Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Serina and how to balance (from a serina player)

OP T1g3rs65

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Platinum/ blitz/ Serena is weak...
T1g3rs65 wrote:
1. Significantly reduce freezing to buildings
2. Split Cryo Advances (first point for ice auras and icebringers and second for siege turret) [maybe I'm not sold on this one]3. Reduce unit construction penalties to frozen bases
4. Remove the exploit.
5. (most important) Nerf the Bison's wheels they turn so fast you can't even tell that there turning

They Imo should focus on reducing her rushing and base freezing potential while leaving her anti-rushing and defensive playstyle alone. A purely defensive leader like her should not be good at rushing at all and in general not good at destroying bases. She should be protecting her allies and supporting them when necessary. (she is unique in this nature)

(I play Serena I like her alot by far my favorite but her rushing potential and exploit potential will most likely end up getting her defensive nature nerfed into Isabel)
well guess what im a yapyap main and i say yap yap is way to op and needs a nerf now its grunt mech one shots bases
T1g3rs65 wrote:
2. Split Cryo Advances (first point for ice auras and icebringers and second for siege turret) [maybe I'm not sold on this one]3. Reduce unit construction penalties to frozen bases
4. Remove the exploit.
5. (most important) Nerf the Bison's wheels they turn so fast you can't even tell that there turning

They Imo should focus on reducing her rushing and base freezing potential while leaving her anti-rushing and defensive playstyle alone. A purely defensive leader like her should not be good at rushing at all and in general not good at destroying bases. She should be protecting her allies and supporting them when necessary. (she is unique in this nature)

(I play Serena I like her alot by far my favorite but her rushing potential and exploit potential will most likely end up getting her defensive nature nerfed into Isabel)
well guess what im a yapyap main and i say yap yap is way to op and needs a nerf now its grunt mech one shots bases
Not the point of this thread stay on topic Im trying to suggest fixes without destroying the leader. Otherwise there just going to go crazy and leave her useless.
T1g3rs65 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
4. Remove the exploit.

Not the point of this thread stay on topic Im trying to suggest fixes without destroying the leader. Otherwise there just going to go crazy and leave her useless.
But we thought you where a serina main what happened to the title
Fear1631 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
4. Remove the exploit.

Tired of all the unorginal trolls
But in all honesty I have had no problems dealing with serina or forge hog this season so I'm lost on this. I had a 2v2 last night that I killed both of the other teams fridges and cryobringers by myself clearing my allies base also. All of serina special units lose to there counter-parts. The freezeing is her thing it not fast with a singular unit you need multiple to truly make it shine. Without the right macro her true damage potential is severely lacking. Scouting and or just predicting the enemy playing her is pretty easy to counter them due to the fact you know it's coming.
T1g3rs65 wrote:
4. Remove the exploit.

The costs and cooldowns of her leader powers need to be altered as well as of right now the cryo blast combos costs 500 of each I believe and has a decently fast cooldown. Maybe increase the cost of cryo drop too because it also drops three seismic blasts but other than those things and what you mentioned she's fine. Oh and a smaller range for the Bisons Y ability not significantly but a tad bit smaller
on the subject of her i think everyone should just chill. stop being so cold on the subject. i know its down to her that the xbox has long freezes but we have to remain ice cool. and hope were not dead when normal service assumes
T1g3rs65 wrote:
Fear1631 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
4. Remove the exploit.

but why did u call urself a serina main?
T1g3rs65 wrote:
Fear1631 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
4. Remove the exploit.

Because I am and intend to use her for now on. She is the last unsc leader and the only one I enjoy playing its not that hard to wrap your head around.
the only cheese i have noticed with serina so far is her ice bergs that drop shouldnt freeze rival bases, also when the hero is depoloyed it shouldn't freeze rival bases either, i think if they get rid of that they'll be fine, but keep ice bergs able to spawn by your own base cause they are good for defense i dont think they were intended to be as offensive weapons like many use
T1g3rs65 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
Fear1631 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
4. Remove the exploit.

