Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Serina and how to balance (from a serina player)

OP T1g3rs65

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Tribunate wrote:
Reduce time of freezing and remove some of the snow/frost visuals, it's annoying.
You're right about the visuals, I couldn't put a finger on what bothered me about her but I think this is it.
lol "from a Serina main"
I'm a Yapyap main and have some complaints about his abilities too. Is it too early to post?
Lol Guys, I have full intent to be a Serina main. She fits my playstyle and is really the only UNSC leader to do so. Before her I just bounced between alot of leaders.
She's been out for like a day. How do you become a main in a day?
Coming from a Flood Main.

1. Make the Flood playable
2. Make the Flood playable
3. Make the Flood playable
4. Are they playable yet?
5. Bring back the Pestilence aura so I can infect your units and not have to micro.
In today's society you can be whatever you want everyday lol but not really the point of the thread she is who I play and intend on playing as she is now the only UNSC that fits my playstyle.
Coming from a Flood Main.

1. Make the Flood playable
2. Make the Flood playable
3. Make the Flood playable
4. Are they playable yet?
5. Bring back the Pestilence aura so I can infect your units and not have to micro.
Nope 😂
T1g3rs65 wrote:
I JG Fox I wrote:
1 no you should increase distance of ice barriers away from buildings. Leave other powers and units alone.
2 if you do that it won't change any thing 1st point crying troopers and nodes 2nd point turrets? No one would get the 2nd point anyway. Just leave that point alone.
3 fix ice barriers and this won't be a issue
4 as in ice barriers exploit this is the 3rd time mentioning this. If not please specify.
5 no bison is fine for now that can wait till next month when we have more time to test.

Early game matters more then any other part. If a leader cannot be aggressive early then that leader cannot take/maintain map control. No map control you lose. Defensive playstyle is not viable in this game. What you unintentionally asking is to kill her where no one will play her. That would be a no, the only change for now is #1 on this list.
1. Was to reduce the bison rush mainly
2. Obviously said I wasn't sold on that idea
3. It still will be because of bison rush
4. First time mentioning
5. Wheels and graphics don't work how long do you need to test that.

I never stated she should do nothing. Defense as in protect and keep map control while supporting your team. You can do all that without exploiting and bison rushing.
Your scared of a bison rush. -.- Can it make it across the map and to your base and still be early enough to call that a rush? My apologies for misunderstanding 3 and 5
I JG Fox I wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
I JG Fox I wrote:
1 no you should increase distance of ice barriers away from buildings. Leave other powers and units alone.
2 if you do that it won't change any thing 1st point crying troopers and nodes 2nd point turrets? No one would get the 2nd point anyway. Just leave that point alone.
3 fix ice barriers and this won't be a issue
4 as in ice barriers exploit this is the 3rd time mentioning this. If not please specify.
5 no bison is fine for now that can wait till next month when we have more time to test.

Early game matters more then any other part. If a leader cannot be aggressive early then that leader cannot take/maintain map control. No map control you lose. Defensive playstyle is not viable in this game. What you unintentionally asking is to kill her where no one will play her. That would be a no, the only change for now is #1 on this list.
1. Was to reduce the bison rush mainly
2. Obviously said I wasn't sold on that idea
3. It still will be because of bison rush
4. First time mentioning
5. Wheels and graphics don't work how long do you need to test that.

I never stated she should do nothing. Defense as in protect and keep map control while supporting your team. You can do all that without exploiting and bison rushing.
Your scared of a bison rush. -.- Can it make it across the map and to your base and still be early enough to call that a rush? My apologies for misunderstanding 3 and 5
Not scared I play serina so it doesn't affect me. It's just a cheesy stat because you're opponent can't make units effectively while you just pump out more.

Yes you can have a bison out before 3 mins and locked on base well before 5 mins watch btc if you don't think its possible.
My god I don't even play as her and I don't understand why everyone's wants her T2 power turned to garbage. All it does is give cryotroopers an aura and shield. News flash. Turrets and snipers destroy them early game. Suicide grunts do damage as well. Choppers and jack rabbits kill them. Almost every hero with ranged attacked kills them.

