters as soon as they get into range.

5. Jerome hero too strong. Overall most T3 heroes are ridiculous. Jerome did not require a T1 buff and his performance this season reflects that.

6. Sentinel Network should never be 4th point. Even with the price increase, it is fundamentally still a 5th point ultimate unlocked at the 4th point. It's a massive power spike unparalleled by all other 4th point abilities.

7. Kinsano hero was never addressed. At T2 and above it is far too beefy for how fast it is. I agree that it should be a hot and run hero, capable of running in, using it's Y ability + napalm/inferno/drops, then running away. The problem comes that it is too beefy to take down quickly, meaning there is no punishment for the hit and run hero getting caught. The unit should take a health and shield nerf.

8. Boundless Siphon grunts. These units are surprisingly good. The siphon effect on them should be drastically reduced as they devestatingly beat marauders and hogs pop for pop. It's so bad that they function as a hard counter to hogs. This should definitely get a look at.

Thanks again for the work you and Post put into this game. I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to seeing how this patch turns out.
Perfect summary of what's needed
BoneShaman wrote:
Wrensi wrote:
Hey everyone,

We are working towards having balance tweaks come in a more often with a smaller group of changes in patches, instead of the current system where it's a larger patch included with a new Season and a mid-season patch. With the transition to this kind of cadence moving forward, not all issues people call out will be addressed immediately, but we will hopefully be able to address bigger issues quicker, instead of you all having long wait or the need for a hotfix.

AtrioxMines dropped by Jump Pack Brutes are over performing. Nerfs to their effectiveness have been made, especially against scout vehicles.
  • Counter Measure Mine daze reduced from 10s to 4s to fall in line with other daze effects
  • Counter Measure Mine damage reduced against scouts by 30%
Thanks,
Wrensi
Hey Wrensi.

Overall it's a solid list. The promise of a quicker return on patched sounds very good indeed. Tanks definitely needed help to make them the end game units they should be and this seems to deliver on that. Fixes for the messed up crate locations and cyclops dropdare very welcome as well. The proposed CM changes are the only ones that I'm worried about. Everything whose is a solid step forward.

I understand that these won't make it for this patch, but these are my current issues not addressed by this patch list:

1. CM still too powerful vs everything. It adds far too much damage, area denial, and overall utility to a unit that is so cheap it can be triple pumped off only a single generator. It needs an overall damage nerf and then further reduction vs scouts.

2. Glassing Beam should be toned down. Glassing Beam 3 is currently banned by all clubs for a reason. It's obscene. I have seen multiple proposals, such as reducing duration to 6 seconds, a longer telegraph to allow for better reaction splits, or just flat DPS nerfs. Most players I have spoken with are okay with straight up removing beam 3 from all leaders (except maybe ship).

3. CT marines still too good vs vehicles. The last patch didn't seem to change up that interaction much. Vehicles don't punish CT marines as well as they should.

4. Cyclops need to do better vs T3 Y ability. This is important given how strong T3 tanks will be. Their abilities shouldn't be capable of erasing their counters as soon as they get into range.

5. Jerome hero too strong. Overall most T3 heroes are ridiculous. Jerome did not require a T1 buff and his performance this season reflects that.

6. Sentinel Network should never be 4th point. Even with the price increase, it is fundamentally still a 5th point ultimate unlocked at the 4th point. It's a massive power spike unparalleled by all other 4th point abilities.

7. Kinsano hero was never addressed. At T2 and above it is far too beefy for how fast it is. I agree that it should be a hot and run hero, capable of running in, using it's Y ability + napalm/inferno/drops, then running away. The problem comes that it is too beefy to take down quickly, meaning there is no punishment for the hit and run hero getting caught. The unit should take a health and shield nerf.

8. Boundless Siphon grunts. These units are surprisingly good. The siphon effect on them should be drastically reduced as they devestatingly beat marauders and hogs pop for pop. It's so bad that they function as a hard counter to hogs. This should definitely get a look at.

Thanks again for the work you and Post put into this game. I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to seeing how this patch turns out.
Perfect summary of what's needed
I perfectly agree with everything...
Shawn96 wrote:
Shawn96 wrote:
Pavium Y and Rain of Fire is scary when you find you cant move your army out. Scatter Bombs are also scary too as the game lags and prevents your units from moving out of it. Glassing Beam is not the only ability that is really strong, it's just strong enough for noobs to think teir 1 and 2 is also broken when trying to move their army ball out without micro.
Weren’t most of those bugs already fixed?
It’s obvious that the team was very careful with these changes.

I can’t wait to see how the game feels after they’re implemented!
good job guys, step by step to the perfect balance.

This post has been hidden.

Shawn96 wrote:
Shawn96 wrote:
Nothing is normal about having your army ripped to shreds because you can’t micro out of a glassing beam teir 3 Glassing beam is a really cheap leader power and for teir 3 to be that strong is crazy it’s just a cheaper and more effective eradication at teir 3 which shouldn’t be because eradication is a ultimate lp
glassing beam most cost effective lp
343 please get rid of all lp that would require 3 lp to be fully ungraded limit it down to two
Do we know when this goes live and if this is all the changes, cause you know...

Jerome.

And I still think glassing is a bit too strong, even at t1, because of infantry models, but not gonna fight that fight here.
Wrensi wrote:
Please take more care to the game ,is dying además more héroes more things fixes and equilibrate more heroes
Wraith buff seems a little excessive, especially in comparison to the Scorpion buff. Not sure how I feel about Banshee cost decrease. Was kinda hoping for a Vulture buff and more tweaks to glassing beam/boundless siphon. Cyclops will need more of a buff now that tanks are getting buffed substantially, but otherwise things are looking good.
No Blisterback range buff? Shame. Happy with everything else though.
Hey all,

This patch is now live. Let me know if you find any issues.

Also, your feedback on this thread is not ignored. Definitely taking it into account with the upcoming patches and apologies if it takes a couple to be addressed.

Thanks,
Wrensi
Wrensi wrote:
Hey all,

This patch is now live. Let me know if you find any issues.

Also, your feedback on this thread is not ignored. Definitely taking it into account with the upcoming patches and apologies if it takes a couple to be addressed.

Thanks,
Wrensi
Hey Great patch thanks
Abumosh wrote:
Tact gateway and a few enforcers sound nasty. I understand enforcers are good with xonduit but they are also good by themselves. Ship is already one of the most dominant leaders in the game and more ways to nerf him should come to mind instead of making drastic changes.
How about enforcers for Ship, but no GB III then? Or slightly reduce tele range to not make it an "OP" rush strategy?
So after doing some tests with this cool new patch; I noticed a few things. Tanks are absolutely amazing, so amazing that they manage to be able to beat grizzlies pop for pop which is unfortunate due to grizzlies being super slow. The wraiths vs tanks is actually very close which is really cool; but their huge buff and zero love to the grizzlies make grizzlies bad. Hunters with their upgrade can beat scorpians, tanks and grizzlies decisively, but cyclops do not. Cyclops got a slight health buff but I feel like they needed a bit more than that. Izzy scorpians might be extremely strong late game but I don't know that yet; all I know is that Wraiths and Scorpians are really awesome now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9