Because I am and intend to use her for now on. She is the last unsc leader and the only one I enjoy playing its not that hard to wrap your head around.
it is cause she came out last week
I feel she's most vulnerable when playing against covenant players, she's powerful but for her to use her power she needs a lot of resources and she is also really weak to a strong air attack because her bonus units can't (if not, struggle) to attack air units. I've had entire armies wiped out in seconds because of a quick air attack. And the counter to her rushing is to build snipers in the early game - good players can counter her, other wise I'd be winning every single game I had with her. She's a challenge but it isn't impossible, I don't think she needs a nerf.
I feel she's most vulnerable when playing against covenant players, she's powerful but for her to use her power she needs a lot of resources and she is also really weak to a strong air attack because her bonus units can't (if not, struggle) to attack air units. I've had entire armies wiped out in seconds because of a quick air attack. And the counter to her rushing is to build snipers in the early game - good players can counter her, other wise I'd be winning every single game I had with her. She's a challenge but it isn't impossible, I don't think she needs a nerf.
I think she can be countered in 3 v 3 because you have teammates to help out. But in 1 v 1, near the 3 min mark, you can't build anything if she drops those ice barriers at your base. They will slow your economy to a crawl so forget snipers. Her ability in solo games to freeze a base is way OP. So yes, something needs to be done about that.
Hey look at that! He changed the title to not be "from a Serina Main" to a "Serina Player"!
Good on you OP!
Hey look at that! He changed the title to not be "from a Serina Main" to a "Serina Player"!
Good on you OP!
If your not going to contribute to the thread please don't reply. I changed it to keep trolls like you off my thread.

This is here for 343 to decide on balance decision not for you to decide if its practical for me to say I am Maining a leader that's powers are based off the leader I mained in the first game.
Hmm i have to say after reading that you can drop her ice blocks close enough to a main base to freeze i tried it just to see, simply because i know leader powers structures cant be dropped near a base. I couldnt even get it close enough to freeze anything except turrets and units that come out. Unless there is something major im missing. Not to mention her freeze is super slow. unless you have mass frost ravens or cryo guys. then her bison is pretty much toast if anything looks at it. While it can take out a base without troops alone, the other heroes can do the same thing.
Hmm i have to say after reading that you can drop her ice blocks close enough to a main base to freeze i tried it just to see, simply because i know leader powers structures cant be dropped near a base. I couldnt even get it close enough to freeze anything except turrets and units that come out. Unless there is something major im missing. Not to mention her freeze is super slow. unless you have mass frost ravens or cryo guys. then her bison is pretty much toast if anything looks at it. While it can take out a base without troops alone, the other heroes can do the same thing.
no one is mentioning air doesnt freeze, if the newbs tried air against serina maybe they wouldnt be as frustrated as they are, although a couple leader powers can freeze the air, but the hero can not, and the hero is the muscle to serinas package
no one is mentioning air doesnt freeze, if the newbs tried air against serina maybe they wouldnt be as frustrated as they are, although a couple leader powers can freeze the air, but the hero can not, and the hero is the muscle to serinas package
yeah air dominates her, unless your using it yourself. the cryo bomb is her best ability coupled with seismic strike, the blizzard freeze's too slowly unless coupled with other freezing units.
Serina needs a nerf to her rush defense capabilities. It's at a point in 3's where you can't rush a team that has a Serina because she'll just skate over with her Bison, drop ice and then stomp your units.

If you start off with a Cryo-Flamers/Hero build, you can singlehandedly hold off of a 2 man rush. -Yoink- is straight ridiculous.

Another thing I hate is her turtling. You can't even attack her by yourself without using an ally as fodder. Any ground troops get insta-killed by her leader abilities. I had an army of Banshees, Wraiths, Locusts, Engineers and more and still got wiped by her just for my Forge ally to bulldoze her after she dropped EVERYTHING on me. She was the last one left on her team and still held her own. I am a pretty trash Decimus tho😕
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5