Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Setting us up for disappointment?

OP The Danbox One

So the one thing everyone wants is more maps for this game as 10 is barely any and they are not very diverse. Most people have agreed for a while that they are no longer focusing on halo wars 2 and are instead putting all resources into halo infinite, with Halo Wars 2 being put aside only to receive the odd balance patch. BUT now comes this:

"One piece of feedback that has stuck with us was that players wanted more content for Halo Wars 2. We have heard this and Wrensi, who has been quoted many times of saying “I went to art school,” has been working on something behind the scenes for the Halo Wars 2 community. He and the team can’t wait to show off what they have been working on later this year."

Now while I would love to get excited about the prospect of new maps and maybe even more leaders (but maps ideally) Is it really possible that this is what they are talking about or is it going to be something incredibly disappointing like new menu art or something? Are they falsely getting our hopes up or is it within the realms of believability, given the very few people left working on this game, that his could mean new maps?
Where did you see this?! I would LOVE new maps or maybe bring back the old ones from HW1 with updated graphics
"More Content" does not mean menu changes my friend.
Postums wrote:
Exciting stuff you are talking about here.
Im pumpeddd #hopesarehigh
Postums wrote:
Well I guess I just bought a ticket for the hype train!
Postums wrote:
Let's all remain calm and board the train in an orderly fashion. Hopefully we can get some cool maps.
Postums wrote:
Let's all remain calm and board the train in an orderly fashion. Hopefully we can get some cool maps.
Starting 2019 off right! I hope that with these hints of new content coming later this year, forum activity will increase too :).
I think it is safe to say there is NEW content, coming for Halo wars 2 this year ;)
While Postums did confirm it's not menu art, it's a healthy practice to hope for the best but plan for the worst. Managing expectations is a good way to avoid disappointment.
While Postums did confirm it's not menu art, it's a healthy practice to hope for the best but plan for the worst. Managing expectations is a good way to avoid disappointment.
Blizzard fans found that out early, let's not follow in their footsteps.
Ill be happy if they just get rid of the bad maps like sentry and highway. This game could have been so good if they just had more open maps to play on. Instead we have a lot of tight close quarters choke points and uphill pushes to indestructable fortress bases covered with artillery. I cant think of a single map in this game that has any open areas like hw1 did and it seems like whoever made the maps had way to much fun with the elevation mechanic when designing them.
Ill be happy if they just get rid of the bad maps like sentry and highway. This game could have been so good if they just had more open maps to play on. Instead we have a lot of tight close quarters choke points and uphill pushes to indestructable fortress bases covered with artillery. I cant think of a single map in this game that has any open areas like hw1 did and it seems like whoever made the maps had way to much fun with the elevation mechanic when designing them.
Last thing we need is to get rid of maps...I happen to like those 2 maps, if you don't like them don't play on them.
Last thing we need is to get rid of maps...I happen to like those 2 maps, if you don't like them don't play on them.
I hate highway on3v3
Quoting because I cannot stress how important this is
How the heck do you expect that to happen? With quitting? When maps are picked as random?

"Just don't play on them"

I'm sorry but that is stupid advice.
How the heck do you expect that to happen? With quitting? When maps are picked as random?

"Just don't play on them"

I'm sorry but that is stupid advice.
well I play against A.I so no problems here...one of the downsides of multiplayer I guess. Maybe they could implement a system where everyone can vote for the map they want but I like all the maps and they present different challenges. In real life you don't get the ideal situation all the time in battle. That's the challenge and the fun.
True it is my personal opinion that those maps are terrible, and I was joking about literally removing them from the game. What im saying is more of a complaint about how every map in the game has choke points surrounding every main base. When you start paying attention there really are no flat spots in hw2 at all. The lack of flat, open terrain near your main hase ruins ground play, and makes turtling more anoying than it should be. On sentry there are only 3 directions to attack by land, and all of them are steep up hill choke points with massive walls that give your opponent every defenders advantage they could ever dream of. Games on this map get stalled out to infinite turtling from both sides until one of them resigns or falls asleep and loses at the 2 hour mark. On top of that 90 percent of the map becomes usless to fight around because your actually putting your army in a weaker position the further away from your base you go. I think this encourages sitting ar your base instead of moving out onto the map and fighting. Imagine how fun sentry would be if the elevation on the map was completely inverted. That would certainly make things more interesting to play on. Take the long way for a better high ground position or take the short way to save on time to get to the opponents base.