#2. The frost on power nodes, get over it. Does nothing except slow down someone going through it. U should avoid power nodes that u don't have because enemy can see u anyways. Just grab the node back, problem solved.

#3. No one builds kodiaks. Kodiaks and siege turrets are T2 and expensive. If someone built 4 siege turrets and kodiaks, planes slaughter them. Even regular turrets, u have to load up on resources in order to buy them.

Like let's stop complaining about a leader power that's not even that strong. I have not lost a match against her. T1 power of ice bricks, walk away from them. Problem solved. You guys act like it's vortex which decimates entire army. This T2 power would be useless mid to late game. I usually have way too much power late game. No one builds hellbringers or cryotroopers late game, and siege turrets and kodiaks are barely used. Geez, every thread is someone complaining about her T2 power and it's not even amazing. It's borderline just OK.
VENOM ACR wrote:
My god I don't even play as her and I don't understand why everyone's wants her T2 power turned to garbage. All it does is give cryotroopers an aura and shield. News flash. Turrets and snipers destroy them early game. Suicide grunts do damage as well. Choppers and jack rabbits kill them. Almost every hero with ranged attacked kills them.

#2. The frost on power nodes, get over it. Does nothing except slow down someone going through it. U should avoid power nodes that u don't have because enemy can see u anyways. Just grab the node back, problem solved.

#3. No one builds kodiaks. Kodiaks and siege turrets are T2 and expensive. If someone built 4 siege turrets and kodiaks, planes slaughter them. Even regular turrets, u have to load up on resources in order to buy them.

Like let's stop complaining about a leader power that's not even that strong. I have not lost a match against her. T1 power of ice bricks, walk away from them. Problem solved. You guys act like it's vortex which decimates entire army. This T2 power would be useless mid to late game. I usually have way too much power late game. No one builds hellbringers or cryotroopers late game, and siege turrets and kodiaks are barely used. Geez, every thread is someone complaining about her T2 power and it's not even amazing. It's borderline just OK.
Not complaining I have said I'm not sold on it because I agree with you. But I would prefer that to be nerfed then her freezing powers to units. I don't want her to become trash
Serina main? She hasnt even been out a week. lol
YONG JAMES wrote:
Serina main? She hasnt even been out a week. lol
Ppl were saying they were maining arbiter before his powers were even announced and that's not what this thread is about I like her playstyle different then all the other UNSC it doesn't take me a month to know I like something
T1g3rs65 wrote:
lol "from a Serina main"
I'm a Yapyap main and have some complaints about his abilities too. Is it too early to post?
Lol Guys, I have full intent to be a Serina main. She fits my playstyle and is really the only UNSC leader to do so. Before her I just bounced between alot of leaders.
Its cool dude we are just clowning you. Usually people are using a character for multiple seasons before they declare them to be a main. Dont get too distracted by the jokes. :o)
T1g3rs65 wrote:
lol "from a Serina main"
Its cool dude we are just clowning you. Usually people are using a character for multiple seasons before they declare them to be a main. Dont get too distracted by the jokes. :o)
I just don't want the thread to be locked for being off topic and not productive
you deploy the ice cream truck and see it pulverize everything, thats how
lol "from a Serina main"
bwahahahaa yes this comment should not be a thing yet......
hey aren't you the one that sent me the hate mail... "that ice cream truck is obnoxious" lol small world
Does any other leader have a stronger early game for map control then Serina right now? I think her passive alone defeats all other efforts.
Anvil Rounds currently guarantee early map control, I don't think Serina's ice holds up to it.
Serina sadly beats forge pretty bad
I JG Fox I wrote:
Does any other leader have a stronger early game for map control then Serina right now? I think her passive alone defeats all other efforts.
Anvil Rounds currently guarantee early map control, I don't think Serina's ice holds up to it.
With or without base freezing?
I JG Fox I wrote:
I just beat Almirante as serina. he was doing the exploit too. He messed it up a bit though and gave me an opening to take control.
I JG Fox I wrote:
With or without base freezing?
well i just won against almirante with it. The base freezing is super damn obnoxious even if not done as badly as it could be. Its still broken id say. But without it i dont think she beats forge badly.....
Discussion over. The Serina main has spoken.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5