Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Skins for HW2?

OP Fabian2140

Before HW2 was released they did a campaign on Twitter which was call #TwitterHaloWars (Chat Game). After playing some rounds you received a code for a skin (UNSC Camo Skin).
Halo Wars 2 is out since some time now and I was wondering if anyone has an idea where I could change my skin. Maybe I'm blind or maybe 343 planed to bring skins to HW2 but changed their minds.
Willing to sell this code? Lol jk unless someone's interested😏 but to activate: go to the dashboard and press select on halo wars. Then press ' manage game' go into there and make sure it is installed to the game. Then go into halo wars 2 game menu and go to the options menu. Go to Game options and turn on the Unsc/banished skins!
Willing to sell this code? Lol jk unless someone's interested😏 but to activate: go to the dashboard and press select on halo wars. Then press ' manage game' go into there and make sure it is installed to the game. Then go into halo wars 2 game menu and go to the options menu. Go to Game options and turn on the Unsc/banished skins!
Hmm... that's weird I followed your steps but I still can't it.
When I'm under game options I just can see following:
  • Battle feed
  • Minimap rotation
  • Default zoom
  • Disable ease of access shortcut
Hmm.... Yeah, I had the same issue till I did those steps then it popped up as an option in the menu. But not before that. So going into manage game and going under the instal tab it says the 'paint jobs' is downloaded to the game? If so then it should work and show up in the menu. If not I'd say your game might not be up to date and if it is, then I'd maybe uninstall and reinstall. but before that make sure it's not accidently qued instead of installed. It says it automatically downloads when its available but mine did not. Had to manually do it. Hope this helps!
Hmm.... Yeah, I had the same issue till I did those steps then it popped up as an option in the menu. But not before that. So going into manage game and going under the instal tab it says the 'paint jobs' is downloaded to the game? If so then it should work and show up in the menu. If not I'd say your game might not be up to date and if it is, then I'd maybe uninstall and reinstall. but before that make sure it's not accidently qued instead of installed. It says it automatically downloads when its available but mine did not. Had to manually do it. Hope this helps!
Unfortunately nothing worked... But I found out that 343 is aware of this issue. So all I can do now is to wait for an update... Anyways thanks for your help ^_^
It's a bit silly for them to come out, release skins when the system to equip them isn't even working.
It's a bit silly for them to come out, release skins when the system to equip them isn't even working.
Yeah, truth...
They have not added the feature in yet. I have heard they are coming in here soon though
Uninstalling works. It will update the game. My version was old and i had to uninstall it to get the skins. Hope this helps