Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Should Leader points be earned on time?

OP ConroeJenkins

I’ve brought this up before.
why should someone gain a leader point faster just cause they take minibases? Build a watch tower or upgrade a turret. Makes no sense to me.

id rather see leader points accumulated on a time interval.
Start with 1 leader power and earn the next one every 3 minutes. This would fix any exploits.

Opinions always welcome on this topic.
I say no.

Building more structures/units is usually an indicator of higher level of play and should be rewarded. Additionally when all is working correctly you can't abuse stuff to get extra exp.
I say no.

Building more structures/units is usually an indicator of higher level of play and should be rewarded. Additionally when all is working correctly you can't abuse stuff to get extra exp.
So a rusher is penalized for not taking mini bases
A fast tech 2 player is punished
The leader point advantage has always been an issue on this game since the beginning.
When Atriox countermeasure mines allowed people to gain experience faster.
Or people who used to take minis destroy them and rebuild them.
people now build watch towers and destroy them and rebuild.
Seems like a time interval would be a much better solution.
I say no.

So a rusher is penalized for not taking mini bases
A fast tech 2 player is punished
The leader point advantage has always been an issue on this game since the beginning.
When Atriox countermeasure mines allowed people to gain experience faster.
Or people who used to take minis destroy them and rebuild them.
people now build watch towers and destroy them and rebuild.
Seems like a time interval would be a much better solution.
The build and recycle glitch will be fixed and no longer be an issue.

Besides, a rusher will have an advantage for building more units and for destroying more units/buildings, the only play style which doesn't benefit is the turtle/tech which has the advantage or higher tech and better defense.
why should someone gain a leader point faster just cause they take minibases? Build a watch tower or upgrade a turret. Makes no sense to me.

Start with 1 leader power and earn the next one every 3 minutes. This would fix any exploits.

In my opinion, I like it the way it is. Building a minibase or re-upgrading turrets takes supplies and in the early game you don't have a whole lot of the stuff. Therefore managing your supplies/power in the early game is key. If they buy a minibase they are probably suffering from a lock of supplies, or at least until the supply pads on the minibase pays for itself. So in trying to get leader points you put yourself in a vulnerable position. So it's not just buy minibases=ALL OF THE LEADER POINTS. There's draw backs such as the huge supply/power deficit you'll put yourself in if you choose to build a minibase and the obvious pros: more supplies in the long run, more build slots, and significant progress towards a leader point.

(While typing this I realized something, it autocorrected "minibase" with "minibus" every time. So now I'm curious. What's a minibus and where can I find one?)
(While typing this I realized something, it autocorrected "minibase" with "minibus" every time. So now I'm curious. What's a minibus and where can I find one?)
It's basically a mini... bus.
It's basically a mini... bus.
And I just facepalmed harder than I ever had in my life. No idea how I missed that
I know player pop might be spread thin already, but what about a playlist with no leader powers.... Only heroes and their powers... Would that even be possible? Also, this is just a "what if" question since I doubt anything like this will be feasible to change going forward...

I think it would be cool if you got them from building and killings things and it told you your progress on it....that or you have to research them to unlock them

I think it would be cool if you got them from building and killings things and it told you your progress on it....that or you have to research them to unlock them
I like that so like when you get tech 2 and 3 you also get a leader point.
yeah something like that but I think it would be a better system if you just buy them from your armory or HQ and same for upgrades