1. Grunts for energy collection.
2. Reaver for anti-air.
3. Cloaking Field for when you need to hold a position or push towards one. When used, detect units are the priority targets.
4. Suicide Grunts to deploy in the middle of the enemy army for their death bomb.
5. Bloodfuel Locust for it's range and Siphon keyword.
6. Prowling Reaver for additional AA.
7. Prowling Marauder for supplementary damage dealer. I pair it up with the Ironclad Wraith for good damage.
8. Unstable Banshee for an okay AA and being a better more damaging Banshee. Also has the death bomb that suis have when they die.
9. Blisterback for artillery to protect zones.
10. Ironclad Wraith being a more damaging Wraith and the Guard keyword. Pull it back to your home base when it's health gets low.
11. Glassing Beam for being what's basically a maneuverable nuke.
12. Honor Guard for a good melee hero. Can also be used to collect energy while alive, and can be sent into armies with no detect units in it.while his Cloak is active.
Assassin starting army, as the Prowling Marauders and Prowling Reaver you get at the beginning of a match are much better combat units than Ghosts. Keep in mind though that I only play Blitz Firefight, as I don't have Gold.
Can’t tell if you’re a smurf account or just new. Anyways, couple mistakes here that I would like to correct.
1. Use Choppers for energy collection. They’re faster, which allows you to cover more of the map and get more energy. Their ram also does a lot of damage to the canisters and can be used to “snipe” energy.
2. Reaver; check.
3. Cloaking field is a solid ability. Better to kill detect units, then activate it. Rather than the other way around.
4. Really no reason to run Suicide Grunts unless you’re expecting to run into a Johnson player. Since the Teleport fix, they’re not nearly as dangerous. If you are set on running it, use it with a Jump Brute. Drop the Sui, let it die in the center of the enemy, then stun with the Jump Brute.
5. Bloodfuel Locust is risky. Would only recommend using it when you’re ahead and control the ridge.
6. Prowling Reaver is solid. Would only recommend in 1v1, though. Not needed in 2’s and 3’s.
7. Most army comps will have detection. Wouldn’t recommend running Prowling Marauders. Choppers and Prowly Reaver can be used to sneak zones.
8. Don’t run the Unshable Banhsee.
9. Don’t run the Blisterback, especially in 1’s. Can be okay in 2’s and 3’s, but it’s still meh. Locust are better to stack when a head.
10. Ironclad Wraith has its moments, but not a key card. Can be skipped or added, depending on your deck.
11. Don’t use Glassing Beam. There’s no energy return with LP’s like there is with units. Better to use Spirit Assault.
12. Honour Guard isn’t back. Very slept on, IMO. If you have the micro and get the chance to get it out, you can be very annoying with it.
13. Agreed, use the starting army with the Marauder and Reaver. The cloak allows for easy contesting if energy and they offer a higher energy return than the ghosts.