Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Skill Based Leagues & Tournaments for Everyone

OP L1am Wh1te

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello Everyone,

We've been running a discord where you can get involved in regular skill based leagues and tournaments.

Plus we have a special #ask-the-gurus section where we have some of the games best and most knowledgable players to answer your questions for solid game advice.
The bulk of the player base on HW2 are ranked below onyx and we want to try and help improve the skill of this player base by offering tips advise and running friendly competitions.

We have just completed the first season of our 'Champ League' where 20 champ level players battled it out week-by-week to earn points and win the top spot.
We are currently in the process of running tiered leagues for the following so far and will add more as interest grows.
Champ
Onyx
Diamond
Platinum
Gold

Each league will have promotions and relegations at the end of each season. This is solely to help players improve and compete regularly against similar skilled players rather than being mis-matched constantly on the ranked ladder.
We'll be giving feedback on games and help you to see where you went wrong and you could have done better/differently.
We already have over 80% sign ups on our Onyx and Platinum leagues and our Champ 1v1 and 2v2 leagues are full but you can still register for the next season.

If this sounds like something you are interested in please find more info and where you can sign up at our discord.
There are not set times to play games you play them in your own time by reaching out to your opponents and playing all your league games over a 4-6 week period.

Our discord link to join is https://discord.gg/AWMPK5r
343 / Microsoft said there will me official tournaments / like "ARENA MODE" on Xbox / Windows 10.

Still waiting for it, havent seen it so far ingame?
343 / Microsoft said there will me official tournaments / like "ARENA MODE" on Xbox / Windows 10.

They Ran 2 Arena tournaments which weren't really successful so it's unlikely they will as this was 6-8 months ago?

Tournaments are not ran by members of the community like the above.
L1am Wh1te wrote:

They Ran 2 Arena tournaments which weren't really successful so it's unlikely they will as this was 6-8 months ago?

There were no Tournaments on Windows 10.
i thought they will bring fully automated tournaments ingame, where you can just check in and play on weekends for example
L1am Wh1te wrote:

There were no Tournaments on Windows 10.
i thought they will bring fully automated tournaments ingame, where you can just check in and play on weekends for example
Unfortunately not
Can I apply to the gold league plz? I figured out how to build 4 turrets finally so I think I can compete at that level now.
Can I apply to the gold league plz? I figured out how to build 4 turrets finally so I think I can compete at that level now.
Teach me?
I accidentally put you in the Chanp's league, i hope you're going to be ok
L1am Wh1te wrote:
I accidentally put you in the Chanp's league, i hope you're going to be ok
I figured out how to build mega turrets so I'm pretty sure I will be good. Although I am concerned about this "air" thing, I've heard it's op and can even fly over terrain (like wtf OVER TERRAIN).
We need 5 more players to complete the 'Champions League' This is for highly skilled players who have achieved at least top 50 Champ rank on the Ladder.

here's the current Line Up, if your DTF join the discord and sign up https://discord.gg/AWMPK5r
  1. L1am Wh1te
  2. deadeyedecimus
  3. Largopancake40
  4. ROCKGENERATION
  5. Almirante99
  6. Scootman2
  7. Mike BEASTon
  8. Carsandcameras
  9. AgonizedStorm78
  10. admiration
  11. Flame Pieman
  12. o Kw1k o
  13. EODspartan seb
  14. Alikuchuloo
  15. EL HECH1ZERO
Missed the singups :( would like to join next time together with seelenwurm.
Please PM me, if there is another league or onyx league, we would take a spot.
Missed the singups :( would like to join next time together with seelenwurm.
Please PM me, if there is another league or onyx league, we would take a spot.
We have 3-4 teams interested in Onyx 2v2, i'm going to open sign ups on the discord and holefully we get 10 teams. If not sign ups will stay open until we get a minimum of 10 teams
Hello Everyone,

We need 1 more Platinum 1v1 player, 3 more Champ 1v1 players and we've just started a 2v2 Onyx league with 5 teams already signed up. If anybody is interested please register via the discord

https://discord.gg/AWMPK5r
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Hello Everyone,

We need 1 more Platinum 1v1 player, 3 more Champ 1v1 players and we've just started a 2v2 Onyx league with 5 teams already signed up. If anybody is interested please register via the discord

When is the tourny?
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Hello Everyone,

When is the tourny?
It's a league so you play your games whenever over a few weeks.
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Hello Everyone,

When is the tourny?
Hey, it will start when we get a minimum of 10 players in a league.

it's spread over 4-6 weeks to be able to play all your own games with the other players in your own time.

You play everybody in your league twice each game worth 3 points on the leaders board if you win
L1am Wh1te wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Hello Everyone,

When is the tourny?

it's spread over 4-6 weeks to be able to play all your own games with the other players in your own time.

You play everybody in your league twice each game worth 3 points on the leaders board if you win
How much longer is the current leagues have to compete if i joined now and how many players would i face IF i joined now?
L1am Wh1te wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Hello Everyone,

When is the tourny?

How much longer is the current leagues have to compete if i joined now and how many players would i face IF i joined now?
Which league? Onyx has started aleady with 16 players i think.

champ was 18 and 2nd tier champ has 10 players.

plat has 9 players and we have 0 for diamond :( RIP
RIP DIAMOND LEAUGE.
L1am Wh1te wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Hello Everyone,

When is the tourny?

Which league? Onyx has started aleady with 16 players i think.

champ was 18 and 2nd tier champ has 10 players.

plat has 9 players and we have 0 for diamond :( RIP
Plat has not started so ill start there maybe, even out the players in the process, to think there would be more diamond players. Ill talk about joining tomorrow when i get back to town.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2